“TERRIBLE MANANGER & HOTEL”
Review of Sapphire Resort

Sapphire Resort
Ranked #151 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My partner stayed at the hotel 3 days ago. He said it wasn't much of a hotel and that he had stayed in better in small country towns. They took $150.00 dollars as quick as lightning from our bank account as a security deposit. We have stayed in many top hotels all over the world and have never had the security deposit actually taken from our bank account. Any hotel only takes an imprint of your credit card, that's all that's needed. It's been 3 days now and we have not received our $150.00 refund back into our account. The manager offers no apology for this. Instead keeps insisting it is the banks fault. There is no hold up with my bank, it's only waiting to receive. It's not a good situation and one that should not happen.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Karyn H
There are newer reviews for Sapphire Resort

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Clean, comfortable and close to places I needed to go to while I was in Brisbane. The downside is that it's quite basic and the layout of the place makes carrying luggage a real hassle. I would hesitate in calling this a resort; it's more accurately described as a motel. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool, though. Very friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pondo873
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sapphire Resort last night and were not disappointed. The room was spacious and quiet and the staff very helpful. We also took advantage of the undercover secure parking (not all spaces are undercover). There is a small balcony, a bar fridge, hairdryer, very useful bench for our bags, a sink and tea and coffee-making. We took an afternoon stroll around the West End shops and the interesting weekend market. In the evening we walked the 200 metres to catch the bus on Melbourne Street to QPAC for a ballet performance. It is definitely 3-star and probably would have rated a little higher in its heyday. We have already booked a return visit on booking.com which does not charge for the service. By the way, breakfast at Cafe Britz was first class.

Room Tip: As there is no elevator ask to have the first or second floor and access your room from the front e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman H
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive to book here after a couple of bad reviews but if you look at these carefully most of these have only 1 review in their history, to which I always treat with suspicion.

The place is not really a resort more of a standard motel. Whilst it is a little dated, the room we stayed in was clean and everything worked in it. I found others staying here to be quiet and pleasant other than a little early morning noise on Sunday morning pretty quiet.

The location is a real plus for this place. You can walk everywhere, coles is not far and you are on the doorstep of some trendy cafés and restaurants. I walked to Southbank and only 15 mins walk to Brisbane CBD.

We had dinner in the on site chinese restaurant and found it to be good chinese food at a great value.

We didn't go anywhere near the pool, and personally Im not really a pool person and there is so much else to do around here.

Essentially you get what you pay for, so its clean but basic but at a great location. We struggled to justify the hefty prices other places around this area are charging so with that in mind it is a good budget option.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Don't know whether the pure stench of pine o clean, zero reception on the tv or the fact I found bed bugs was the best part out of my stay at this "resort". Only lasted 2 nights and I was out of there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mae lee C
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

As a disabled person we arrived to find both parks taken by non-permit holders. Them embarked on a journey of epic proportions up 3 flights of stairs with lock on every door, ironically making this place safe.Beds left over from medieval torture chamber made for a VERY rough night. Not helped by intermittent TV reception. On a positive not great ocean sounds, oh wait delusional from no sleep that's traffic!!

Has hot shower, plumbed toilets and is clean and BASIC!!

Should be named more aptly named "Last Resort".

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lachie B
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got to this place yesterday for work. Guy on desk was not friendly in the slightest. The room was terrible: air con hardly worked, tv terrible, bed on a slant, bathroom and balcony dirty. It felt like a terrible backpackers. Unsavoury characters were already on their balconies at 5pm drunk and partying. I felt really unsafe.

I travelled Oz last year in a caravan and stayed in some pretty remote and weird motels so I'm not usually too precious, but this one, I just could not handle.

Forfeited my money and left to stay in an apartment down the road.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business