“great shopping location with helpful staff”
Review of The Sebel Brisbane

The Sebel Brisbane
Ranked #33 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I visit Brisbane 4-5 times per year but this was my first Sebel Suites experience. As had 2 children with me we stayed in a higher level 2 bedroom apartment. Views were great and accommodation was just fine. Remarkably quiet for a central city stay and only 1 block from Myers centre and one more block up to the city mall. Walked easily to Southbank and the gardens and a great little bookshop is close by. Taxis at the door and public transport handy. Staff very friendly and welcoming. pool nice for hot afternoons and many resturants close by.

Room Tip: high makes for best view and less noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2011

Another Great Hotel I have travelled to Brisbane many Times & used many Hotels the one I go back to the Most is the Sebel on Charlotte...the staff are great, the Rooms are extremly well set out with views of City from well sized Balconys, they also have a well maintained Kitchen... the Hotel is close to many ammenities from good restaraunts to Pubs to the local Super market.. well worth the time if staying in Bris go to the Sebel on Charlotte....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham9CAMS
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stayed in a standard hotel room here and it was good value for the location. Very friendly and helpful staff at reception. Hotel room was average size with the usual amenities plus a bath robe. Modern clean bathroom although the towels were a bit on the thin side. Huge windows with a city view so there was good light in the room. Bed was very comfortable with the option to get different pillows. Did not hear any noise from other rooms or outside even though the hotel seemed very busy on a Saturday night with people coming & going to Christmas functions etc. Fantastic location, shops and restaurants on the door step and only a short walk away to the mall. Have stayed a few years ago in an apartment and it was great then as well. Have also stayed in the Oaks Festival Towers and the Oaks Charlotte previously and these are all great locations for shopping but the Sebel is a bit higher quality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Had to travel to Brisbane for work at the last minute and booked this online. The best thing about it was the location - located just a block away from the shopping streets, the area was lively during the weekends and throughout Saturday and Sunday. there are lots of restaurants and coffee places, and I enjoyed the area. The rooms however, were fairly basic, with few amenities. The room was clean - I would stay again, but this time will remember to bring my toiletries and bedroom slippers!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank S L
Reviewed 23 November 2011

In general, I prefer to rate soley on the hotel, but I feel this locaiton is so critical to the success of the hotel. Well situated for business, leisure or tourism.
It is an easy walk to many many places in Brisbane.
Staff at reception were professional and friendly.
My room was excellent. Well designed and maintained. I loved the bed comfort.
I had internet problems which were sorted out and the staff offered me 1 day internet for free. I actually feel all hotels need to offer free internet, but I appreciated the gesture.
I recommend this location strongly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed for 2 nights as a result of the Quantas grounding. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful and courteous. I had a 1 bedroom apartment that included a small outdoor balcony. This really felt like a home away from home. The kitchen area was well equipped - including a small clothes washer/dryer. The only negative was slow wait-staff service in the hotel restaurant. But the food was good and I loved the indoor/outdoor options for seating.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at the Sebel Suites over a weekend for a friend's wedding. Most of the guests were either staying at the Quest or here, and upon finding a good deal we chose Sebel. And we were not disappointed.
We had a two bedroom suite, which was a one bedroom suite plus a studio. This worked out to be perfect for us, as there was myself, my husband and our baby in the one bedroom, and a friend took the studio. So he had sufficient privacy and were not disturbed by our baby crying at night. The suite was small and cozy, but had all the essentials we needed for a weekend. Especially with a baby, a kitchen is very useful.
The staff at the reception were all friendly and responsive. I had an issue with a creaky bathroom door, and it was fixed the next time we were back in the room.
The location is very central. Close to the botanical garden (great for a walk), and to restaurants and cafes. I didn't try the cafe downstairs, because there were heaps around the hotel to choose from.
I would recommend this place, if you can get a good deal online.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family