1,155 results
All reviews south bank william jolly bridge great location state library art galleries lyric theatre south brisbane station cultural precinct grey street exhibition centre free car parking within walking distance across the bridge southbank parklands suncorp stadium would stay again an easy walk
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Stayed here overnight in july, I had an early morning flight. Its in a nice location, just a small stroll to the trainstation to get the air train. The rooms are on the small size, especially the bathroom, and it smelt. I left the door open to air it out and the smell went away, but the room in general was clean and had everything I needed for an overnight stay. If you intend to stay any longer than a night, then it probably better to get an apartment. For an overnight stay on a budget this is excellent choice. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a constructive feedback.

It is great to see our location was convenient, and I am happy to advise that AirTrain and Riverside Hotel have just entered a partnership. That means that you can now buy tickets at our Reception at a cheaper price and, furthermore, de display the AirTrain times on a screen on our lobby.

Regarding the smell, we have spoken to engineers and were advised that this happens sometimes in apartment buildings whenever a bathroom has not been used for a few days. Because the sink or shower was not utilized for a while, the pipes generated the smell. It is not usual, but it can happen. Our Operations Manager has advised that, should this happen, please contact Reception on the spot and the problem will be solved.

On the positive side, thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of the room and that it had everything one would require.

Our 1 Bedroom Apartments are self-contained and, as you mentioned, perfect for a longer stay.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and please do not hesitate to get in touch with myself whenever planning your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a work trip and had to organize accomodation with a budget in mind.
Overall really happy with this hotel.
Some noise issues by being so close to an overpass and main road. However only a short stroll along the river to Southbank. Close to CBD for work, and parking is free and access to lock up underground park is provided. Internet access is available, and breakie was basic but really good standard. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ant6974

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to see you have enjoyed your stay with us and was happy with Riverside Hotel.

Some of our guests find that they cannot hear the noise from the bridge, while others can. It will be my pleasure to allocate you into a room on the other side of the Hotel on your next stay.

It is also great to see our facilities were up to speed with what you required, and that our location was valuable.

Thank you once again for recommending us, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with myself directly so tht I may organize your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel while my wife was attending a conference at the Brissy Con Centre. Terrible rooms, smaller than an out-house. Staff were inflexible trying to get an extension for a late check- out despite dropping a lot of money during our 5 night stay on room service and at the restaurant. Always knew Brisbane hotels had their shortcomings ( both service and facilities) but this place takes the prize. Avoid at all costs if you are used to business travel and business hotels.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Nitij P

Dear Guest,

I usually thank all guests for their feedback, but as I know exactly every single fact that happened throughout your stay, I simply cannot.

You were staying at Riverside Hotel “free of charge”, as the company in charge of the conference your partner was attending was paying for your stay.

The discourtesy of your partner towards our Reception staff upon arrival was so appalling that even her colleagues were looking at me with apologetic eyes.

The room you were staying in is just fine, has no problems with it. We are not a 5 star Indonesian Resort, and never claimed to be one.

Our staff was not inflexible; you were given a complimentary late check-out until 11am. When we kindly asked you to vacate the room at 11:30am, you simply decided it was fine to yell, disrespect and verbally abuse our Reception team, scaring even a few guests who were in the restaurant.

We absolutely appreciate feedback, especially constructive ones, because it leaves room for improvement. We have had guests who left reviews rating us low, but when came back, found out that we took their comments into consideration and fixed the problem. Unfortunately, it is definitely easier to “trash” a Hotel when you get home then to sit down with the Manager on site, have a coffee and talk about the problem.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I have stayed here before as it is handy to the city and Southbank and close to transport particularly the airport via the Air Train. Staff are friendly and despite being on a busy road I have found the rooms to be quiet a bit dated but clean. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ICMC
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your continued loyalty to Riverside Hotel and for posting such great feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am happy to advise we have just done a partnership with Airtrain, which means that now you will be able to buy tickets for it from our Reception at a more affordable rate, and have a screen at Reception with the times for the next trains to the Airport.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again here at Riverside Hotel.

Please ensure to contact myself direectly, I can assure you the best price available at the best possible room in the Hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I booked an apartment special room for an overnight stay on Wednesday15th August 2012 for a friend and myself on the understanding that the bedding arrangement comprised a double bed and a sofa bed.It was our intention to cut down on travelling time with an overnight break as I have health problems, and stay at the Riverside after attending a matinee show at QPAC, and to travel back home to Tweed Heads the next day.
On the day, i was ill with a respitory infection but we attended the show and aferwards booked in to the hotel to discover that the bar, restaurant, and housekeeping services were not available on the day as it was a local public holiday.I was unaware before arriving, that normal services would not be available. I was feeling very unwell and by this stage just wanted to lie down, and sort out the dinner situation later, so my friend examined the room and discovered that there was no sofa bed in the room for her to sleep on so it was totally unsuitable for our needs. The receptionist said the hotel was fully booked and our request for a refund so that we might find somewhere else, was met with the unhelpful suggestion from the duty manager (via the reception phone) to apply to Wotif for a refund.
We had no option but to leave and endure a very uncomfortable trip home as I didn't have a spare $100+ to find other accommodation. As a repeat customer to this hotel, i was hopeful of some sort of effort from management, and I am still upset at being treated with such casual disregard.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rhondda B
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Dear TripAdvisor members,

I have refused to reply to this review, as we have posted several complaints alongside the TripAdvisor team, requesting this review to be removed.

This review is highly inaccurate and does not depict the truthful facts. As for that, you will not see any further comments from Management on this review as a form of protest for reviews that are merely defamation of the hotel as an attempt to ruin our reputation due to a personal grudge.