I have stayed in Brisbane before, but chose to stay in a serviced apartment this time as my stay was a mix of business and pleasure, and I wanted someplace where I could make some of my own meals...but also have some of the comforts of a hotel.
The Bridgewater seemed to be a good fit, and a good value at the time of my booking. However, I was disappointed in my stay. Less so because of the accommodation, and it is a shame to ding the apartment -- but I found that Kangaroo Point is not a nice place to stay for those not interested in the big night life scene.
As far as the Bridgewater went, the rooms reminded me of a college dorm or a bachelor's apartment -- they could use a face lift. We had a studio with a nice dining screened-in area that was a bit like a balcony. Lots of light and windows. The bed was uncomfortable, and drawer and hanging storage was very limited, although there were a lot of shelves. The kitchen was well-outfitted (dishwasher, oven, cooktop and microwave as well as a fridge), and there was a laundry in the room. The apartment supplied utensils and pots and pans and also laundry detergent and dish soap. Fresh towels were supplied daily.
Here are my complaints about the area: there are NO decent markets within walking distance of the apartment -- there are three convenience stores which carry staples but little in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables. A loaf of bread that I bought was bad by the second day. So while the kitchen was nice enough, there was no place to buy things.
Secondly, there were quite a few bars/pubs -- great if you are planning a big night out, but if you just want a quiet meal, it's not quite the thing.
There is decent public transportation from here, if you don't mind walking between 500 meters - kilometer to a ferry. The ferries will take you in to Brisbane or South Bank, and there's a bus line that will take you to Woolloongabba or New Farm that isn't too far. If you've got a car, perhaps you'd be better here.
In summary, Brisbane is one of my most favorite cities, but Kangaroo Point was just depressing. And that isn't the Bridgewater's fault...but it is where the apartments are located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment style accommodation close to the Brisbane CBD ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bridgewater Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Bridgewater Brisbane
- Quest Bridgewater Hotel Brisbane