“Never again”

Ranked #143 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Never again”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Don't know whether the pure stench of pine o clean, zero reception on the tv or the fact I found bed bugs was the best part out of my stay at this "resort". Only lasted 2 nights and I was out of there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mae lee C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

As a disabled person we arrived to find both parks taken by non-permit holders. Them embarked on a journey of epic proportions up 3 flights of stairs with lock on every door, ironically making this place safe.Beds left over from medieval torture chamber made for a VERY rough night. Not helped by intermittent TV reception. On a positive not great ocean sounds, oh wait delusional from no sleep that's traffic!!

Has hot shower, plumbed toilets and is clean and BASIC!!

Should be named more aptly named "Last Resort".

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lachie B

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got to this place yesterday for work. Guy on desk was not friendly in the slightest. The room was terrible: air con hardly worked, tv terrible, bed on a slant, bathroom and balcony dirty. It felt like a terrible backpackers. Unsavoury characters were already on their balconies at 5pm drunk and partying. I felt really unsafe.

I travelled Oz last year in a caravan and stayed in some pretty remote and weird motels so I'm not usually too precious, but this one, I just could not handle.

Forfeited my money and left to stay in an apartment down the road.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kristal G
Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Not the greatest accomodation around but it was easily the cheapest in the area so I had low expectations to begin with, stayed here for 3 nights but after one night had to move rooms as our room had an overwhelming rotten carpet smell that made it very uncomfortable to be in. Kudos to the manager for quickly moving us but the room possibly shouldn't have been sold to us in the frirst place? the location is great with the fantastic southbank parklands a 5 minute walk away and the cbd 10 minutes away. the single room we had was rather small and hard to move around the bathroom was nice enough, and clean but overall everything was a bit run down and the pool was pretty dodgy looking which is probably why I never saw anyone in it the three days I was there. Overall I wasn't disappointed with Sapphire Resort but I can't really recommend it to anyone unless you're on a very tight budget or desperately need somewhere to stay in South Bank

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cozza22
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

There are many places in Brisbane that are cheap and clean. Please do yourself a favor and never stay here. I write alot of reviews having stayed at many hotels and this is the first time I have given a bad one.
Whether it be the poor service, the smells, the bed bugs in the sheets I stress do not stay here I have looked around and there are much better places in Brisbane for around the same price. The location is good but what you will find as others have said for such a poor quality hotel one does not expect to pay a security "key" deposit especially when you are rubbing shoulders with the
quality of the people that are clearly permanant residents of this "resort"
This place was supposed to be just a bed and a shower for us but the experience ruined a sleep for us. We witnessed a drug deal and thought wow why did we not listen to our gut instinct and choose elsewhere. 1 night from hell

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank AccomodationAddict
Gympie
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Booked here with a bit of apprehension due to some of the reviews.. There was very little accommodation available at the time (due to the 1st Cricket Test at the Gabba). However, we were very happy with our stay. Room was comfortable, staff very friendly and obliging. Paid the $150 security deposit in cash which was refunded when we left. Good, free undercover parking and best of all within walking distance to the Concerts we went to at QPAC.

We didn't eat at the Restaurant, I unfortunately had an infected tooth, which prevented me from eating. However, my partner enjoyed T Bone steak in the Café Briz?, also on site. There is also a kitchen with microwave, toaster etc and laundry downstairs for the use of guests.

Left the car in the secure carpark and used the bus system, stops only minutes away.

I would recommend the Sapphire for comfortable budget accommodation and we will be back.

Room Tip: No lifts so choose what suits your fitness level
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Everyone agrees it is not a resort, but it's not too bad either. It is very good value for the location, just walk across the river to the city (only 1.5k to Myer), 3 minutes to supermarket, lots of great restaurants in easy walking distance. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were adequate with a balcony that is just big enough for two to sit on (take chairs from inside), could have been cleaner but was acceptable. One or two nights would be fine if you are not too picky. Bed was OK, no mini bar, air-con a bit noisy but more like white noise rather than really annoying. Secure parking a bonus, some under cover but not all. Stairs only, no lifts. We will stay here again because of the price and location. It could be a great hotel if more attention was given to cleaning and rooms were updated. Didn't use pool or onsite restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple