Sapphire Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
All reviewswest endbudget placecar parkcitycolesundercovereateriesconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive to book here after a couple of bad reviews but if you look at these carefully most of these have only 1 review in their history, to which I always treat with suspicion.

The place is not really a resort more of a standard motel. Whilst it is a little dated, the room we stayed in was clean and everything worked in it. I found others staying here to be quiet and pleasant other than a little early morning noise on Sunday morning pretty quiet.

The location is a real plus for this place. You can walk everywhere, coles is not far and you are on the doorstep of some trendy cafés and restaurants. I walked to Southbank and only 15 mins walk to Brisbane CBD.

We had dinner in the on site chinese restaurant and found it to be good chinese food at a great value.

We didn't go anywhere near the pool, and personally Im not really a pool person and there is so much else to do around here.

Essentially you get what you pay for, so its clean but basic but at a great location. We struggled to justify the hefty prices other places around this area are charging so with that in mind it is a good budget option.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Don't know whether the pure stench of pine o clean, zero reception on the tv or the fact I found bed bugs was the best part out of my stay at this "resort". Only lasted 2 nights and I was out of there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mae lee C
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

As a disabled person we arrived to find both parks taken by non-permit holders. Them embarked on a journey of epic proportions up 3 flights of stairs with lock on every door, ironically making this place safe.Beds left over from medieval torture chamber made for a VERY rough night. Not helped by intermittent TV reception. On a positive not great ocean sounds, oh wait delusional from no sleep that's traffic!!

Has hot shower, plumbed toilets and is clean and BASIC!!

Should be named more aptly named "Last Resort".

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lachie B
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got to this place yesterday for work. Guy on desk was not friendly in the slightest. The room was terrible: air con hardly worked, tv terrible, bed on a slant, bathroom and balcony dirty. It felt like a terrible backpackers. Unsavoury characters were already on their balconies at 5pm drunk and partying. I felt really unsafe.

I travelled Oz last year in a caravan and stayed in some pretty remote and weird motels so I'm not usually too precious, but this one, I just could not handle.

Forfeited my money and left to stay in an apartment down the road.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kristal G
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Not the greatest accomodation around but it was easily the cheapest in the area so I had low expectations to begin with, stayed here for 3 nights but after one night had to move rooms as our room had an overwhelming rotten carpet smell that made it very uncomfortable to be in. Kudos to the manager for quickly moving us but the room possibly shouldn't have been sold to us in the frirst place? the location is great with the fantastic southbank parklands a 5 minute walk away and the cbd 10 minutes away. the single room we had was rather small and hard to move around the bathroom was nice enough, and clean but overall everything was a bit run down and the pool was pretty dodgy looking which is probably why I never saw anyone in it the three days I was there. Overall I wasn't disappointed with Sapphire Resort but I can't really recommend it to anyone unless you're on a very tight budget or desperately need somewhere to stay in South Bank

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple