“Always a warm reception!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane

Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
Ranked #48 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Iluka, Australia
“Always a warm reception!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We always come back. Perfect accommodation, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed & pillows (a big plus), value for money. Great staff. We always ask for a quiet room away from lifts & are always accommodated. See you on Saturday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tgcy, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Christine M,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read about your recent stay that sounds like it is something you find consistency with. My team were especially pleased by the comments you made regarding them and the hotel so thank you for this recognition, it is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Garden City on Saturday and in the near future.

Travelodge Garden City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
The Entrance, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights so we could attend a family gathering and both nights were awful for different reasons. We checked in and made our way up to our room...a little drab, but probably expected given the price and location with very little opposition to keep people on their toes. The little things that usually make a difference weren't there and the behaviour of other guests made things go from bad to woeful.

Body fluid stains on mattress protectors could be seen thanks to the paper thin top sheet and pillows that were also flat and uninviting. The morning shower became somewhat problematic with empty courtesy bottles of shampoo and conditioner that were not replenished when the room was made up after the first night of our stay. The water pressure of the shower was also very poor to the point where it was unacceptable.

The first night we stayed we found ourselves in the middle of a shouting match involving about four rooms of people that knew each other. They spent half the night running up and down the corridors knocking on each other's doors and talking loudly to each other across rooms until we interrupted and asked them to be quiet. As it turned out...this was mild compared to our second night...when we were surrounded by a touring group of female school children that were ten times worse than the antics of the night before. No discipline, no rules...shouting, screaming, laughing, knocking on doors.

Whilst some of these issues are not entirely the fault of the establishment, the responsibility for who gets what rooms is...and this is where most of the issues lie. I would say that they would have been at less than 50% capacity the nights that we stayed...and spreading people out a little more may improve the overall situation that we encountered.

I am happy to go on record by saying that my wife and I will NEVER stay here again...EVER.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Stressman101

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that our normal high standard of housekeeping was poor on this occasion and for this I sincerely apologise.

I have addressed the mattress protector with the housekeeping team, however, your comments regarding the pillows is a little surprising as they are brand new and feather down, maintenance has checked the water pressure, so please if you could offer more information it would assist me further to avoid a reoccurrence.

Unfortunately as the hotel was full on your day of arrival, I acknowledge a room move would not have been possible, however by contacting our 24 hour reception team, we would have been more than happy to speak to the guests concerned and offered/organised a room move for the following day. The hotel at all times tries to allocate with the needs of all our guests, however when occupancy is full/high, this cannot always be achieved.

Stressman101, I am happy to discuss further at your convenience, should you wish to do so.

Yours sincerely
Sue Rowe
Hotel Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent stay and very helpful staff. Great furnishings and bathroom facilities, Prompt services. We asked for not to be disturbed as we didn't want to take a risk with our belongings, having gone for a marriage.
The cleaner had left clean towels for us at the room entrance-which was very thoughtful.
we are on the 3rd floor
Breakfast was great -although would have preferred vegetarian options. But exspresso coffee machine was super and cappucino tasted great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hsdesai,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Travelodge Garden City. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

I am pleased that you found our breakfast great. I appreciate your feedback on our housekeeping service and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Earlville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Close to amenities, clean, quiet, very comfortable beds and pillows and very friendly. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I travel to Brisbane.
The reception team are really friendly and helpful. Great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jennifer B,

I am pleased that you choose to stay soley with us when visiting Brisbane. I appreciate your feedback on our hotel service and amenities and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Overall a good and reasonable price with a very comfortable and good relaxing bed, I will come again, I just won't eat there breakfast again, I will inform people I stay and will again, but this question is stupid it makes keep typing I was going to delete and get out, think guys this is nuts

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Glenn P,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read that you find the hotel comfortable and well priced . My team were especially pleased by the comment you made that you will be returning so thank you for this patronage, it is much appreciated.

I have passed on your feedback to management regarding the breakfast service and the problems you experienced with the feedback process to ensure that this is resolved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Garden City in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a very clean hotel, located about 30 to 40 mins outside the heart of the Brisbane City Centre, and from the airport.

I stayed here for a Conference in May, and was not disappointed with the hotel premises itself.

However, there is not much within the area to do if you don't have a car to commute with.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear SydneyAngel_83,

I am pleased that you found our hotel very clean. We are located on a major busway that operates regular bus services to and from the Brisbane CBD for an easy transit around the city and suburbs.

Bentleigh East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Comfortable & clean, but missed having access to emails, etc. Breakfast vouchers for only one person in the room was very poor and an extra charge of $16 wasn't really worth paying because the breakfast wasn't that great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Christian E H,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were glad to read about how you found the hotel clean and comfortable.

I have passed on your feedback to regarding the breakfast and the special in which you purchased to management to ensure any possible resolution could be attained in the future.