“Don't do it, you will regret it!”

Taringa Gardens Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brisbane
Taringa Gardens Apartments
Ranked #152 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Nothing like the pictures on their website, actually should be done for false advertising.

The unit for 4 had a dining table that seated 2, stuck in the hallway as there was no other space for it. The 'lounge room' was an small area off from the kitchenette (not a real kitchen), no space for a family of 4 to relax.

The unit had glass louvers in the children's bedroom which was at bed height and was not safety glass, an absolute disaster waiting to happen. As for the smell of urine that pervaded the unit, it was disgusting, a smell that, when we complained, the manager just sprayed some toilet spray to 'get rid of it'!!!??? The traffic noise from the main road was constant, and the unit was actually below road level which made it worse.

When we asked for our money back, as there was no way we could put up with the noise and smell for the four days we had booked, we were refused. It was only after going through the Office of Fair Trading, who totally agreed with us that it was false advertising, and that what was advertised was NOT what we got, that they reluctantly gave us back half of what we had paid (we were made to pay in full at check in, before even seeing the room).

Don't do it, it is the worst place we have ever seen!!!

Room Tip: We saw no good rooms, just don't book at all!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Alison3018
There are newer reviews for Taringa Gardens Apartments

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Myself, my fiance and our brother and sister stayed at Taringa Garden Apartments for two nights to attend Soundwave 2013. Unfortunately,we left finding accommodation too late and all that was left for under $600 was this place. I don't have many good things to say about it.

When we first arrived, we waited about 10 minutes for someone to show up at reception to check us in (we were early, so that was our fault) and when they did arrive, all they did was ask our name and then send us on our way. We weren't asked for any sort of ID, we could have been anyone and they wouldn't have known any different.

The fact that it had undercover, secure parking was a plus but we were told "You can park in any space, except the ones that had 'Private' signs, those spaces were for long term residents. When we got to the parking garage, all but three spaces had 'Private' signs on them and every single space had junk packed in them. The space we parked in had a printer and stereo boxes shoved against the wall so we weren't able to park fully into the space. The whole parking garage is like a dumping ground for the long term residents.

I have to say, once we had hauled our luggage up to the top floor, I was thoroughly unimpressed. Usually I read Trip Advisor reviews before choosing a place to stay but as I said before, we had limited options and money. We stayed in a two bedroom (two double rooms, a queen and two singles) and it was definitely not worth $175 a night. It's not even worth half of that, in my opinion.

The carpets looked like they had never been cleaned, there were stains everywhere. The walls were chipped and also filthy. The television was tiny! I mean, I haven't seen a TV that small since I was 10! The Foxtel was a plus but the fact that you could barely see it on the tiny TV was useless. The aircon wasn't working properly but it was still a blessing in such humid weather.

The showers in both bathrooms were disgusting, I didn't want to shower in there but I didn't have a choice. The toilets were, thankfully, clean but the bathrooms were TINY. For someone with long legs, like me, it was impossible to sit on the toilet properly without banging either your knees or head on the wall in front of you. It was also impossible for me to dry myself in the bathroom after showering, there wasn't enough room to move for someone my height in that room so I had to move into the bedroom. The bathroom doors didn't lock at all and there was even gum plugging up holes in the top of the bathroom door frame!

The bedrooms were a good size and the beds, while being dated, were relatively comfortable. The pillows on the other hand, were horribly uncomfortable. I usually take my own pillows to places like that but I forgot. The apartment was supposed to sleep four (max. six) people but there were only enough spare pillows and blankets for two. It took us almost the full first day to figure out how to turn on the ceiling fans in the bedrooms too. Who the hell puts fan switches inside cupboards!? If we hadn't went looking for spare pillows, we would never have found the switch. Also, I know we only stayed two nights but the notice in the pamphlet thing on the coffee table said the towels would be changed daily. We left once, for about half an hour on the first day and no one ever came to offer us fresh towels.

