Mantra on Queen
Ovolo Inchcolm(Brisbane)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,117 results
All reviewssmall carthe riverfortitude valleybusiness tripacross the roadqueen stbottle shopsmall balconynice roomhotel roomshort walkconvenient locationone bedroom apartmentwould stay againcar parkingbrisbane citystory bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2010

When my company informed me that our 'prefered hotel' in Brisbane had changed to Mantra on Queen, I was quite glad of the change. Being from Darwin, my experience with Mantra hotels (Pandanus, Waterfront and Esplanade) had been a positive one.
I had a five-day stay and it was very poor from start to finish.
- Arrived after dark and neither my taxi driver or I could locate the entrance, it was around the back with virtually no signage on Queen / Ann St.;
- Hotel including room was very plain and very run down (one of those places where you are not sure whether you will make it out of the lift safely);
- Was given a so-called 'suite' which required two doors to get into, and the room next doors guests to slam the (heavy) first door, have conversations and high-heels on a tiled floor echoing though the room;
- A washing machine / dryer available to guests was situated right outside the room door, which vibrated and wailed through the room. This had a curfew as late as 10pm, however most nights I was forced to get out of bed and turn it off.
- The restaurant was a trashy US-style steakhouse on the groundfloor;
- The only room service was a very limited choice from this same restaurant, or brochures of takeaway options;
- Only discovered on my last morning, though overhearing another guest checking in, that breakfast vouchers were available to use at a deli-style cafe nearby;
- Was only told on check out that any meal was available to be charged back to the room from the same cafe;
- Staying there for an extended period, I was glad to see there was a 'gym', but when I went to use the facility it was 3 peices of outdated equipment squeezed into a tiny ~4x3m room with no windows.
Needless to say I will be ensuring this hotel is taken of our company's 'prefered' list

Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Dust_Traveler
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Stayed at the Mantra on Queen for 3 nights in early AUG 2010, reception was efficient and friendly , beware if arriving in BRISBANE on an early morning flight , you will get caught in the rush hour that seems to last for ever and the taxi fares are exorbitant.Also like many hotels if you are an early arrival they will not guarantee access to your room before 14.00 which is a problem when you have ben travelling for 20 hours. I bit the bullet and paid aus$ 140 to book the night before my arrival to allow me access on arrival. The 2 bed apartment was great spacious and well equipped,with fantastic view around brisbane.The only problem is it is right in the heart of the Brisbane CBD, But to be fair a 5-10 minute walk will take you to the river and you can hop on hop off a variety of river cats and ferries and go explore , a must ids the Southbank Parklands.
I came back to BRISBANE a week later with a booking for this hotel only to find no room available due to an admin error on the hotels part ,which did not amuse me greatly , but credit where credit is due the manager arranged for my family to stay at the much nicer ,more modern and higher star (5) rating sister hotel over the river Mantra on Southbank, taxis were paid for and excursion planeed the following days were rebooked and paid for by the mantr group aas we had been inconvenienced which was superb. Of the the 2 hotels i would defiately stay at the Mantra on south again ,much nicer area right in the midddle of southbank parklands with all its open spaces ,restaurants and bars, but would not discourage people from staying at the mantra on queen as was still a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank wedge1962
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is right next to a 6 lane highway so the traffic noise is constant. There is also a fire station just up the road so fire engines are coming and going all through the night with their sirens blaring. The curtains in the bedrooms don't close properly so light comes streaming into the room at sunrise making a sleep-in impossible.
On a positive note, all the staff at reception were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank pianosimon
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This hotel, whilst a bit shabby and in need of renovating, is perfectly adequate for a stay in Brisbane. We got a good deal on Wotif - but might have been a bit disappointed if we'd paid full price. 2 room suite was exceptionally spacious.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KateKScotland
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Before traveling I checked out the reviews that had been posted. I was concerned about the negitive comments that some of them said. After staying there for 5 nights I can not understand what these people were talking about. The Mantra on Queen is a great place to stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well serviced. The beds were comfortable. I am not sure what people expect. Tired and unhappy people will always find something wrong or something to compalin about. We had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would like to thank the staff for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends