“Nice”

Riverside Hotel South Bank
Ranked #13 of 128 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
“Nice”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Room was obviously a recent refit so was pleased, the price was great and the location was excellent 5mins walk to anywhere !!!. Book your breakfast when you book in to get a better price ..15 dollars for a full buffet is rediculious nowadays ..not full on but definitely easy and good quality so do it when you check in ..on the bad side rooms dark and so are the corridors ..but beside that will stay again

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Globaltravellernow
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a positive and constructive feedback!

We have indeed recently redone a few rooms, and it is great to see they were to your liking.

We definitely appreciate your comments on the price and location, as well as your positive input on our breakfast. Our Restaurant Manager was most pleased to read your review, and has asked me to sincerely thank you.

We are working on getting brighter lights on our corridors, which are fully environmentally friendly.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and please ensure to contact myself directly whenever booking with us again.

luiz@riversidehotel.com.au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great location. Service and food excellent. Rooms extremely comfortable. Situated in Southbank with all its wonderful attractions. Only 2 Blocks away from QPAC.Brisbane Museum directly across the road and all the other wonderful attractions associated with Southbank.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy M
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging and concise comments!

Feedback such as yours makes our day much more enjoyable, and it revitalizes our will to provide great service.

We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly to organize your next booking.

Gold Coast Qld
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Location is at Southbank Brisbane which is within easy walking distance of art gallery, museum, theatres etc and Southbank restaurants Free parking. Friendly staff. A bit tricky to find the entrance. Corridors are not airconditioned which is heavy going on a hot summer day. Breakfast is cheap but average. Romms are not large.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank homer32
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your productive comments!

I was very happy to see you have enjoyed your stay, that our location was to your liking and that you have found our team to be friendly.

We also sincerely appreciate constructive feedback, and I thank you for it.

Regarding the entrance, we are now in the process of developing a new website, which will display our exact location with interactive maps, in order to facilitate finding our entrance.

Despite the fact that I agree with you that the corridors should be air conditioned, we do not have any plans to air condition that area any time soon, due to the high cost of it.

I urge you to please understand that we serve a Full Buffett Breakfast, with the same items as the so called “5 star hotels” of Brisbane. The only difference is that we charge $15.00 per person instead of $28.00 per person. If you could please let me know what items were not to your liking and on what exactly we need to work on, we would be honestly very happy to look further into it.

Should you require a bigger room, we also have One Bedroom Apartments available.

Please be sure to let me know when you will require accommodation in Brisbane again, so that I may look into it myself.

Melbourne
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Great location short walk to water front, gallery and close to westend. Staff were excellent, I got stung by a green ant which stings for hours and the manager gave me some vinegar to put on it which took away the pain. Would stay again if I was in brisbane. The room is on the small size but good enough for a weekend away. Have toiletries so don't need to bring any.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback!

You have outlined very important points, such as location and service, which we always market as being two of our strongest points. Thank you for that.

I am also glad to see you have been given assistance when the green ant stung you. I trust everything is fine by now.

Should you consider a bigger room, we also have One Bedroom Apartments available.

Please contact myself directly when planning your next visit to Brisbane, so that I may look after your reservation personally.

Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Good value for a night before airport departure. Right at Southbank with river walk towards Woolloongabba or head the other way to West End. (if you're tired jump on the ferry to come back) Big shops over the bridge if you're after retail.
Free parking a luxury, and staff were very helpful with driving directions to airport.

Room Tip: Our room faced large milk depot, but was nice and bright being at end of building with extra window.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive and concise review.

It is great to see you’ve perceived Riverside Hotel as providing good value as well as providing good service.

The surrounding areas of Riverside Hotel are indeed great, with South Bank, West End and the CBD at a 10 minutes’ walk away, just facilitates the life, especially when one can leave the car safely parked here at the Hotel.

Please let me know when you plan your next stopover in Brisbane, and I will arrange all your accommodation myself.

Biggenden, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed for 8 nights at the end of December and the begiinning of 2013. I had a standard room which was comfortable, clean and was tidied daily by hotel staff. The restaurant was absolutely fantastic as after a day volunteering at the Brisbane International Tennis, I didn't have to go out to find somewhere to eat. The location was perfect for getting to to the tennis from South Brisbane train station. It was only a 5 min walk. You can easily take a 10 min walk to South Bank, Queen Street Mall, Brisbane Convention Centre and Qld Museum. The hotel staff were all very welcoming and helpful. The cost of the accommodation was very reasonable and I will defintely stay here again when next I need to come to the city.

Room Tip: Room was in middle of complex and very quiet and pleasant
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lyn B
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such great comments!

There is literally nothing better than to see guests who have enjoyed their stay with us. It makes our job easier, and totally rewarding.

Your review has been posted on our wall so that everybody sees how their work has been perceived by one of our guests, and I can tell you, they have felt sincerely appreciated.

Please be sure to let me know directly whenever you plan on returning, and I will look after your booking myself.

Thank you again!

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom Room in May 2012. Parking was available for free which was a plus. Reasonable rate and the accommodation is comfortable.Very convenient location to walk across nearby bridge right into the main shopping street. Older hotel but well maintained. Breakfast was quite good.Overall good hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Eranda_11
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback!

All of us here at the Riverside were glad to see your stay was a comfortable one and that our location was convenient to you. I am also very happy that we were able to provide value for your money.

Our free parking is usually appreciated, mostly because most hotels in the area charge for parking, which we find despicable.

Our Restaurant Manager has asked me to extend a “big thank you” for your kind comment about breakfast.

We are looking forward to your next visit, so please ensure to e-mail or call me directly so that I can look after your booking myself.