“Good Location”

Toowong Inn & Suites
Ranked #90 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
“Good Location”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The spacious ground floor Disabled Room (103) has a kitchen, large fridge, bench top hot plates, oven and microwave (no dishwasher). The unit was basically clean except the oven, which was quite dirty. There was only one dull ceiling light for the lounge/dining/kitchen area and if we didn't have the walk-in shower at minimal pressure, the bathroom floor flooded. Location is good, free undercover parking a bonus. Although I have made some negative points, these are only relatively minor and on the whole our stay was quite pleasant.

Room Tip: Unit 103 faces Lissner Street so there is some normal street activity noise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My room was clean, modern and with all the facilities one expects in four star accommodation. The inn is within 40 minutes' walking distance of the University of Queensland, where I attended a conference. There are many nearby restaurants. Quite plentiful parking spaces are available. There is self serve continental breakfast in a small but adequate dining room. The manager was helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 964David
Tewantin
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great place to stay in Toowong, close to the city, public transport at your door. The Citycat is an easy ten minute walk, the train station is an easy five minute walk. The apartments are warm, clean and spacious. Lovely staff on front desk and Free parking. This was important for us as the costs of parking in Brisbane are crazy. There was a pool and a BBQ, we used the BBQ which was great. We will return and advise friends and family to visit Toowong Inns and Suites. I forgot to say the Toowong Village S hopping Centre is literally over the road from the hotel, including David Jones, Kmart, Coles, etc.....

Room Tip: We had two rooms during our stay because we extended, room 118 and room 114. We were pleased with bo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Emerald,Qld
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family of 5 - 2 grown ups, 3 teenagers stayed in the Executive suite and could not have been more comfortable. Just a short drive from the city and an easy drive everywhere else, the location is exceptional especially if you have a 4 wheel drive which can be hard to park in the city. Milton Road is not far and Coronation Drive is just around the corner making access to anywhere very easy. There were numerous places to eat and Woolworths is just around the corner. The room itself was very spacious and had just been newly renovated. It can be a little noisy but nothing that was too bothersome. I normally stay in the city centre but would definately stay here instead as it is more spacious and has free parking. Indooroopilly shopping centre is a short drive down the road and Toowong Village shopping centre is just a walk across the road. There are also buses, trains and the ferry a short distance away. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with a family who has to stay in Brisbane. Room rates are much better than in the city heart as well.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite has a Queen bed downstairs and 4 single beds in the loft upstairs. It was excep...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oraemmeth
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A few months ago I stayed at Toowong Inn and Suites on a work trip. I recently received an email from them, in conjunction with BMag and Mariosarti, advising that if I stayed 2 or more nights in a business room, I would be entitled to a dinner for two, including a bottle of wine, to the value of $250. I recently needed to be in Brisbane again for work so thought I'd take advantage of the offer with a work colleague. We also dined with two others, who were not eligible for the offer.

On arrival at Toowong, Greg the Manager was most accommodating and advising me of all the food places to eat within walking distance of the Suites. My room was at the back of the complex with zero noise from outside or surrounding rooms.

On the two occasions I have stayed at Toowong Inn and Suites, I have enjoyed the time.

My work colleague had a child with her and mother was looking after the child while we both attending work, both of us having travelled from interstate.

My colleagues room was a two storey room with a heap of room for the three of them. The downstairs bathroom had a corner spa.

On one of the nights we decided to take the option of dining at Mariosarti, on which I have also conducted a review. All I can say is the accommodation was already great, but the offer of the meal included was a very welcome and unexpected bonus.

Would recommend Toowong Inn and Suites for a great place to stay for a business trip. I can't comment on the proximity to major attractions etc as I only went to and from my workplace. However, On a previous occasion I had dinner at the Regatta Hotel which is within walking distance from the accommodation.

Well done Greg, great service.

Room Tip: Choose a business room which is at the back of the complex.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bernie R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We only stayed one night, very clean, quiet, very large room. Two minute walk from Toowong station and the Toowong shopping centre.
Some nice cafes in the area as well.
Got a lovely relaxed welcome from the owner on arrival.
Didn't crap on about rules etc made us very welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scottf62
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Another last minute booking and Toowong Inns and Suites found room. Clean and comfortable, and close to shops this motel is a regular stay for me. I enjoy a nearby run along the Brisbane river before muesli, yogurt and coffee in the brekky room. Nothing is too difficult for the staff and the manager is always welcoming. If you want reliable service and a clean and comfortable place to stay then this is the hotel for you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Jephson Hotel
Toowong Villas
Toowong Villas
#77 of 159 in Brisbane
Toowong Central Motel Apartments

Been to Toowong Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!