“Had a lovely stay”

Ranked #14 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Had a lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I enjoyed very much staying at Riverside Hotel South Bank. All members of Staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the facilities are really good.
Great value for money. I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Sarah_Iser
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such lovely comments.

I must say you have made my day!

Your review has been displayed to all our staff members, and everyone was quite joyful to read your remarks about our customer service and facilities.

We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back! Please ensure to contact myself directly so that I may look after your accommodation personally.

Once again, thank you so very much!

luiz@riversidehotel.com.au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I got what I wanted - a decent night's sleep. That was until the alarm went off, as it had not been turned off after the previous residents. I would expect that to be part of the housekeeping duties. There was surprisingly little road noise, despite looking out onto a multi lane roadway.

The place is convenient to South Brisbane, with the Gallery of Modern Art, the Library, the theatre and the convention centre in close proximity. Slightly further on is a strip of great restaurants and a little man-made beach. There is a great cycle and pedestrian path, and it is easy to use the rental bikes, from the automated stations that seem to be everywhere around the CBD. Cheap too. Just remember to write down your number from the website - I assumed it would be emailed to me, but no. So I had difficulty getting another bike after I had docked mine for a short break.

Back to the hotel. The iron was dirty, which really annoys me, when I leave a mark on my shirt after trying to iron it. The toilet did not flush properly. The staff seemed pre-occupied.

But yes, I would go back there, I don't have major gripes, just minor ones.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building, on the 4th or 5th floor would have better views, and are a little hi...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Zedscape
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your frank feedback.

First and foremost, we were all very happy to see the title of your review, that you will be happy to return! That is indeed a great start. I was personally glad to see that you were not disturbed by noise, as that is a very personal thing and some guests can hear it, while other cannot.

I was, however, extremely troubled after reading your remarks about the alarm and the iron in the room. That is definitely not what one would expect from a 4 star Hotel, and I sincerely apologize for this, and once again thank you for your understanding. I would, in your position, be furious to be awaken in the middle of the night.

As for that, we have had a board meeting and our Executive Housekeeper has deeply apologized and guaranteed this was a singular incident that will no longer happen.

Was the mark on your shirt removed? I would be more than happy to replace it for you, or get it cleaned in house.

Once again, I would like to genuinely thank you for your constructive feedback, and can assure you it will not happen again. Please contact myself directly whenever coming back to Brisbane, so that I may organize your booking myself. As for that, I might be able to accommodate your requests easier.

Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is the best hotel to stay in when coming to Brisbane... You are so close to Southbank, shopping in the city and nights out at the theatres. We stay here every time when travel to Brisbane to watch ‘Brisbane Roar’ play their home games at Suncorp Stadium. The staff are just so helpful and such lovely people, you couldn’t ask for better service. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else...
Thank you Luiz and your wonderful staff :-)

Room Tip: Email ahead and find out about rooms before you travel.The apartments are such a good size with wash...
1 Thank MonroeManning
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and your continuous patronage and support to Riverside Hotel.

It has been about one year since the first time you have been with us, and it is, as always, a great pleasure to welcome you back here at Riverside.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to outline how much we appreciate having you with us, and how easier it makes for us to suit your needs now that you book directly with us as well. Thank you for your remarks about the staff and for mentioning my name.

I have e-mailed you directly thanking you for the review as well.

I sincerely hope that future guests take your advice and start e-mailing and/or calling us more for their bookings, as mistakes can be avoided and requests accommodated easier.

Once again, thank you very much for everything. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!!!

Brisbane South
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

When the booking was made, 2 double beds were selected. There was no where that i could see that said one of the double beds was going to be an open out Sofa in the lounge area.

I also requested an early check in as i has to travel 3.5 hours as i was attending a sporting event which commenced at 10am, no body responded to this request,and neither was it mentioned on arrival to Hotel. Luggage remained in car park in my car until later in the evening.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your contribution on TripAdvisor about your recent experience with us.

There is not much that I can comment on your remarks, without knowing how you made your booking and being able to check the notes of your reservation. For that, I would have to know more details of your booking.

Our 1 Bedroom Apartments have a queen bed and a sofa-bed to suit the needs of our guests. Upon availability and request, we can provide a rollaway bed as well.

At Riverside Hotel, it is common practice that guests can check-in as soon as the room is ready. Just today I have personally checked six guests into their rooms at 8am, as the room was ready to go. I am sure you can understand the fact that I cannot force people out of their rooms before 10am, which is our check-out time. For that reason, we only guarantee check-in after 2pm.

