1,155 results
All reviews south bank william jolly bridge great location state library art galleries lyric theatre south brisbane station cultural precinct grey street exhibition centre free car parking within walking distance across the bridge southbank parklands suncorp stadium would stay again an easy walk
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

1 br Apartment with breakfast for $200 provided decent accommodation close to the Brisbane Convention Centre (5-10 minute walk).

Room was clean and a good size with air con and big tv, kitchenette, laundry etc

Perfectly acceptable, but noisy looking out onto busy Grey St bridge.

Hotel overall was tired and uninspiring. In-house restaurant was ok but going through the motions. Caesar salad was pretty ordinary, vegetable stack was tasty if plain.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank VoiceOfReason73
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a constructive review about your recent experience at Riverside Hotel.

It is great to see you have enjoyed the location of the Hotel, as well as cleanliness of the room.

Regarding noise, all windows and doors at Riverside Hotel are extremely thick, in order to keep the noise out of the room. Nevertheless, we have found that a few of our guests can still hear the noise from the William Jolly Bridge, and for that, please accept my sincere apologies. I will be more than happy to allocate you into a room on the other side of the building on your next stay, according to availability.

I was very concern with your comments about the restaurant and the Hotel being “unispiring”. I did not quite understand what you meant by that, but I can assure you we have been working around the clock to ensure Riverside Hotel is always looking better and offering a better service for you. We have just finished painting the Hotel, are changing the Menu, working on a new website, and many more changes are to come.

We would love to welcome you back at Riverside to try and provide with a better second impression of the service and accommodation we provide and, as for that, I put myself at your disposal for any future bookings.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We recently stayed three nights here for a weekend away to visit the Prado exhibition. We chose the Riverside for its easy access to the train in from the airport ( 5 minutes to the station) and its closeness to the cultural precinct and Southbank. In the end, we didn't see much of Southbank as we were so comfortable in the room and the food and beverage service was so good, we stayed in and didn't need to walk. Highly recommended for food, service, location and eagerness to please.

Room Tip: A rooms are soundproofed to a high degree
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BaygirlAdelaide
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a remarkable feedback.

Your review has been posted on our board so that our entire team saw how their hard work is being perceived by our guests. I can assure you that you have made many people smile.

We were all so happy to see how you have enjoyed your stay, and that you would take your time to write it here.

As I have been trying to outline on most of our Management Responses, we have been working around the clock on improvements and on new and exciting things to ensure that your experience at Riverside gets heightened at every time you stay with us.

Once again, please accept my sincere appreciation for your review. I would like to put myself at your disposal at any future visit, please do not hesitate to get in touch with myself directly.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We chose this hotel as it was close to various locations we planned to visit on Brisbane Southbank. Discovered it was only a short stroll across the River to the CBD as well.Stayed two nights, would have happily stayed longer. Staff friendly and helpful, food and wine at reasonable prices. The meal we ordered for Room Service arrived promptly and piping hot. Room clean and comfortable. Good value for money

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalie_NMackay

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

Our team was very glad to read your review; I can assure you that comments such as yours serve only to boost their morale and to present you with an even better service on your next visit.

Many of our guests are not quite aware of what the Hotel looks like, and where exactly we are located, but when they get here, they tend to be pleased with our proximity to all the main areas of Brisbane.

Value for money is a major factor when deciding where to book, and we are pleased to see that we were able to provide that for you.

Please ensure to contact myself directly on your next visit to Brisbane, so that I may look after your accommodation personally.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We chose the Riverside Hotel on value for money as we were only staying for one night whilst attending a show at QPAC. Pleasant welcome on arrival by reception. Decided to remain inhouse for our evening meal - good choice! Great steak, fresh salad & hot mash.. Room 211 has the best bed I've ever slept in. Buffet breakfast in the morning was very enjoyable - everything was hot & fresh even though we arrived at the later end of the breakfast window. Well done everyone, we'll be back as the location to all Southbank attractions was perfect.

Room Tip: Great bed 211
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GoldCoaster T

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I was personally very happy to read your comments, to see that you have enjoyed your stay, that the welcome was pleasant and the food was good.

We have been doing a lot of improvements to the Hotel, and bedding is one of them, therefore thank you for the comment on the quality of the bed.

It will be our absolute pleasure to welcome you back at Riverside.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly upon booking your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was simply a great place to stay. The standard of the room was excellent, its location brilliant and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The free parking was a real bonus. It is only a few minutes walk from QPAC which was ideal for us as we were attending an event there. It provides great value for money so we'll certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robotiff
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback.

Location is a given, but we were really glad to see you have enjoyed your stay also due to our service and standard of the room. Free parking is something we enjoy providing, as most other hotels in the area will charge you around $25.00 per day for that, and we find that appalling.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon. QPAC has got great new shows coming up; please do not hesitate to contact myself directly whenever booking your room here at Riverside. It will be my pleasure to look after your accommodation personally.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about your good experience with us.