“Wedding wonderland”

Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments
Ranked #107 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
“Wedding wonderland”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding here and it was perfect!!! The food was immaculate and check in with Katherine was a breeze, such friendly and helpful staff. Big thanks to Charmaine who made all our dreams into reality

• Stayed October 2013

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is one of the places the company I work for, books for us when in Brisbane, and it’s because of the location - very close to the office.

When I got there, I was welcomed by a courteous front desk employee that even called me by my name before I could even say who I was - maybe i was the only person checking in that evening.... And it was downhill from then onwards.

Room was very basic, cold and super dusty. I tried to switch on the AC on heat but it was blowing only cold air - so i managed to get a cold in less than 24 hrs from my arrival.
I am also allergic and for 3 days that I stayed there I really struggled with the dust in the room – it was everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Pros: Good service at the front desk, breakfast place. Good location easy to access. Free WIFI and parking.

Cons: Not clean, room service until 10pm only, no safety box to deposit belongings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AliO_11
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We went to Mt Ommaney for an in house wedding, stayed 3 nights.

Check in was great and staff sorted out our booking to match wedding pricing. On Friday nights the little bar had a singer/entertainment and he was terrific. We had a 9 person dinner and the staff handled it well. They organised the wedding on grounds and looked after the 60 odd guests very well, the meal etc that was served was good.

The room we had was large and the only complaint was no fan in the shower so every thing in the bathroom ended up wet. There is some road traffic noise with a freeway on one side and a main road on the other, but it was not too bad.

Close to Brisbane and the main roads into and out off town. Large Mt Ommaney shopping centre across the road.

The only disappointing thing was that the bar and rest. are not open on Sat or Sun nights but you can get room service? I would rather the rest. be open on weekends.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My son and his beautiful bride had their wedding and reception here. I was truely amazed but the professional service provided by this hotel's management and staff. It was superb. The meals were five star, the setting the same and the staff at the reception, so attentive and nothing was a problem.....great service that is hard to find. Recommend this to anyone thinking of tying the not.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Longford, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently stayed here with my family while attending a wedding. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much to ask of them. We'd hired a portacot and stroller for our baby, and the staff were quite happy for us to have the equipment delivered to the hotel before we arrived, and they even took the stuff to our room for us. We'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We recently had our daughter's wedding reception here and I can only speak highly of the venue. Charmaine the wedding coordinator went out of her way to make sure the night ran smoothly and could not do enough for us. We paid for the Adoration Package and ordered the Buffet meal. The food was plentiful and delicious with guests able to have seconds and thirds if they wished! The desserts were wonderful. We were impressed with the setting out of the venue and the food and even the pre-reception finger foods. The table service was excellent. If you are thinking of having a wedding reception here, I can only say you get wonderful value for your money. We stayed in the rooms the night before and the night of the reception and although older, they have been refurbished and are comfortable with kitchenettes. Also very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

We originally chose Mt Omnaney because it was the closest to a wedding we were attending close by. only stayed two nights, room was very good, with our own car park, food was excellent, and staff was very helpful. Major shopping mall across the road which was handy. Only problem encountered was our GPS seemed to have a problem finding the place. Definitley would stay again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Forest Lodge Apartments
#56 of 157 in Brisbane
Centenary Motor Inn
Centenary Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Oxley

Been to Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!