Riverside Hotel South Bank
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$116
  • Fitness centre
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$93
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
US$168
US$152
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$104
ibis Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$94
  • Room Service
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Agoda.com
US$91
1,052 results
All reviewssouth bankwilliam jolly bridgegreat locationstate librarysouthbank attractionsart gallerieslyric theatrecultural precinctsouth brisbane train stationgrey streetshort walkfree car parkingexhibition centreacross the bridgewithin walking distancesuncorp stadiumbusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is a great find especially for those who drive. Parking is complimentary and you can easily walk to the city via the Victoria Bridge. It's a short 10 minute walk to Queen Street Mall. South Bank is also a short walk away. The room is clean but a bit on the old side, especially the toilet. The bed was too soft for my liking. Service is prompt and friendly. Overall, this is a good hotel and I will definitely stay here again if we return to Brisbane.

2  Thank Bluefish7
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience at Riverside Hotel.

Taking into consideration that our slogan is “Comfort, Location and Service.”, I am glad to see that we have provided you with great Service, and that our Location was to your liking.

On the other hand, I was concerned about your Comfort. I have had a meeting with the Operations Manager, and if you could please let me know in which room you were staying in, we will check this mattress in order to ensure it is up to our standard and, if necessary, have it replaced.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back here at Riverside. Please contact me directly so that I can look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Great hotel for access to the Museum and Southbank.
Simply parked the car and forgot about it until we were leaving as everything within easy walking distance.
Rooms clean and tidy, staff attentive and helpful.
We all had a lovely time, we will definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Odette T
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive comments.

The complimentary car parking is a given, but I was extremely glad to see your positive feedback on the room and the service you have received from our staff.

It is always pleasing to find out that guests have enjoyed their stay and had a lovely time at Riverside, thank you very much for making my day!

Please ensure to contact myself directly when you come back, we will love to welcome you back and I would be honoured to look after your accommodation booking myself.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We spent two nights in the hotel, separated by a one night stay at Fraser Island. The hotel rooms are comfortable enough and well priced, having booked through WOTIF.Com. The dinner we had in the restaurant as well as service at the bar was also excellent.

However, we were unable to check in immediately on first arrival (understandably) as we had arrived very early from the XPT. So we needed to leave our luggage at the hotel while we did things in Brisbane for the rest of the day. We were given a ticket for the luggage by the reception staff member and told to leave our bags in a corner of the foyer. We had assumed that they would be moved into a more secure area when the staff member had time, so we left to explore Southbank, the Art Gallery and went on a river cruise. When we returned we not only found our luggage in the same position but were able to access them without showing a ticket or being challenged at all.
We asked the staff member about this and she said that this was the hotel's policy to leave luggage in the corner where there is close circuit tv. The staff member advised us that the hotel did not have the room to have a specific luggage storage area apart from the area mentioned which is plainly visible and accessable to all comers.
This policy left us in a quandary and feeling more than annoyed because we had assumed that we could leave our heavy bags at the hotel for a short time between stays stored securely in a luggage room, as we have done in hotels in Sydney and Melbourne. Our Fraser Island Tour conditions had specified that only a small overnight bag be brought on the tour due to limited room on the vehicle. The Manager on duty also confirmed that the Hotel would not be able to store our luggage until we returned the night after next, but suggested we try the lockers at the transit station. He made it quite clear that the hotel was not 'obliged' to offer this service. While we did eventually use the transit centre lockers, it was most inconvenient to do this, particularly as one of our number has mobility problems. We believe that the hotel should have shown more flexibility in this situation.

Room Tip: Not a bad place to stay if you are visiting the Art Gallery and other Southbank attractions. Avoid if you need to store luggage between stays as there is no secure luggage room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wayne H
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was very pleased to see you have enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant and that the room was comfortable and up to standard.

I am sure, by reading a few other reviews we have received on TripAdvisor, you will understand that we are always more than happy to accommodate our guests and check them into their rooms ahead of time, taking into consideration the room is ready and clean. Unfortunately, that was not the case when you arrived.

I completely understand that you assumed your luggage would be put away when you left it in the Reception corner area (where other suitcases were), but I usually urge all guests to inquire if they are not sure, instead of being led by assumptions.

As I explained to you when you asked about it, Riverside Hotel does not have the space to create a “holding room” for luggage, as some hotels do. As for that, any guests that would like to leave their luggage with us after check-out time, or prior to check-in are more than welcome to, but in that area where 4 security cameras are recording 24/7 and in line of sight of our Guest Services Agent at all times. Guests will do so at their own discretion. As you mentioned, we do have tags that we provide our guests with, and these tags should have been checked when you went for your pieces of luggage. Please accept my sincere apologies for that matter. I have spoken to our team in order to ensure these get checked at all times, as our policy dictates.

