“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Location”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great Location, excellent staff, reception staff member was so helpful. Room had everything that we required. Restaurant on site. Bed was very comfortable. Short walk to Queen Street Mall, Botanical Gardens, Government House. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear 940carolh,

It sounds like you've summed us up pretty well and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks so much for your comments.

Tom Bloomfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Lake Macquarie
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Cannot give the staff enough praise, from our room, to reception and the restaurant, all were without fault. Nothing was a problem always with a smile. Facilities also great and location amazing. Able to walk everywhere and plenty of cabs at the door. Will definitely return and recommend. Great discounts with Accor Advantage membership

Dear Lorraine G,

Thanks so much for your review - it's fantastic to hear that our team really made a difference to your stay. We also appreciate the loyalty of our Advantage Plus members and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is a close walk to Queen Street Mall and also close to Central Station where the Airtrain from the airport arrives into that is closest to the hotel.

The rate I booked was a prepaid rate but at check-in they advised that no money had been taken. A blip to start my stay. I stayed in a studio room with a king bed. The bed itself was not that comfortable as it was a king zip bed so there was a gap between the single beds and no mattress topper to cover the gap. The bathroom was of average size and had a shower over tub. The room was a bit noisy at night as my room faced onto corner of Charlotte and Alberts Streets. Could do with better glazing.

The service was fairly good as dealt with my problem of not being pre-paid and also not charging me a credit card fee when I complained that it shouldn't be charged as pre-paid rates don't get charged.

Overall there are better hotels in Brisbane in same bracket but location is the main selling point.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank rc33
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear rc33,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your recognition of our team in resolving the prepayment issue and also your comments about our facilities. We have some upgrades planned within the next few months which should remedy some of the points you mention and if you are staying in Brisbane again in the near future, please make contact with me at the number below, so I can personally ensure you receive a very quiet room at a great rate, in addition to a full king bed. We want to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible, to complement our great location.

T: 07 3224 3510
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I chose this hotel as I was in Brisbane for one night only & wanted somewhere central.
The location was ideal, right next to Queen St, Mall. Easy walk over the bridge to the riverbank cares & restaurants. In the middle of the Heritage walking trail & not to far to the Botanical Gardens.
The staff I were very friendly & helpful.
I was on the 23rd floor so there was no street noise.
The room was a studio, it was perfectly adequate, nothing unique or special. The bed was comfortable.

Overall a good place to stay in the heart of Brisbane City.

1 Thank Mike L
Dear Mike,

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We're glad to have provided you with a refreshing, uninterrupted night's sleep, right in the heat of the city. We hope to see you again next time you visit Brisbane.

If there's anything else we can do to make The Sebel Suites Brisbane an even more attractive option for you, we hope you will let us know about that too.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have stayed in a number of apart hotels in Brisbane city, and this one would not be the best I have stayed in, but in saying that, there is nothing wrong with the hotel or room.
The kitchen has all that you need, but be mindful there is no oven, just a convection microwave and the fridge is only a bar fridge with a freezer that only keeps food chilled, not frozen.
The one bedroom apartment we stayed in was large and the bed very comfortable.
The reception staff were very helpful and were able to help out when we had some issues with the TV in the room.
There is a gym and pool on site.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors to get some views over the city.
1 Thank ScottRo
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear ScottRo,

Thanks for taking the time to review The Sebel Suites Brisbane and providing balanced commentary. It's good to know that our hotel met your needs and our staff provided you with good service. We take your point that the kitchenette provides all the basic 'mod cons' one would expect when staying in the central city, but does not have a full-sized oven and fridge. The key reason for this and the point of difference between Sebel and other serviced apartments, is that we offer the full services of a AAA 4.5 star rated hotel. We have an excellent range of room service or restaurant options, to complement the self-catered facilities in our guest suites. Once again, we appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to see you again soon.

Sydney, NSW
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great location right in the middle of the CBD without any street noise, reception staff were always friendly and helpful, free all-day luggage storage was great. I was upgraded from a single to a studio room as the singles had been booked out, so I was given two adjoining rooms i.e a bedroom and TV room with table and lounge which was a nice touch that I almost had to force myself to leave for the night as planned!
I was told there was a swimming pool but only being there one night I didn't have time to use it, but I would have if I was there longer.
I paid $130 for this hotel on a Qantas deal, but I wouldn't pay more than $150 for a future stay. It's certainly on my radar for my next visit if a similar pricing deal comes along.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear jubskulker,

Thanks so much for your comments. We're absolutely delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your stay and that you were able to find a great rate as well. You can also book us directly via www.accorhotels.com and we will assure you of the best value accommodation offers for any future visits.