“Great Location ”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #28 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and was very happy with the accommodation.
I had a basic room, all rooms face the river and have large bathrooms, complete with TV.
Bed was comfortable, and room was spacious, with adequate space for laptop to work on. Rooms were virtually silent, and had quality fittings.
House keeping was quick, and efficient, staff very helpful and welcoming.
Hotel is closely located to the botanical gardens, the river walk and local restaurants and bars.
All in all, a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear MOJO-aus,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read your enjoyed your 3 night stay with us. We are indeed very fortunate with our location, with all rooms overlooking the Brisbane River and close to Brisbane's main attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is old world style and elegant and the lobby is very impressive. Staff from the Concierge, Reception and Room Service were polite, welcoming and attentive. Rooms are comfortable and great with views over the River. (Although, I did find it a little off putting being able to see in other guest rooms). Room Service was reasonably priced and arrived within a decent timeframe. I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear FamilyFunIpswich_Qld,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our Old World Charm and all staff were attentive. I will be sharing your comments with the team, as they always enjoy receiving such positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

- Problems with making reservation. Quoted price higher than available online & staff member quite rude when this was pointed out
- No one on driveway for valet parking included in very high rate. Person in taxi in front of me had to go looking for someone to assist, but no one returned after assisting this lady to take my car.
- At check in, with no one else around, receptionist was busy looking at his computer screen, looked up & then back to screen. Only after I "cleared my throat" did he speak to me and asked what he could help me with
- The rate on my check in card was incorrect - although apparently correct in the system. No offer to change it on the card.
- Twin bedding requested and confirmed at point of reservation & at check in. Arrived in room to find a king bed. Called reception & was advised it could be a half hour due to new "outsourcing" of housekeeping
- Lovey view and room was nice but a little dated.
- Went for dinner at MooMoos - excellent dining option - food & service impeccable.
- Returned to room to find king bed split into two singles, not doubles like at most hotels I stay at, which wasn't advised when booking. As I was sharing room with a colleague, it was very uncomfortable with the available distance between the beds only being about 3 inches. Rooms are a little small, so they could not be pushed apart any further with having to move furniture.
- Problems with the lift access to my floor. Advised on 2 of my 3 trips back to reception to get the key working that I must have put it near my phone (which was not the case) and that they have many problems with that (maybe they should check the quality of their key cards rather than blaming the guest?)
- Breakfast the next morning looked nice & was enticed by the "make your own" eggs benedict station, butsadly even though items were in a heated tray the eggs and muffins were stone cold. Service was efficient but unseen, there was no interaction with a waiter - we had to go looking for coffee ourselves, not offered at the table - did not speak to a single person other than at the front door, but plates were cleared each time we went back to the buffet. Location on river was nice though as we were able to sit outside.
- Lastly, when checking out I reviewed my account and provided my card for payment. When I received the final receipt, I had been charged a credit card surcharge. Whilst this is not uncommon, this is the first time I have ever been charged without being told about it before they processed it. It was not mentioned at any point during my stay or during the check out process.
A few other minor things that were less than impressive during the stay also (e.g mould in bathroom walls), but the points listed above were the main things I experienced for which I will never return. At the prices they ask for their rooms, I would expect 5 star service but have recieved better service at Quality Inns in rural parts of the country. A number of better options in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Room with river view was amazing, although curtains kept closed at night due to rooms opposite looki...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clifford W
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Clifford W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a comprehensive review of your stay with us. I appreciate the constructive feedback.

It is with great regret that I read of the poor service you received and I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise on behalf of the team in relation to the inconvenience experienced and impression the team and services have left with you. We certainly strive to provide excellent service and it appears on this occasion this did not occur.

I certainly understand your frustrations and please be assured I am addressing each item with the relevant department head as this is certainly not acceptable.

Thank you once again for your feedback. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Perfect hotel for a business trip with full suite of services available 24/7 and greet location for riverside dining options.

Booked at the last minute and got a very good deal on a river view room ( a must when in Brisbane).

Ask for a room away from the elevators as they are a bit noisy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear leaf2468,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read we met all your needs and you enjoyed our location over looking the river. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I recently stayed in Stamford Plaza Brisbane and had a wonderful experience. I had a room on the 19th-floor with the most amazing view of the city! The service was excellent and the people were very friendly. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Room Tip: Choose 1915, it was the BEST!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Doug D,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the views from your room. I have shared your comments with the team. I trust you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Australia and hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hubby had a late meeting in the CBD that had no particular end time so we decided to meet up here for a cheeky escape. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff amenable and friendly. The location is perfect. Close enough to the CBD to walk to business meetings or central shopping and riverside for walks/runs along the boardwalk or the Botanical Gardens. Close to some of the best restaurants in Brisbane (including those in its own complex), yet still surrounded by economical Cafes too. The buffet breakfast has a great variety, and the seafood buffet at night was fabulous. The Stamford manages to be quite luxurious but feels homely. You don't feel as though you are in a soulless Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear AAXandLolly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased you managed to have a enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy our location. We are very fortunate to be close to come of Brisbane's best attractions and restaurants. The chefs were thrilled the read your comments regarding the breakfast and seafood buffets. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel in the CBD Brisbane has a great choice of restaurants. Continental breakfast gives you a great choice of fruit as well as cold budget and pastries. Ask for coffee to avoid the jug variety! Gym open long hours and well equipped and the pool is lovely in the morning with the sun on it. Great hotel for business stays.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear HT1359,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.