“My home in Brisbane”

The Point Brisbane Hotel
Ranked #5 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been staying at The Point in Brisbane over a period of 5 yrs. After a couple of hours driving the friendly welcome at the front desk guarantees my relaxation starts. Whether my visit is business or pleasure my stay at The Point is always a pleasure. An occasional upgrade on arrival has made me feel thoroughly spoilt and I've loved every minute of such luxury.
The rooms are beautifully presented regardless of what I book and staff continully go out of their way to help my stay to be a smooth and enjoyable as possible.
I would recommend The Point to anyone who is looking for that little something special.
No doubt slightly cheaper accommodation could be found if that is all you want but for quality in every area of your stay - this is hard to beat!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully presented with great views - if you want specific views of the city for ni...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DinahLM, General Manager at The Point Brisbane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Anna W,

Thank you for your remarks. We will continue to strive to provide you with the perfect guest experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dinah-Louise Marrs

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On a recent overnight stay in Brisbane for business, I was fortunate enough to stay at the Point Brisbane. I found the service to be excellent and the food of similar standard. I would recommend staying there. On my next trip to Brisbane I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DinahLM, General Manager at The Point Brisbane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Andreew H,

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights
and although arrived late we were surprised with an upgrade. The staff were friendly and the room was great, free wifi, quiet and spacious and a comfortable bed. Free parking was also an added bonus. Would stay again :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 23meadows
DinahLM, General Manager at The Point Brisbane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear 23meadows,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The service that we experienced was excellent,the service of our room was superb. If anyone travelling to Brisbane should try this hotel. The staff are helpfull & polite, nothing is a problem. We found the location very good for someone who hasn't been to Brisbane before, it's a small walk to the jetty to catch the City hoppa that will take you any where for free. The only dislike we had was the menu for main meals wasn't to our liking but I'm sure it was good as there was people in it at meal times.

Room Tip: Unfortunately the only down fall to our room was that we could hear the traffic, but I don't thi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for your input which will assist us in maintaining the high standards our guests expect. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here Feb and April 2014. Comfortable bed. Decent bathroom. Work desk with enough connections. Nothing elaborate, but functional. Very clean and fittings all in good condition. Buffet breakfast had a good selection. Free wireless. Secure car parking underneath. Dined in the restaurant two nights. Meal was good; wine list very limited and they were 'out of stock' of 3 wines I asked for. In the end had to ask waitress to tell me what they did have. Reception staff were very efficient and friendly. Wouldn't book here for a holiday stay unless I needed to be close to CBD, but OK for business stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Holidays4Evermore,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Rated as a four and a half star hotel, I feel that half a star is missing from this fantastic find. Whilst not in the heart of Brisbane, it's only a 5 min free ferry ride from the CBD and offers a sublime level of sophistication and style on a very tidy budget. We stayed for three nights to attend a wedding at Riverlife on Kangaroo Point and enjoyed it immensely. Perhaps the only difficult thing is navigating your way on foot around Kangaroo Point. The restaurant and pool areas are great, the rooms and décor stylish and free Wi-Fi that actually works to boot. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful always, but this may be put down to the fact the hotel is owned and operated by a Christian affiliated conglomerate, but I won't hold that against them...

Room Tip: Apparently a good spot to see Riverfire.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DinahLM, General Manager at The Point Brisbane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear CyalumeHorse,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The taxi driver who delivered me to the hotel said "That's where the rock stars stay" - but I didn't see any famous faces during my 5 nights stay! The river flows around both sides of the hotel and the free 'cityhopper' ferry (every 30 mins) is the easiest and most convenient way to get into the city or to southbank - much more relaxing than road travel if you aren't in a hurry. My Deluxe Studio room was clean and quiet (8th floor), I loved the full length windows, the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in, and the room service breakfast was good. Bathroom drains needed a good clean though. Staff were friendly and helpful and I enjoyed having the bed turned down for me each night. Overall, would stay again, even if there was a famous band in town!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Main St get some traffic noise in peak hour.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo