“Love this place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it was fantastic. Rooms were very glean a Nd airy, all the facilities including the kitchen were great. The washing machine was also appreciated as we had been on the road for three weeks. The kitchen utensils were more than adequate, with good cooking pans, crockery and cutlery. Televisions had several fox sport channels, plus all the normal free to air and some paid movie channels. Fantastic location, right in the heart of Brisbane shopping malls, great eateries and the casino.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Only a 5 minute walk downhill from the City mall with a cab rank across the road the position of The Sebel Suites is excellent with lots of Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Fast Food options, Night Clubs and Cinemas within easy walking distance. The quality of the room and furnishings is excellent and as these are apartments if you want to have a cook up while away from home you can - there's several 7-eleven type stores and liquor shops close by as well. Walking the other direction away from the mall you are only several blocks to the Botanical Gardens which is a lovely spot to go for a walk to clear the head after a busy day in the city. There's a restaurant in the foyer as well. Customer service provided here is first class. I simply can't fault this property at all.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Four stars from us, but I will clarify to say that five means for us that we get something extraordinary. This property delivered well for the price and will absolutely stay again. We had the one bedroom apartment and very pleased with the size and layout. Staff were professional and unobtrusive. I think that we got one of the refurbished as it was exceptionally clean and tidy design. I'm not a fan of these bathrooms, harsh harsh lighting and the shower has the tendency to leak water on the floor due to narrow design, but I will take that for having larger living space.

One thing I forgot to mention at check out was that the air con didn't go through to the bedroom, think we were in 2810, but it wasn't stifling in there at all (think just needs maintenance which I'm sure they will do).

Location is fantastic. Absolutely silent in apartment (very important to us) but all the activity just outside the hotels. Wealth of choice for eating and shopping.

Only ordered one room service, a chocolate dessert thing with praline and spearmint icecream. Seriously, that deserves it's own review! Five stars for that. The absolute best dessert I think I have ever had. And my husband's a cooking lecturer so I'm pretty spoilt for food.

Overall, really good for the price. No complaints and would be happy to recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Cassandnigel, thanks so much for your comprehensive review. We're obviously delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass on your compliments regarding the dessert to our Chef. Please let us know when you're planning to visit again and we'll see if we can whip you up something extra special from the kitchen to surpass this dish. Regards, Tom Bloomfield - General Manager.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was here for only one night on business. Check in was friendly and efficient, room was a good size, and the bed was very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep. This compared to a colleague at another hotel with a building site next door! I had room service for dinner, this was high quality, very tasty and not too big (approx 200g steak). While the bathroom was a bit dated, it was okay, until I got into the shower. I'm used to shower over bath configurations, but the ceiling was so low I almost hit my head, and the shower head was also low, so couldn't wash my hair. Anyone over six foot would struggle with this shower. The temperature was also on the difficult side, moving the shower temperature 2mm went from cold to boiling hot. Other than that a very comfortable night, no noise issues. Fine for an overnight stay on business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Embee Wellington, thanks so much for your detailed and balanced review. We're delighted that you enjoyed a peaceful night's rest and a great meal as well. We're sorry to hear that the shower caused you issues with height and a temperature fluctuation - we're confident that the latter point was an isolated issue, though we apologise for the inconvenience.