“Comfortable but nothing special”
Review of Mantra on Queen

Ranked #59 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I had booked the Mantra for 3 nights while in Brisbane for work. I had booked the hotel room but was given a 1 bedroom apartment on check in. Staying alone I would have preferred the hotel room but wasn't given the choice. The accommodation itself was modern and a good size, the pool was great. The location though was a bit further out than I realised and didn't have much around it which meant I caught a taxi to most place. On my last night I ended up moving to a nice hotel closer in and enjoyed it a lot more. All in all it was nice for a serviced apartment but would prefer the comforts of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
MantraonQueen, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Regine K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us at Mantra on Queen. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and it is wonderful to hear that you received a complimentary upgrade from a hotel room to an apartment on arrival. Sometimes guests are lucky enough to receive a free upgrade if one of our lower room types becomes heavily booked.

On another note, I am sorry that the location of the hotel was not to your liking. Many of our guests find our location is convenient to all that Brisbane city has to offer including the Mall, Fortitude Valley and Eagle Street; however we do understand that some guests prefer to be right in the middle of the action and choose to stay right in the heart of the CBD.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

stayed for the night, great location through to food, nightlife and sights. Car parking on property weird, bring a small car is the best advice as the marks on the concrete posts will show. The entrance is very hard to find even with a navman...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adrian H
MantraonQueen, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Adrian H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Mantra on Queen.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the location to your liking. With the Brisbane CBD, Eagle Street Pier and Fortitude Valley all within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel, we are in a great spot for shopping, dining and exploring the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Brisbane.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly service and a location in walking distance to the CBD.
Rooms were tidy and if you like serviced apartments over hotel rooms, always good to have a kitchenette. Clean bathroom and small balcony with partial river views from the 6th floor.
Very reasonably priced parking.
Could hear the neighbor's TV through the walls tho early in the morning.
And quite possibly the worst designed carpark I've ever had to navigate!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear AmandaC3,

Thank you for submitting a review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Mantra on Queen and found the room and location of our hotel to your liking.

Many guests do provide feedback on our carpark, and I thank you for yours. While there are certainly some percularly placed structural pillars located throughout the parking areas, we do always advise our guests to take their time when driving through. It certainly adds an aspect of adventure to your stay.

Thank you again for your review AmandaC3. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.

Fornt Office Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would recommend to anyone for business, holiday and overnight.

Room is quite and spacious, I like it.

24 hours front desk and, people working there has good service and communication.

Good location, close to city and not too close.

Parking was compact and don't recommend anyone not familiar with narrow parking spaces. All I can say is drive very slow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marky M,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Mantra on Queen and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Brisbane.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Solid hotel in a good central location for doing business in Brisbane. Clean rooms though quite small for a standard room. Bathroom clean but small.

Good service and quick check in and out. Reasonably priced . Provides pretty good value for money if on a quick business stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dean D,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your time with us. We are pleased that you found the hotel to your liking and our location was convenient to your workplace.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room that you booked to be smaller than expected. At Mantra on Queen we offer Hotel Rooms as well as 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments, so perhaps you may find an apartment more to your liking for your next stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Brisbane.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and myself stayed at the Mantra on Queeen recently, the room was great, Fab views from the 21st floor. Staff helpful and friendly. Must have a meal in the SSS Barns that's in the hotel, ribs and beef fantastic. China Town only a block away, Woolies and a bottle shop 2 mins walk, the car park was a little tight. Great stay. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chris M,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took the opportunity to dine in SSS BBQ Barns. While the restaurant operates independently from the hotel, many of our guests dine inhouse or make use of their room service delivery option. Next time you are staying, I can highly recommend the BBQ Pork Ribs... delicious!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed for 3 night weekend trip to visit some friends. On arrival I was informed that I had been upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment (had booked just a hotel room as I was travelling by myself). My room on the 18th floor had a great view of the river and Story Bridge from the balcony, and a nice view over Fortitude Valley from the bedroom. The room was clean and spacious, and the hotel is within a 10 minute walk to the CBD and Eagle St Pier. Noise from the hallway travels into the lounge area, but the bedroom is quiet with the door shut.

Reception staff are very friendly and willing to help with directions and things to do. Alice was great, and Nick (I think) even moved his car for me when I returned to the hotel late on Saturday night to no free parking spaces.

Room service dinner from the SSS Grill arrived quickly and hot. I didn't have breakfast or use the pool/gym facilities.

The only downside to this hotel is the car park with limited spaces and tight corners. The entrance to the hotel is also tricky, around the back of the hotel on Perry Lane.

Overall it was a great stay, and I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Brisbane.

Room Tip: The entrance to the hotel is also tricky, around the back of the hotel on Perry Lane - enter this in...