“Excellent accommodation!”

Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
Ranked #47 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Fantastic room, great kitchenette and bathroom, very clean and comfortable, great bed and pillows, very friendly staff. Great cooked and continental choices for breakfast and well priced..only criticism is that the cooked breakfast items could have been hotter. Will definitely stay here again! Good value for money!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
tgcy, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Nicki B,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read about your recent stay. My team were especially pleased by the comments you made regarding the fantastic room, great kitchenette and bathroom. We are pleased you found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable, with great bed and pillows, very friendly staff so thank you for this recognition, it is much appreciated.

I have passed on your feedback regarding your breakfast comments to ensure that any further matters may be attended to.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Garden City in the near future.

Many thanks,

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We travelled interstate to attend funeral of a much loved friend staying two nights. Hotel facilities and room excellent but rest and sleep totally spoilt by a very large and noisy Chinese? group who had no control of their children running up and down corridors and they (adults included) made no effort to speak quietly when passing bedroom doors regardless of the hour. It all started up again just after 5 a.m. On arrival the Receptionist had to ask the Group to be quiet when we were booking in as she couldn't hear us!! The hotel however did nothing to control the situation thereafter which was not good enough. When we complained on checkout (having previously complained about the noise of course during our stay) we were offered the price of one breakfast off our account!

1  Thank Julia C

Dear Julia C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback on your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and, where necessary, improve upon service levels for our valued guests.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations and was disappointed to learn that you found fellow patrons to be non-abiding to basis courtesies expected of them . I understand our staff did speak to the group involved several times and am disappointed to hear that they continued to offend. We have also passed on your feedback regarding the matter to the parties involved, however I do acknowledge and apologise that the matter was unfortunately not rectified in a more timely manner.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your stay and I hope we would have another opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Garden City in the future.

Kelli Buick,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Excellent location close to shops and main roads. Comfortable rooms, friendly and welcoming staff. Breakfast was fresh and well cooked with a good selection of items to start the day. Highly recommend.

1  Thank lararuss_13
tgcy, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Lararuss_13,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Travelodge Garden City. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

I am pleased that you found our hotel comfortable, friendly and the staff welcoming. I appreciate your feedback on our Breakfast options and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We always come back. Perfect accommodation, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed & pillows (a big plus), value for money. Great staff. We always ask for a quiet room away from lifts & are always accommodated. See you on Saturday!

Dear Christine M,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read about your recent stay that sounds like it is something you find consistency with. My team were especially pleased by the comments you made regarding them and the hotel so thank you for this recognition, it is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Garden City on Saturday and in the near future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights so we could attend a family gathering and both nights were awful for different reasons. We checked in and made our way up to our room...a little drab, but probably expected given the price and location with very little opposition to keep people on their toes. The little things that usually make a difference weren't there and the behaviour of other guests made things go from bad to woeful.

Body fluid stains on mattress protectors could be seen thanks to the paper thin top sheet and pillows that were also flat and uninviting. The morning shower became somewhat problematic with empty courtesy bottles of shampoo and conditioner that were not replenished when the room was made up after the first night of our stay. The water pressure of the shower was also very poor to the point where it was unacceptable.

The first night we stayed we found ourselves in the middle of a shouting match involving about four rooms of people that knew each other. They spent half the night running up and down the corridors knocking on each other's doors and talking loudly to each other across rooms until we interrupted and asked them to be quiet. As it turned out...this was mild compared to our second night...when we were surrounded by a touring group of female school children that were ten times worse than the antics of the night before. No discipline, no rules...shouting, screaming, laughing, knocking on doors.

Whilst some of these issues are not entirely the fault of the establishment, the responsibility for who gets what rooms is...and this is where most of the issues lie. I would say that they would have been at less than 50% capacity the nights that we stayed...and spreading people out a little more may improve the overall situation that we encountered.

I am happy to go on record by saying that my wife and I will NEVER stay here again...EVER.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Stressman101

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that our normal high standard of housekeeping was poor on this occasion and for this I sincerely apologise.

I have addressed the mattress protector with the housekeeping team, however, your comments regarding the pillows is a little surprising as they are brand new and feather down, maintenance has checked the water pressure, so please if you could offer more information it would assist me further to avoid a reoccurrence.

Unfortunately as the hotel was full on your day of arrival, I acknowledge a room move would not have been possible, however by contacting our 24 hour reception team, we would have been more than happy to speak to the guests concerned and offered/organised a room move for the following day. The hotel at all times tries to allocate with the needs of all our guests, however when occupancy is full/high, this cannot always be achieved.

Stressman101, I am happy to discuss further at your convenience, should you wish to do so.

Yours sincerely
Sue Rowe
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent stay and very helpful staff. Great furnishings and bathroom facilities, Prompt services. We asked for not to be disturbed as we didn't want to take a risk with our belongings, having gone for a marriage.
The cleaner had left clean towels for us at the room entrance-which was very thoughtful.
we are on the 3rd floor
Breakfast was great -although would have preferred vegetarian options. But exspresso coffee machine was super and cappucino tasted great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hsdesai,

I am pleased that you found our breakfast great. I appreciate your feedback on our housekeeping service and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Close to amenities, clean, quiet, very comfortable beds and pillows and very friendly. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I travel to Brisbane.
The reception team are really friendly and helpful. Great!

Dear Jennifer B,

I am pleased that you choose to stay soley with us when visiting Brisbane. I appreciate your feedback on our hotel service and amenities and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.