Sapphire Resort
Pullman Brisbane King George Square(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$110
US$103
Mercure
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$98
Agoda.com
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$132
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$81
  • Pool
Hotel Urban Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$85
US$244
US$187
Travelocity
Aabon Apartments & Motel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
Agoda.com
All reviewswest endbudget placecar parkcitycolesundercovereateriesconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My partner stayed at the hotel 3 days ago. He said it wasn't much of a hotel and that he had stayed in better in small country towns. They took $150.00 dollars as quick as lightning from our bank account as a security deposit. We have stayed in many top hotels all over the world and have never had the security deposit actually taken from our bank account. Any hotel only takes an imprint of your credit card, that's all that's needed. It's been 3 days now and we have not received our $150.00 refund back into our account. The manager offers no apology for this. Instead keeps insisting it is the banks fault. There is no hold up with my bank, it's only waiting to receive. It's not a good situation and one that should not happen.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Karyn H
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Clean, comfortable and close to places I needed to go to while I was in Brisbane. The downside is that it's quite basic and the layout of the place makes carrying luggage a real hassle. I would hesitate in calling this a resort; it's more accurately described as a motel. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool, though. Very friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pondo873
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sapphire Resort last night and were not disappointed. The room was spacious and quiet and the staff very helpful. We also took advantage of the undercover secure parking (not all spaces are undercover). There is a small balcony, a bar fridge, hairdryer, very useful bench for our bags, a sink and tea and coffee-making. We took an afternoon stroll around the West End shops and the interesting weekend market. In the evening we walked the 200 metres to catch the bus on Melbourne Street to QPAC for a ballet performance. It is definitely 3-star and probably would have rated a little higher in its heyday. We have already booked a return visit on booking.com which does not charge for the service. By the way, breakfast at Cafe Britz was first class.

Room Tip: As there is no elevator ask to have the first or second floor and access your room from the front entry to avoid unnecessary steps and corridors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman H
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive to book here after a couple of bad reviews but if you look at these carefully most of these have only 1 review in their history, to which I always treat with suspicion.

The place is not really a resort more of a standard motel. Whilst it is a little dated, the room we stayed in was clean and everything worked in it. I found others staying here to be quiet and pleasant other than a little early morning noise on Sunday morning pretty quiet.

The location is a real plus for this place. You can walk everywhere, coles is not far and you are on the doorstep of some trendy cafés and restaurants. I walked to Southbank and only 15 mins walk to Brisbane CBD.

We had dinner in the on site chinese restaurant and found it to be good chinese food at a great value.

We didn't go anywhere near the pool, and personally Im not really a pool person and there is so much else to do around here.

Essentially you get what you pay for, so its clean but basic but at a great location. We struggled to justify the hefty prices other places around this area are charging so with that in mind it is a good budget option.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Don't know whether the pure stench of pine o clean, zero reception on the tv or the fact I found bed bugs was the best part out of my stay at this "resort". Only lasted 2 nights and I was out of there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business