“It has more than the 'Wow' factor!”

Central Dockside Apartments
Ranked #18 of 60 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Forster, New South Wales, Australia
“It has more than the 'Wow' factor!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

What a fantastic place this was to stay at!

It has everything in its favour. The location was handy and convenient. You could catch the ferry to Brisbane or South Bank etc right from the Hotel.

The rooms are spacious and modern and very clean.

The View.................what can I say.......... I felt very spoilt. I stayed for Business but would happily take the family there on a vacation. What a great sized balcony!

The staff are excellent and there are some great shops across the road for the traveller (Café, Bottle shop and convenience store).

Thanks for the great friendly service and I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river (most rooms have them)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CentralApts, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Hi Sharon B,

Your review on our property has the WOW factor! Thank you so much! It’s so lovely to read your positive comments.

Isn't the view fantastic! We love it also - you should see the fireworks from here on NYE.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family here for holidays!

Kind regards
Property Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I felt incredibly ripped off here. Once you check in, there are signs all over the apartment advising that if you set off the fire alarm you will be charged a fee of $1100. The best part is that the sign goes on to say that steam from the showers may set off the alarm. Unbelievable. Carpets were filthy and stained. It was a stressful overnight stay for us, and we took short lukewarm showers to avoid setting off the sensitive smoke alarms. Very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank P H
CentralApts, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi P H

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay here at Central Dockside Apartments.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the team for the stressful night you endured while staying here with us.

You have raised valid points about the in-room fire alarm signage and after a series of meetings, we are about to undertake changes with regards to our in-room communications. In terms of the fine, while it is a large amount of money, unfortunately we are required under Qld Law to advise of the costs.

I have taken your comment regarding our carpet seriously and have scheduled to have them cleaned. I am confident that you will have better experience the next time you stay with us.
If you would like to discuss this further, I encourage you to email me on admin@centralgroup.com.au.

Meanwhile, I wish you all the best.

Central Dockside Apartments

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

brisbane
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just spent a great four days at Dockside Apartments which are in a perfect location with amazing views across the river.
Very central to all the Ferries and city cat.
We had a two bedroomed apartment - very dissapointed with the furniture as the sofa and chairs were ripped and in very poor condtion, also the carpet so dirty and the lampshades very shabby ripped and dusty !!
First impressions do count and I feel you shoud really bring these apartments up to standard.

I realise they are old but who wants to sit on a ripped sofa with all the padding sticking out. If this was an owners apartment they should refurbish.
The fridge was rusty and froze all our food, the washing machine did not work !!

You are in the best Location so close to the river, at least make the apartments presentable.

I stayed with my family from overseas and felt let down by the standard of this apartment as I have stayed at Dockside on many occasions in the past, honestly this is the worst one I have seen.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gurrey
CentralDockside, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Hi Gurrey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent stay at Central Dockside.

I’m glad you enjoyed the view and also the location – we do have some great views here!

I appreciate your comments regarding the furniture of your room. Some of the rooms here at Central Dockside are in fact refurbished – so I would encourage you to request an executive room on your next visit. I will also pass on your comments to our housekeeping team to ensure our cleanliness is being maintained as I can assure you; this isn’t a true reflection of our standards.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact me on admin@centralgroup.com.au

Once again, I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay, and if there is anything I can do to help in the future, please let me know.

Many thanks

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed whilst on a work trip in a two bedroom apartment on the 7th floor with a colleague - cost was from memory $275/night including breakfast for two and free parking. The apartment was big enough to afford each of us our own space and privacy. The accommodation was nice and clean more than satisfactory. The staff were helpful and tried to please with breakfast ticking all the boxes. This is my second stay at Dockside and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CentralDockside, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Hi Andrew C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us - It’s always a joy to read positive reviews! I’m glad the Hotel met your expectations and we appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Central Dockside Apartments in the future.

Narangba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

After being guaranteed views of the story bridge, for the fire event, we were on the opposite end with no view of the bridge at all, the rooms were dated, carpet in need of a good clean. We paid for a buffet breakfast only to find out after we had paid, that it was plated food only and had to order. This was a change 24hrs before. The poor staff were beside themselves trying to work through. We had to wait 40minutes and then they ran out of baked beans, mixed up our orders, the poached eggs tasted like they were cooked in vinegar, it was ridiculous. We paid full price for the room at 450 for one night, this was definitely not worth the money!

Room Tip: Sorry dont stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Deb W
CentralDockside, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi Deb W,

Thank you for your detailed review on our hotel; we sincerely appreciate any feedback.
It was disappointing to read you were guaranteed a Story Bridge view – this is something we can’t guarantee, so I will make a note to remind staff of this.

Also, our buffet breakfast is plated food (this is to ensure your meals are cooked fresh to order) plus the buffet bar which includes cereal, fruit, yoghurt, toast and juice. I apologise this was not explained clearly and was not to your satisfaction.

My sincerest apologies for the experience you received here at Central Dockside. I would like the opportunity to further investigate your comments, so if you would like to email me at admin@centralgroup.com.au, I will get back to you.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Tiwn Waters
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Dockside for the weekend after attending a wedding there. The staff really looked after us at the reception. We had a lovely room with spectacular views of the water and Storey Bridge...and centrally located minutes from the city, markets, shops, restaurants, tourist sights. The room was fully self contained, (there's a convenience store across the piazza, and room service is available, but there is also a gorgeous little cafe, and a restaurant opposite reception, So handy. We loved it.
So much so, we have since been back for a long weekend.
Jeannie and Keith McCloud-Campbell

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannie C
CentralDockside, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hi Jeannie M,

Wow, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

We love the view our property has to offer - especially at night!!

It's always a pleasure to read comments like this - so thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Central Dockside Apartments.

Stephen
Relief Property Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed at dockside for 2 nights in September. We're really pleased with size of rooms, internal laundry and view of story bridge and the city. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Rooms are a little tired but the price is fair in regards to this. Lots of extra pillows in the cupboards which was a bonus.
A few minor complaints was that the fridge was not working (warm g&t's and no ice!!) and I was unable to dial mobile numbers from the room phone. Usually would not have been an issue but I left my mobile phone in my home town! I had to go to reception to call my husband, however the concierge was very accommodating and did not charge me for the two calls I made.
Wifi was free but only 200 MB per day. I used that very quickly indeed!
If you are looking for competitively priced accommodation for a family with friendly service then I recommend dockside. And the kids loved the escalator from the front entry to the first floor. At least 20 trips up and down before we got to our room!

Room Tip: We chose a city view rather than river as we are from the country and really enjoyed the maroon colo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hi Hoho69,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we're glad you enjoyed your stay.

We do have magnificent views of the City here, so I'm glad you got to enjoy that. Doesn't the Story Bridge look even more breath-taking at night!

Some of our rooms here at Central Dockside are in fact refurbished - these are our "executive" rooms. Why not request one of them during your next stay with us?

Thank you also for your comments regarding the fridge and telephone. We take all feedback seriously.

We look forward to welcoming you - and your children back to Central Dockside Apartments.

Stephen