“A good value for budget accomodation”

Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments
Ranked #103 of 136 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at the lodge for 5 days while in Brisbane. The location is convenient, close to the South Bank Parklands and the Gabba cricket field. It is a budget accommodation so do not expect perfection. The street is busy in the day. The rooms are comfortable but dated.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments

Reviewed 23 February 2013

The worst place I have ever stayed in any country! The room was dirty and smelled terrible when we entered, the furniture was chipped and not maintained, there were marks all over the walls, spiders and cockroaches in the shower, black marks on the toilet, no screens on the windows which I had to open to try and get ride of the smell. There was long black hair all over the main bed and stains on the bedding on all three beds. Everything was covered in dust and cockroaches crawling around everywhere.

I went to reception and informed the receptionist that our room was dirty he checked a log and said the room had been cleaned, he said the cleaner had gone home for the day and he could offer me new sheets (to change myself) I asked if the cleaner could come through the next day (we were staying for 5 days and they don't clean your room if your staying for this amount of days) he said yes.

I decided I wanted to check out and asked about the refund policy he informed me we could get out money back except for two days because we had to give 24 hours notice. He then called later and informed me because we booked through wotif we had to go through them, I called and they informed me they needed permission from the manager of the hotel for us to get a refund, they called and the receptionist told them he wasn't the manager and couldn't not authorise this. I went to reception asking to speak to the manager I was informed the manager is not contactable on weekends and I would have to wait till Monday and all they could do was send him a txt or email. I asked if he could be contacted earlier as I was going to check out on the Sunday and if the manger said we couldn't have a refund then we would only find out after we have checked out and lose all our money, they said there was nothing they could do.

Also the small fire alert boxes which you smash the glass if a fire breaks out had a scrap piece of paper on it stating it was out of order and to call 000. This was rather alarming..

The next day no one came to clean our room like they said they would I could tell because there were still dead bugs on the floor in the shower. The traffic was very loud and you could hear everything going on upstairs. WORST stay ever!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The apartment we stayed in was good. It's a bit noisy in the morning with all the traffic on the main roads. If we had had one of the apartments towards the back of the property it wouldn't have been so noisy. Pools were great and clean. The location is what this the place has going for it. We walked down to the ferry to catch to Brisbane and then walked home from Southbank. Shops are just down the road with Maccas and KFC just over the road. Would recommend but ask for apartment at the back of property.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Located on a busy road, traffic noise is quite intrusive, especially after about 7.00am. But that's not the only noise issue. For whatever reason, the kreepy-krawley in the swimming pool seems to be always connected in the skimmer box and with the pool located right beside the unit block that we stayed in, as soon as the pool pump cuts in (at 8.50am when we were there) the noise and vibrations resonate right through the unit.

Room Tip: Avoid unit 19.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The staff went out of their way to find accommodation for me on short notice when my baby had to stay at the Mater Hospital. With understanding staff, cheap weekly rates and being less than 10 mins away from the hospital I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank johnsam2006
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed here for a week at a cost of $750 Aussie dollars.

On arrival the staff did there job and advised us of our room, there welcoming was not as a good as we have recieved else where on our travels.

We found the room tidy, all the floors including the bedrooms and lounge were tiled.
The washings machine and dryer was situated down stairs in the car park at an additional cost.

This site is near the intersection of two of the busiest intersections in Brisbane (I have been told) the road noise both day and night is very loud. We were woken up by the noise several times during the night.

On the positive side the location was great, close to the supermarket just down the road and there were plenty of resturants and takeaways places, such as McDonalds and KFC.
About a 2km walk to the river and on the boat over to the CBD.

Would I stay here again my answer is no. I need a good nights sleep

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs to reduce road noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I'll start by saying this is a 3 star hotel at best.

The shower struck me; there was no soap holder! Plus it was tiny. With all the noise from the road and loud neighbors, this was a totally unpleasant hotel to stay at.

I will not be back.