The kitchen was a good size but the cutlery was filthy. I know it's the responsibility of the previous guests to clean them but surely someone checks these sorts of things? Also, the stove desperately needed replacing, the hot plates were completely rusted and when we tried to use on of them, it made terrible noises and the burnt smell was so horrible we had to open all of the windows and doors!

The first night we stayed, the person in the apartment across from ours, who I'm guessing was a long term resident, had a VERY noisy party. They left their door open (which was less than a meter away from ours) as people were streaming in and out, noisily, all night. They had a BBQ out on their balcony and then sat out there all night being INCREDIBLY loud. They were still going when we went to bed and between them and the noise coming from Moggill Rd, it was impossible to sleep the first night.

All in all, I would say just don't bother. It's not worth the price and you could definitely find something better closer to the city, provided you book well in advance and not around the time of something like Soundwave.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Charming_Designs
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed here for two weeks, and the accommodations were provided by my work. This place was a total disaster for the following reasons:
1. Our apartment was completely filthy, with spiders and bugs everywhere. The sheets were dirty and there were stains on the pillow cases. The ceiling was actually falling down throughout the place, littering the unit with chunks of stucco. There was absolutely no management around so I had clean the place myself.
2. The apartments look NOTHING like they do on the website.
3. We asked in advance for a crib to be provided. We only received one after 3 days and it did not include a mattress of any sort for our child.
4. The kitchen was so poorly supplied that it did not even have ONE fork.
5. After moving in they began a construction project right outside the apartment. A trench was dug in front of our door, and we were provided with a small plank to walk across it.
6. We asked management for toilet paper and were told that we had to provide it ourselves.
7. The cleaning staff took our blankets and never returned them. We ended up having to ask management for our blankets back.

Avoid this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank AlpineExeter
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

Yes the rooms are dated.
But they were clean & contained everything we needed.
Plus, we were able to check in 5 hrs early, got upgraded to a deluxe 2 bed apartment, and there was no charge for the extra guests who slept on the fold out couch (which the staff made up for us).
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 December 2011

the apartment was nothing like the pictures on the web site, it was pokey and old and nowhere near enough room for 4 people. the lounge was small and the 2nd bedroom had a window off the lounge room which made it rather noisy for anyone sleeping in there. the road noise was enough to wake the dead, had to come home to get a decent nights sleep.
was going to look after my granddaughter for a whole night but there was not enough room to put up a cot in the place(very disappointing). would not recommend this place and it was not cheap either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Worst property ever visited. Only a fool will use them after reading the reviews. Wish I had read the reviews before visiting Brisbane. Stay with this guys ruined our entire trip. Hopeless customer service and environment very filthy. Sue Snashall (Manager) doesn't know what customer service is. HOPELESS PLACE AND HOPELESS SERVICE.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Saif786
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The good - undercover parking and lovely pool that opened at 7am (great for those with early rising kids, terrible for other guests!)
The bad - Everything else. There was a lot of mould and I felt it wasn't a "safe place" for a child. Plus the bedroom had a window into the lounge so not ideal when trying to get a kid to sleep! They only service the rooms weekly but towel change daily. My rubbish was only taken when I made a deal out of it and reception was always closed. The beds were AWFUL, completely lumpy and uncomfortable with the mattresses falling apart, and the "couch" was in a massive state of disrepair. The bathroom stunk of urine, the clock didn't work and the dryer only worked if you held the door shut! The fenced in area hadn't been raked of old leaves and contained a number of disgusting bathroom items from previous guests (ew!). For $175 a night I expected a lot more. This could be an awesome place but they simply HAVE to clean it and do some regular maintenance.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kiwijes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Forest Lodge Apartments
#41 of 168 in Brisbane
Gambaro Hotel
Gambaro Hotel
#20 of 168 in Brisbane

Been to Taringa Gardens Apartments? Share your experiences!