“The Point is on 'point'”

The Point Brisbane Hotel
Ranked #5 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Auckland, New Zealand
“The Point is on 'point'”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I travel for work and our contract has recently changed our accommodation from in the city of Brisbane to The Point Brisbane, Kangaroo Point.

I can not speak highly enough about the hotel. The facilities, the friendly staff, the location, the rooms, everything about it!

Located on Kangaroo Point under the beautiful Storey Bridge, if you have a room with a view it makes you appreciate the beauty that Brisbane has to offer, especially at sunset.

I always look forward to going to Brisbane and the friendly checkin staff remember my face and welcome me back every time I walk in. They know the area very well and the opening and closing times of Dockside, the operating times for the ferry at the bottom of the street in to the city, and just anything that you have a question about, they are so knowledgable and helpful. They gave my friend and I a map showing us where to walk to & the barman makes a really good coffee (I can not remember his name, but he is an older gentlemen, and loves to have a conversation!)

The rooms are large and clean, and the beds are just heavenly to sleep in!
Anywhere you walk in the hotel, the staff will always say hello and ask how your day is, which makes them really stand out from alot of the other larger chain hotels that are in the city - it's that personal charm that makes me look forward to coming back to The Point Brisbane.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I recently stayed at The Point Hotel with my fiancé and was incredibly impressed.
I emailed prior to booking about which room would be best with the facilities I required. I got a speedy response and told which rooms would suit my needs most (a big bath was a must!). I checked in to the hotel and was greeted by a lovely man who ensured I had everything I needed. The room was fantastic, exactly as described in their online brochure, modern and spacious. We had breakfast daily in Lamberts restaurant and dinner one night, lovely service, great meals and value for money.

This hotel is perfect for anyone wanting relaxing time away but still close to the city. Short stroll to free ferry and convenience store.

• Stayed November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My, what a fantastic experience it was spending a night in a motel in my home town. The service is excellent and so are the quality of their rooms and buffet breakfasts. A very luxurious place with a huge comfortable bed. I would go again and recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Having stayed in the CBD several times when visiting Brisbane, I was pleasantly surprised during my recent stay at The Point on Kangaroo Point. The hotel facilities were superb with the lap pool being my favorite along with the cozy bar. The exercise room was a bit small but typical of a boutique hotel. Most impressive was the staff. The front desk staff was particularly helpful when I reached out to them for some unexpected needs. Taking the ferry to the CBD restaurants was simple and very handy. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed at The Point last week for a business trip and I was really pleased with the recent upgrade to the hotel. The new rooms (I think called a Junior Suite?) are really comfortable and have great modern furniture. The bathroom was enormous! There was no balcony but the room still had a good view over Southbank.

Had dinner one night with a work friend in Lamberts the new restaurant and the food was great. Brian who looked after us was fabulous - he really knew his stuff and his service is great.

If you are travelling for business this hotel also has FREE wifi - yes its FREE in your room and all through the hotel!

I had a nice experience and would recommend the hotel for a business traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - the view is great.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

As a frequent buisness traveller, after a long day at work followed by a commute by air, all I wanted was some dinner. When told I would have to wait for an hour for room service I accepted this. However, I waited two hours and then was called to be told that they forgot about me and asked if I still wanted to eat???

Needless to say I went to bed hungry. Then in the morning when asked if I had any mini bar, my response was that I had to eat the chips because my room service never came. The staff member looked at me, said sorry and made me pay for the chips! What terrible customer service.

3 Thank Juicepusher
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

We were able to book in early as our room was available,which was great , at no extra charge. Had lunch in restaurant , was good value ,so booked for dinner at 600 pm as we were there for riverfire , we were seated at our table , there was only one waiter on, he was also taking room service orders, we were not given a menu or offered a drink , left sitting with no service for 10 minutes , we got up and left , at which time two more staff had arrived ,they did not even notice us leaving , we watched fireworks hungry and headed back to hotel at 0830pm , and asked if we could now have a meal , were informed the dining room was now closing , asked for room service and were informed it would be at least 11/2 hours wait . Went to bed , hungry . We voiced our disappointment on departure and customer service person listened attentively and apologized for the lack of service and reimbursed us the cost of our lunchtime meals . Yes we would go back there , just hope dining experience improves