Sapphire Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
All reviewswest endbudget placecar parkcitycolesundercovereateriesconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Sapphire Resort does not have a 24hour reception. One of my colleagues did not realise this when she left her key at the reception one morning. When she arrived back after 10.30pm the reception had closed. We tried calling and SMSing the emergency number on the reception door more than ten times between 11pm and 12am, but there was no response. At midnight, we realised that the emergency number provided on the outer door was different, so we tried calling and SMSing this other number several times. Still, there was no response. In the end we gave up and my colleague slept on the floor of the room another male colleague and I were sharing. If she had been travelling alone she would have had nowhere to sleep, especially because most hotels in Brisbane were fully booked that week. Someone has suggested that the best option would have been to call the Police. The next day, the hotel refunded her for that night and apologised for a 'technical problem' with the emergency contact number(s?). The management need to make sure that this never happens again, ideally by having a 24hour reception.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Benjamin_S_G
Reviewed 4 July 2013

As others have mentioned, this is neither a resort nor a jewel.
We stayed there when Brisbane hotels were full and expensive due to the Lions tour (June 2013),
Hotel was one of the cheaper ones for that weekend and good value relative to the others in Brisbane which were all gouging tourists.
Clean and reasonably comfortable and well located for Westend restaurants etc.
There is also free parking on site.

This is no frills accommodation.
Rooms a bit tired.
No reception after 10 pm and a threat of a $50 call out fee if you lose your key.
Did not affect us but the computer with internet was not working while we were there.
We had to ask for towels after the cleaner left us with none on the second day
Fine if you are on a budget but do not expect a resort or a sapphire

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter N
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Have stayed at the Sapphire Resort on many occasions and have always found the staff friendly and the rooms very comfortable. Good value for money and the area is great, not far from the city but quiet in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank patellem
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I rang early in the year to book for a Convention. I was told that the room was payable day by day at $98 when the website says $89 and was told they were attending to that 'today'. It is still on there on Wotif. The room 109 was a shocker. I asked for a disabled room they dont have one I was told but there are 4 rooms on the same level as the office I could have one of those. I had to go down 8-10 stairs to get to 109. When I asked no one could understand me (all Asians) they could understand to take my $150 cash for my key. If you pay by credit card they dont take impression they bank it and then will credit your account soon. Our room was filthy bathroom a disgrace. TV did not work. Shower over bath I cant use but had to, it leaked out all over carpet. We were put in 111 they toilet was blocked. They didn't know what could have happened. I spoke to another attendee and she said she was in 111 the toilet was blocked she was put in another room so they did know about the toilet. No one speak 'Engrish' till Monday. We left Sunday (today). We asked for bathroom to be cleaned before we went in but they didn't do it. They do not make beds or wash cups all they do is change towels. Nothing else. It is definitely NOT 600m to Convention Centre it is 1.2Km the taxi measured it each morning for us so we could check. There is no offer of help with anything. The small balcony is filthy with 2 white chairs you would need detergent and the hose to clean it all before you could sit there. There is a garden outside the balcony with grass growing right over touching the glass door of the room. We pulled it out to stop it getting caught in the door. I could not wait to get out of there. I met four other people staying there who were at the Convention with me I did not know until I got there. I tell you they all hated the place and could not wait to get out. I have encouraged them to write a review. The people who have said it is clean I only hope someone is watching out for them in their own homes because those bathrooms were a disgrace and full of germs. It looked like someone's outdoor dunny.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank fussy531
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Great location, served its purpose well. If you want 5 star don't stay here. Lots of cheap eating and a supermarket near by. A small kitchen is also at the hotel for use if you want to cook something. Overall great value for brisbane. Book through their website you will get a better rate.

• Stayed: March 2013