Nevertheless, on the contrary of all other hotels in the area, we provide free car-parking, and it seems you were able to leave your car safely parked there as soon as you arrived, being able to attend to your sporting event without having to worry about that and, when that was finished, your room would have been ready to go.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience of the sofa bed and for the room not being ready in the early morning. Usually, I outline to all guests that 95% of problems that guests have at Hotels can be solved straight away, by merely talking to a Manager. Should you encounter further problems such as these in any other hotel, please ensure to let the Manager know and I can assure you he or she will action and solve the problem on the spot for you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing Riverside Hotel. Should you be willing to give us a second chance, it will be my pleasure to manage your booking myself, so please feel free to contact me directly next time.

Port Sorell, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Rooms small, looked onto the motorway, so we felt like we were on show! Noisy from road if windows opened so forced to use a/c. Yuk. Staff need a little re-training. They were friendly, but dropped whoever and whatever they were dealing with to answer the phone. Had to wait whilst someone else's booking was dealt with, halfway through mine! Same thing in the bar. I had the impression this might have been hotel policy, as they were onto the phones quick smart. Only stayed 1 night, and would not have liked to stay longer. Perhaps a longer stay would have let us take advantage of its near location to Southbank. Not good value for money but Partner enjoyed the breakfast.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room away from the motorway would be better.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Nothing is more important for a business to benchmark customer satisfaction than receiving feedback, so that we may analyse your comments and work on any detected flaws. We sincerely thank you for that.

I usually advise guests to always check the Hotel’s website before booking, so that you know exactly what you will be paying for. As mentioned on previous responses, Riverside Hotel has always ensured that we have pictures and floor plans of all our rooms on each website we are advertised, so that nobody is under the wrong impression when they book a room with us.

We kindly ask you to please understand that what you referred to as the “motorway”, is actually merely the William Jolly Bridge, which is a normal two way street (Grey Street). As you mentioned, there is only noise if you open the windows, but please understand that any hotel in the city will have noise once you have the windows open due to its central location. Once windows are closed, no noise can be heard. Please forgive my ignorance, but I did not comprehend the “Yuc” comment.

About our staff, thank you for commenting on their friendliness, that is an aspect usually mentioned in every review and feedback we receive.

I will hold a staff meeting this week and will discuss your feedback in detail with our entire team. They were trained, indeed, but if the phone rings and they have a guest in front of them, they should excuse themselves for a moment, answer the phone and kindly ask the guest on the other side of the line to please wait on hold. At that point, they should return to the guest in front of them, finish assisting that guest and then return to the guest on the phone. Please accept my sincere apologies for that, I can assure you this will be remediated straight away.

I was also concerned that you did not think we provided value for your money. We take pride in guaranteeing the best rates in Southbank for 4 and 5 star Hotels. I would love to hear more about this, if you could please get in touch with me so that we may discuss this a bit further, as I see room for improvement here.

Our Restaurant Manager was rather pleased to see your husband had a good breakfast. We are also changing the menus a bit in order to offer better prices and range of food to our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly whenever planning your next visit to Brisbane, so that I can guarantee you the best available rates and look after your reservations myself.

Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Location was ideal. Queen Street mall and all Southbank acttractions and are in easy walking distance. Staff were helpful and room was very clean considering it is an older building. Will stay here again next time in Brisbane.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about us here on TripAdvisor.

It was with great joy that our team read your positive comments about our staff.

Furthermore, we were glad to know our location was to your liking, and that you are willing to come back and grace us with your visit on your next trip to Brisbane.

It would be my privilege to take your booking myself next time, please ensure to ask for me when you contact us next.

Warrnambool, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Recently stayed in a 1br apartment on ground floor, the room was very clean & very well equipped which was great as we were travelling with a young child. It's an easy walk to southbank and Beth close to West End restaurants also. It was half the price of hotels in the city centre and self contained.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank hannahck
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your graceful feedback.

We are all very happy to see you have enjoyed our 1 Bedroom Apartment.

Our Housekeeping team has been praised for your remarks on cleanliness.

Riverside Hotel takes pride in always guaranteeing the best rates in Southbank for 4 and 5 star hotels, especially taking our location into consideration.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive comments about us, and please ensure to contact myself directly on your next trip to Brisbane. I can assure you we will love to welcome you back at Riverside.