Regarding leaving your luggage with us overnight, the same principle applies. You actually wanted to book another room and pay $140.00 just to leave your luggage in, and I strongly advised you not to, even though I would be the one benefited by that. Instead of “suggesting” the lockers in the station, we contacted them to ensure the Station (which neighbours the location you had to go for your transport) had proper lockers for yourselves, checked the size of the lockers and got a quote on how much it would cost for the overnight ($9.00).

I saw you mentioned the Hotel should have been more flexible, but as I explained, we do not have a room where we could have stored your luggage and, as for that, it does not leave much room for us to be flexible in such a situation.

I also wanted to understand the title of your review: it says “Luggage and Internet”, but I did not see any comments on Internet. We always appreciate and treasure feedback, and I would be more than happy if you were to e-mail myself directly or contact me via phone to let me know if there were any problems with your internet while staying at Riverside Hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your experience was at the Riverside. Should you decide to give us a second chance, please do not hesitate to use my contact details as your point of contact for accommodation.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We drove from NSW to visit friends, decided to stay at the riverside. We had stayed there before, but a good fours years ago and were not too happy.

For the price we paid, we did not expect much again, but the location is just too good to pass up.

Wow, what a good surprise: upon arrival, we were well greeted by a smiling receptionist, who promptly checked us in, gave us a map of the area and let us into the FREE carparking. Free carparking, how about that?

When we got to our room, another pleasant surprise, they have upgraded their rooms to a nice brownish style furniture. It is nothing fancy, but for us who were staying for only three nights, it was great. Room was clean and comfortable.

Brekky in the morning was also good, especially cause it was included in the price we paid.

We had a nice chat with this tall bloke, I think he was the reception manager, who explained that the hotel has invested money into some rooms, signage, professionalizing their staff and so on. And the restaurant manager told us there is a new menu coming too. We even took our friends to eat there instead of south bank, thats how good the food was.

The only thing that is still the same is location, which is perfect, right on southbank. We walked to the city and everything, as our car stayed nice and parked in their undercover parking. Note to other travellers: parking in brisbane is extremely expensive.

All that for only 159 bucks, its not too bad at all.

We are speding our last night with our friends, but were sad to leave the Riverside.

We definitely reccommend and will absolutely be back! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: We have not tried the apartments, but were told that some are refurbished, some not, so ask...
4  Thank Michael R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your remarkable experience at Riverside Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is great to see that, after your last stay four years ago, we have implemented a lot of change that has satisfied your needs.

The fact that we offer complimentary parking to all our guests is indeed a great point, and we strongly believe it adds value to staying with us. Thank you for commenting on that.

Our entire team was extremely encouraged by your positive comments, varying from Reception, Housekeeping and Restaurant.

The Bed & Breakfast package we offer at Riverside Hotel has been reason for praise for almost 1 year now, due to the price on it and the quality of the food. I was very happy to see you have enjoyed it.

The “tall bloke” you spoke to was myself, and I am glad to see that our conversation was productive and of importance to yourself. The Restaurant Manager was also stoked that you remembered him. Here at Riverside Hotel, we are always open for chats, conversations and if you have anything you would like to talk to us about, we are more than happy to sit down, have a coffee and accept your feedback.

We will love to welcome you back here at the Riverside. Please ensure you e-mail or call me directly, giving me the honour of looking after your booking myself.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed here for the weekend in early October. We were seeing a show at QPAC and we decided to spend the weekend in Brisbane. We arrived a little bit early, before check in time but when coming to reception they checked with house keeping and told us that our room was actually ready for us and that we could check in!
It was nice to settle in the impeccable, spotless room before going for a walk along the river to south bank as suggested by the reception of the hotel who had kindly shown us on a map all the things to explore in the area.
We also had room service in the first night and the food was amazing, it was actually better than our dinner out the second night.
The staff at the hotel was always very friendly and helpful, we will be definitely coming back to this hotel next time we are in Brisbane, we have been to other hotels but this is definitely the best value for money, specially being so close to the South Bank cultural precinct, Queen Street Mall and the Brisbane CBD.

4  Thank Robert F
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive recent experience at Riverside Hotel.

Many of our guests, such as yourselves, enjoy evenings at QPAC, the remaining Cultural Centre of Brisbane, CBD, Suncorp Stadium, etc, and find us attractive for our location.

It is great, though, to see that not only the location has captivated you, but also the service and the little things, such as an early check-in and a detailed personalized map of the area.

Thank you very kindly for appreciating our value for money, and for your remarks about the restaurant food as well; we have proudly hired a new Restaurant Manager recently, who is doing wonders to Montague’s.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back. Please ensure to get in contact with me directly, so that I may look after your booking myself.