1,129 results
All reviewssouth bankwilliam jolly bridgegreat locationstate libraryart galleriessouthbank attractionslyric theatresouth brisbane stationcultural precinctgrey streetexhibition centrefree car parkingwithin walking distanceacross the bridgesuncorp stadiumwould stay againan easy walk
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We recently stayed 3 nights here during Brisbane Festival. Location is great, across the road from Gallery of Modern Art, with quiet, clean rooms and buffet breakfast included. Staff friendly and helpful. Short walk to boardwalk by river, and cafe strip short taxi trip away. Tariff includes parking. Only disappointment was lack of city view. Excellent value for money and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, bedroom and lounge with kitchenette on first floor. Did not see studio rooms. With doors to verandah closed was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SueS735
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive feedback.

Brisbane Festival was great this year, we are glad you enjoyed it as well.

It is great to see that you have appreciated our location, cleanliness and breakfast, as well as the friendliness of our staff. I can assure you they were very happy to read your remarks.

We used to have some rooms with views, but unfortunately, the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) has been build right in front of that, so we are left with a great location, but no more views. Please accept my sincere apologies for that.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly whenever planning on travelling to Brisbane again, we will be very pleased to welcome you back at Riverside Hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Unobtrusive quality and care are the keywords that characterised our experience staying at this hotel. Good rooms, consistently helpful and competent staff, great location, very good breakfast with a range to suit anyone's needs - all at reasonable rates. This was our first stay at the Riverside and we'll be returning whenever we need Brisbane accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Graham S
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review about your recent stay with us at Riverside Hotel.

We were all delighted to read your comments and see that you have enjoyed your time with us.

Our Restaurant Manager would like to thank you as well for the compliment, our Chef was quite happy to read your feedback.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back. Please ensure to contact myself directly, so that I may look after your stay personally.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

booked this hotel to go and see Jersey boy show
its a bit trickey to find but well worth the effort room was spotless with everything needed for our stay.in the morning had one of the best buffet brekkies we have ever had. you can walk over the bridge to the centre of bsisbane or walk to the city cat to go further all the staff very very friendly and we will definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank David K
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your priceless review.

All our staff was extremely joyful upon reading your comments.

First things first, we recognize the fact that our location is not the easiest ones to find, and as for that, we have just put new signage outside the Hotel, in order to facilitate your arrival and make your first impression of us a better one.

We are also working on a new website, and in there we will also include the same style of directions we have in our current one, just with better visibility.

Our Restaurant Manager has personally asked me to thank you as well for your remarks on the brekky served at Montague’s. he has also mentioned he is working on a brand new menu and would love to serve you on your next stay.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back here at Riverside. Please ensure to give me a call or send me an e-mail directly, I would love to look after your stay myself.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was a great find for visiting Southbank and proved to be just a stroll to to the Museum, QPAC (Performing Arts), Art Gallery and the delightful Southbank gardens alongside the river. It is also easily accessible by foot into the city.

The room we had was a basic hotel room with a single bed and also a queen and both were very comfortable. The room was a little dated, but very clean and it was a lovely surprise to find we had a balcony (think all rooms do have). It was a real bonus to have secure, covered parking included in the very reasonable tariff. Last visit to Brisbane cost an extra $30 for parking.

I would stay again because of: price, cleanliness, free parking and mainly location for visiting theatre and other Southbank attractions.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms available. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Traveller_Alone65

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your honest and treasured review.

It was with great appreciation that I read your comments about your experience at Riverside.

We have found that many of our guests have never even heard of us and, as for that, we are working on improving signage and internet visibility.

We are also working on the looks of the Hotel, as it has been a consensus that the Hotel is not looking as we would like it to look.

All of our rooms are equipped with a balcony, in order to satisfy all our guests. Please bear in mind that none of our rooms are “smoking rooms”, but smoking is permitted in the balconies, as long as you close your balcony door, not allowing for smoke to get into the room.

Complimentary secure and undercover parking is another perk that we offer to all our guests, as we know parking in Brisbane can be extremely expensive. We are glad you appreciated that.

When planning your next visit to Brisbane, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly, so that I may look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

1 br Apartment with breakfast for $200 provided decent accommodation close to the Brisbane Convention Centre (5-10 minute walk).

Room was clean and a good size with air con and big tv, kitchenette, laundry etc

Perfectly acceptable, but noisy looking out onto busy Grey St bridge.

Hotel overall was tired and uninspiring. In-house restaurant was ok but going through the motions. Caesar salad was pretty ordinary, vegetable stack was tasty if plain.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank VoiceOfReason73

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a constructive review about your recent experience at Riverside Hotel.

It is great to see you have enjoyed the location of the Hotel, as well as cleanliness of the room.

Regarding noise, all windows and doors at Riverside Hotel are extremely thick, in order to keep the noise out of the room. Nevertheless, we have found that a few of our guests can still hear the noise from the William Jolly Bridge, and for that, please accept my sincere apologies. I will be more than happy to allocate you into a room on the other side of the building on your next stay, according to availability.

I was very concern with your comments about the restaurant and the Hotel being “unispiring”. I did not quite understand what you meant by that, but I can assure you we have been working around the clock to ensure Riverside Hotel is always looking better and offering a better service for you. We have just finished painting the Hotel, are changing the Menu, working on a new website, and many more changes are to come.

We would love to welcome you back at Riverside to try and provide with a better second impression of the service and accommodation we provide and, as for that, I put myself at your disposal for any future bookings.