“Very comfortable but oh so noisy !!!”

Brisbane Riverview Hotel
Ranked #34 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stay here 4 nights a year at the same time each year with work. The undercover free parking is a bonus but get in early as it fills up quickly.

The location is excellent to the city and airport. Reception staff are the most friendly and helpful we have ever come across. The rooms one would consider old world charm possibly with some future updating. The views of the river and surrounding areas very pleasing to the eyes.

Internet access too costly. Better off using your own. Housekeeping need to pick up their act as the bathroom was only partially cleaned each day during our stay.

Breakfast was very tasty and plentiful and good selection on the menu. For fitness fanatics like myself, the pathway along the river is excellent for jogging/walking.

One negative but not really a biggie is the elevators in a morning. House keeping have one locked and leaves only one for guests trying to get down to reception. Can be a painful wait if you are in a hurry.

Overall we enjoy our stays here and look forward to next year's stay.

Room Tip: Get a river-view room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank WE_R_OFF_and_RACING
BrisbaneRiverview, General Manager at Brisbane Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2012

Thankyou for your review and I am glad you enjoy your stay with us each year. The hotel is currently planning a refurbishment and we hope to commence in the next few months with an upgrade to our internet being part of it.
I have also followed up your comments on our housekeeping and have passed them onto our Executive Housekeeper.
Once again thanks for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
KInd regards

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Had a 10 day stay here for work.

As already mentioned, the decor is of the olde worlde style. Not a big deal, except the dark colours made my room feel rather claustrophobic. Other rooms with more of an open plan design were much lighter.

It's situated on a busy road and location is a compromise between city and airport access. Good position if you want an easy transit to both. Also convenient to the Valley, river and other restaurants/cafes.

I stayed on about the 6th floor and never noticed any traffic noise, but I am a heavy sleeper.

I submitted my details for their in-house loyalty program, and in spite of qualifying for a reward, never heard from them.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DocFreeman

Thankyou for your feedback and I am gald you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is currently in the planning stages of a complete refurbishment and we hope to commence in the next few months.
In regards to our viewpoints program if you can email your details to sales.rv@viewhotels.com.au we will followup and ensure your points are rewarded. I am unsure of why the delay occured and can only apologise.
Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2012

The hotel claims a 4.5 star rating but is let down by the very dated decor. In the first room we were given the sofa bed was broken such that its end sloped to the floor quite badly. The second room was right next to the lifts which operate all night, banging through the room as they moved up and down. A shame really as otherwise the level of soundproofing is very good. The rooms themselves are quite large but so very very dated that although clean give the impression of being less. The sofa bed was very hard and certainly not suitable for an adult (ok for a child) but the 'main' bed was comfortable. There were quite a few minor hazards in the room with fingers trapped in the drawers and bits of body bruised by pertruding hadles etc., which would be worth concidering when refrurbishment takes places.

On the plus side the parking is good and the staff efficient if sometimes, some were a bit impersonal. The food prices are high for the quality of the hotel especially the breakfast in the room option.

Al in all I would stay again, but only if the room was well away from the lifts, but not for much longer, without improvements taking place, as competition in the area offers similar standars at more cometative rates.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jjphg
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I spent one Saturday night at this hotel as my employer had scheduled a conference there.

The service level from the staff was high and the breakfast was excellent. I appreciated the free underground parking and the surprisingly good river view from my first floor room. The hotel is on a busy road but there was no traffic noise at all in my room.

The room itself however was quite a letdown, it was very large with a sofa in front of an LCD TV but the decor harks back to the early 1980's! I am sure it was all very grand back then but now it really needs some modern carpeting, furniture and drapes. It really seemed quite gloomy in the room, not bright and airly like modern hotel rooms!

With a refurbishment this hotel would live up to it's 4.5 star rating easily but at the moment there are more modern alternatives available in Brisbane for the same price or less.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank billichka
BrisbaneRiverview, General Manager at Brisbane Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thankyou for your review of the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed our service and breakfast. The hotel is about to a commence a full refurbishment and the intial designs have now been completed. We are hoping to commence very soon with a view to completion in early 2013.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Husband and I enjoyed a night in Brisbane before leaving first thing to Brisbane International Airport. Motel is close to airport and check in and check out was fast, efficient and first class. We dined at the motel restaurant that evening and could not fault service, food and presentation which was first class and a lovely experience. The room is perfect, large and inviting but the bathroom let down the first class room. Bathroom was dated and a little mouldy around bath. We did not enjoy our room being so close to the lifts and could hear the traffic but the lovely big room minimised this inconconveience. Would certainly recommend if travel to/from airport is on your agenda.

Room Tip: Would certainly recommend room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Upon arrival the staff were friendly and very helpful. The first impression of the room was the size, which included a lounge and table with chairs. The bathroom was slightly older but clean, however the toilet seat was already up. In the cupboard was someone else's pair of pants obviously the last guests. The bed was comfortable however the shower in the morning appeared to have a water saving device attached which affected the water flow. I had a drink from the minibar which appeared to be watered down. Upon checkout the staff were fantastic once again and upon the manager over hearing my comments about the room, I observed him immediately call house keeping to disuss these issues and record his disappointment. It was good to see hotel staff recognise issues which should not have occurred.I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank craigv01
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have been staying at this property since it was first opened many years ago (20+?).. it has always been a nice place to stay. Recently I stayed on business for the first time in many years. Although the decor and bathroom definitely are showing signs of age, the whole feeling was of comfort. Plush drapery, thick carpet, soft and generous bedding etc. all add up to a nice room experience. I started to question the cold, modern, stark hotels rooms I usually stay in. The service was friendly and professional and I enjoyed the location (jogging along the river early morning was great). I will be back soon. My only quibble was the buffet breakfast experience, too confusing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business