“great value and location”

Central Dockside Apartments
Ranked #19 of 64 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We spent 5 nights at Dockside. The room was clean, well maintained, and the desk staff helpful. It came with one car park, and the complex houses a IGA convenience store and several restaurants. The location is great. You can take the City Hopper ferry into the city, or walk/bike across the Story bridge into the city. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
CentralApts, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Nicolette_9, thank you very much for your lovely review. It’s music to my ears to read such positive reviews of Central Dockside Apartments.

Thank you again and we’ll see you next time!

There are newer reviews for Central Dockside Apartments

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Nice place to stay in Brisbane.
The staff are very gentle and kindly.
Close to the river, you can easily go to the center (malls, supermarkets, etc.) using the ferry services.
I lived there for 3 months and it was an amazing experience to live there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CentralApts, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hi GoogleDaniel,

Thank you for such a lovely review! I will most certainly pass your comments onto our staff here at Central Dockside.

I’m so glad to hear you stayed with us for three months and enjoyed your experience!

See you in 2014!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We wanted to stay near Brisbane, but not to be caught in the city when we needed to drive. The price for Dockside was reasonable when we booked (some months ahead) and we were not disappointed. The parking was easy and the free ferry on the doorstep is a very convenient way to get into the city. My only minor complaint is that the WiFi was flaky and the login details (requiring a new signon and password every 24 hours) was not explained when we checked in.

Room Tip: Rooms to the south give you a fine view down the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

GoogleDaniel, thank you for your response!

We’d also like to think the property is in a great position! The free ferry certainly is a bonus also. Thank you for your comments regarding the free wifi – I will investigate this further.

Many thanks and I look forward to having you back in 2014.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

this unit hasn't been renovated since it was built, the carpets were threadbare and filthy, rust on fridge and stove, cracks all around the kitchen and hallway, sliding robe doors very hard to open, door to patio had square wheels, kitchen and bathrooms very outdated, furniture old, views nice from the patio but not from inside, not what we expected, won't be staying again spoilt our Christmas,

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter C

Hi Peter C,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us. This helps us improve our service offering where necessary.

Please know that a lot of our rooms at Central Dockside are actually refurbished in the way of furniture, kitchen etc which present very nicely. I’m sorry to hear that your stay ruined your Christmas and, please, if you’d like to discuss this further, please feel free to email me on admin@centralgroup.com.au

I do hope we can welcome you back to the property sometime soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Three of us stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 7th floor(702) in early October for 3 nights. Beautiful views from the balconies. The 2nd bedroom was much bigger than the main,but comfortable. I was horrified to see that there was mould on the shower screen(shower was over the bath - a bit dated !), & quite a bit of it too. It did not end there....there was mould growing in the slats at the bottom of the door of the 2nd bathroom, & also was very dusty. The carpets were filthy & stained, the fridge was really old & had quite a bit of rust on the door, freezer was iced up, one of the elements on the stove was cracked & broken(no wonder it didn 't work) very dangerous. The stove top could have done with a good clean, but most revolting of all was....there was some stale food still at the bottom of the dishwasher - no one had bothered to even check & clean it & it smelled. I have photos of all this. The whole apartment could have done with a good dust & walls cleaned. A/conditioning vent was cracked around the wall. If this apt has a private owner, they should be doing something about upgrading. It was such a shame that the interior cleanliness did not match the beautiful view & location, which was very convenient. The pics seen on the website is nothing like what it really is.
I filled out a report form when we left highlighting all this. However, after asking, we received some compensation when we transferred to a 1 bedroom apt for the rest of the week - this was much better, a bit cleaner but I will still say there could be vast improvements on the housekeeping & constant checks done. I will avoid the 7th floor altogether if I was to stay there again. Very disappointing as we had travelled from Adelaide, & expected much better than this for our money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view it's quite spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CentralApts, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback on our Hotel. It is always helpful to receive constructive reviews like yours Serendip143.

We, too, think the location is beautiful here. I hope Brisbane turned on the weather for you while you were here!

Please let me apologise again for the lack of cleanliness you experienced during your stay. I will pass these comments onto our housecleaning team and ensure the issues are rectified. Let me assure you, this isn’t the cleanliness standard to which we’re used to. Although, I’m glad the staff moved you to a much more pleasant room.

I do hope we can accommodate you again in the future. On behalf of myself and the team, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My 3 youngest children and I spent one night in a 2 BR apartment at the Dockside Apartment Hotel this week.
The apartment was very spacious with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 including laundry facilities) a living room, kitchen and balcony which was accessible from both the living room and the master bedroom. The apartment was on the 11th floor and afforded lovely views to the nearby dock, river and city lights. The apartment was very clean and well appointed but starting to look a little "dated". Still - for the price we paid - it was well worth it. The apartment also included free parking and we asked and were allowed to leave our car there until the afternoon on departure date which was a bonus as it saved on us paying for parking in the city.
The apartment was convenient to everything. There were a couple of restaurants / cafes across the road and a convenience store. We had breakfast in the onsite restaurant which was fine. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My children enjoyed swimming in the onsite pool.
Biggest plus - we all commented on the COMFORTABLE BEDS - not often something to rave about in hotels - but all four of us were raving about the comfy beds.
Biggest minus - the WIFI signal was naff - I rang reception and they advised me to ring a 1300 number which resolved the problem - but it would have been nicer if it was just not a problem in the first place. Also - our TV did not work - apparently they had had some major problem with the "signal" and so we ended up hiring a couple of DVDs from the convenience store across the street. Just a bit frustrating - esp when you have kids.
Overall - we had a lovely stay and would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors and ask for a "Story Bridge" room - be specific.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia K

Hi Julia K,

It is always with great pleasure that I read such positive reviews like this. I’m glad you thought the beds were comfortable too – they are our very own Central beds that were especially made for us.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the wifi and TV issues you had. In terms of the “dated” apartments, a lot of our rooms are now refurbished – so next time you stay with us, be sure to book an “executive room”.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you and your family a safe and happy Christmas.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was relieved to find that The Dockside Apartments a nice place to stay - I had booked sometime back and then read some terrible reviews about it. Well , I can report that my stay there was just fabulous.
My room was pleasant , 'generally clean' [ though plenty of room for improvement in this area ], with beautiful views. The staff were pleasant & the grounds were beautiful . All that you need is in the apartment including a washing machine & dryer. The complex is VERY handy if you don't want to drive a car in the city, as a ferry will taxi you to the city every 1/2 hour . The riverside boardwalks are right outside the door and are a must for those that like to get some exercise.
The pool lacks atmosphere - but is clean. The breakfast was delightful.

Room Tip: There were no dishcloths - very little coffee { so take your own }. Extreme caution has to be taken...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CentralApts, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi Heatherwashere2,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will pass on your comments regarding the cleanliness to our housekeeping team also.

We do have a great spot here with awesome views! It’s so convenient to the City by taking the free City Hopper – and a beautiful trip at that.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back some day.

Kind regard