Riverside Hotel South Bank
  • Room Service
US$71
US$68
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$86
Trip.com
US$91
1,052 results
All reviewssouth bankwilliam jolly bridgegreat locationstate librarysouthbank attractionsart gallerieslyric theatrecultural precinctsouth brisbane train stationgrey streetshort walkfree car parkingexhibition centreacross the bridgewithin walking distancesuncorp stadiumbusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is good value and is in a great location. It is very basic and the decor is a bit tired. Also may be very noisy if you are on the side facing the road. The staff were friendly and efficient. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street and also away from the rubbish bin collection site!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meredith M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As always, a happy and enjoyable stay at the Riverside Hotel. We always stay here when we visit Brisbane and are never disappointed. The rooms, the service, the car parking, the position with its close proximity to South Bank, museums etc.... it all makes us keen for the next time! Well done Riverside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Riverside has one of the best locations in Brisbane if you're intending to spend time at Southbank or any of the cultural precinct/West end area. My family and I all stayed in separate rooms, and appreciated having car parks for both vehicles (it meant we could easily take taxis wherever we needed to go which wasn't within walking distance.)
The reception and bar staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble, and the rooms were clean and very comfortable. And quite frankly, the price was also unbeatable in comparison to what's charged for other hotels in the same neck of the woods.
Thanks for a great stay, we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate4660
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great little hotel. A bit tricky to drive to as gps wasnt working great. But good service and clean rooms with carparking. Awesome value. We stayed 2 nights $16 cab to the valley hotspots to party and an easy walk to southbank even
in heels :). Ask for higher levels if you want views. We were in old part on 2nd level and could see the lights.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times because the accommodation and meals are at reasonable prices compared to CBD prices and it is a 5 to 10 minute walk over the Kurilpa Bridge to the CBD. We took advantage of the good value meal "specials".

I appreciated the fact that my wife was able to stay in the room at no extra cost and that I could leave my car in the carpark for the day of my check-out, since I still had business to attend to for the whole day.

It was a pleasant surprise to be upgraded to a suite rather than the single room that I had booked and that also gave us more space when our daughter visited.

A small annoyance was the shower rose, which was quite low and I could not adjust it upwards since it was fastened tightly. My wife prefers having the shower rose on a flexible hose that can be lifted off a mounting hook. I also noticed that the thick painted coating in the bathroom was peeling and needs maintenance attention.

Staff were all friendly, efficient and helpful and the service was fine.

Room Tip: The hotel is adjacent to the Grey Street Bridge but there is no significant noise from road traffic even in the first floor suite immediately opposite the bridge where we stayed. It certainly did not affect our sleep, so I would not worry about that aspect, particularly if you are not concerned about having a view. If a view is important to you, then ask for a higher level room on the river side of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel