“Long stay happy customer”

Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport
Ranked #90 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Long stay happy customer”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I had to recently stay at the Comfort Inn - Northgate for 2+months. I was fortunate to have a self contained suite at the back of the building. The staff were incredibly accomodating and friendly. The room was kept immaculately and I highly recommend this hotel. Also the free washing machine and dryer was a bonus as opposed to the usual $5 load/dry at most other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Manager-Northgate, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Hello Donna D.

Thank you for taking the time to report on your stay. Even though we are a 4* property we do try to welcome our guests in a friendly, (family type) manner. When you are here for a longer stay this is probably even more important.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review us

kind regardsw
Marg Murphy
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Port Elliot, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I had taken on board how noisey it was but as it was a business trip had no choice of the hotel during my stay
I did email the hotel and request a quiet room but they did not respond to my request
When other advisors mention how noisy please believe them, the hotel is right on the main road and it's none stop and as the hotel is at the traffic lights it's like the start of a race adding to the experience
I had a first story room and when a lorry or large truck went past the room would actually shake
Continental breakfast is simple and costs $15 and the hotel also simple but clean with friendly staff

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Manager-Northgate, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Good afternon Simon 0101,

We do appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay.
As with most motels we are on a busy road. It is for the convenience of guests and for this reason we have double glazed the rooms. We have found if the doors are not closed properly the noise is very bad.
We will now try to make sure someone inspects each room to ensure these doors are closed properly. This aleviates most of the noise. I'm sorry no one replied to your email. We do our utomost to reply to all emails en ensure guests receive the attention they deserve.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review

regards
Marg Murphy
Rockhampton
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Second time staying here. First time was a few years ago as our team needed to be close to Brisbane entertainment centre. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful room (228) all ground level. It was presented lovely with a full kitchen, lounge area and 2 bedrooms and it was very well appointed. Our apartment was the hub of all our teams activity as it had the most room for people to meet before and after our games. Second trip (October 2012) myself and 3 girlfriends stayed in 2bed1bath apartment (237)(Bedrooms upstairs/ Kitchen and small lounge downstairs.. Apartment was clean and mostly comfortable (lounge room couch quite hard) We were attending a concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and wanted something relatively close (not much accommodation in Boondall area) Taxi fare roundtrip came to approx $50 which we were happy with. Beds were extremely comfy after our big night out. Did not hear the traffic at all. Would stay there again for overnighters but would request Room 228 or 229 as they seem to be the pick of the rooms. Rates for room seemed reasonable when you are sharing with 3 friends...!

Room Tip: Rooms 228 & 229 are my choice to stay in out of the rooms I have seen.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Hello Been to worse

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay. We are always very happy to welcome repeat guests.

We do have the different types of apartments. 228 and 229 that you have mentioned are a little larger and also have a laundry which is an advantage for teams. The townhouse style do appear a little smaller as they have the stair case taking up some room. A lot of guest do like these as they feel they they have privacy and separation between downstairs and upstairs. Wew also have a 3 bedroom apartment which is huge. This apartment also has 2 bathrooms as well as a toilet downstairs.

We would love to welcome you back again and if you just mention that you prefer the lowset units we will certainly allocate that to you if they are available.

Once again that you for taking the time to give us your feed back

kind regards
Marg
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for work, from Sun afternoon through Thursday morning. Definitely convenient to the airport (10 min - or a $20 taxi ride). It was clean and comfortable. Not sure about the price - I wasn't paying and was booked by our Brisbane office. I wouldn't recommend for longer stays (more than one night) there is not much in the area. I wound up taking taxis to go out to dinner or get to a gym. Would stay again for quick trip as close to office and airport, but really boring area if staying longer. Was a 30-40 min walk to closest mall (Centra). $20 cab ride to get to the Westfield Chermside.
Breakfast was fine - fresh and clean, nothing spectacular for the price (did buffet most days, ordered hot eggs one day). Had room service dinner one night - good. Take away hot chocolate another night - awful! Cold and watery. I can't believe I paid $4 for that!
Staff was ok, nothing fantastic. I had to carry my own bag to my room and hump it up the stairs. Didn't seem particularly knowledgeable about local area.
The pool is not heated (really cold!) and very small - didn't get much sun, not a place you would want to lay in the sun. No gym/fitness centre that I'm aware of.
I had a room on the street side, upstairs. Was a bit noisy, but didn't wake me up. Double glazing helped. Upstairs rooms are nice - feels a bit more secluded and private.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Manager-Northgate, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Kiwi&yank

I do appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We do have mainly a Corporate clientelle, due to the fact that we are in a commercial area so the local facilities are about 2-3 klms away. We do have a wonderful restaurant and I am pleased you enjoyed your meal. Please accept my apologies for your cold Hot Chocolate. Please let us know if there is something no up to standard so we can do our utmost to fix the problem while you are still with us. On your next visit, just let me know who you are and I willl personally make you one of my special Hot Chocolates (on the house of course).
kind regards
Marg,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Rooms were clean with plenty of room and the staff very polite and friendly. The only problem was the noises traffic all night especially in the morning. I asked for a quiet room backing onto the quieter street but still noises. If you can handle that very good for an overnight stay

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Perth
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed for one night to be close to the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable though rather noisy being beside a busy road. The double glazing helped a little. Excellent restaurant and the baramundi is the best we have ever had. The restaurant staff were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean B
Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I don't recommend this hotel. We stayed here to be close to the airport. We paid around $200 a night. The location may be closer to the airport than some other hotels but there really isn't much around. There is a gas station across the street that had snacks but in the evening it was window service only. There is a small cafe in the hotel. Food was OK. The room rented smelled like sewage when I opened the bathroom door. The smell did not go away even though i tried to air it out.

The carpet had a melted impression of a iron. The breakfast was extra and not included with the room like many Comfor inns and Suites.

We had seen that it had airport transportation so I thought I could get picked up at the airport when we arrived on a domestic flight. There was no transportation from the airport ( I must have missed this on the web site. The transportation was only to the airport. I tried to call the hotel from the airport and no one answered the phone. I tried 5 times from a pay phone with no response. So we finally took a taxi. I think the taxi was less than $30. I could have saved some time if they would have answered the phone.

The pickup to the airport was in an old van with a trailer that was not specific to this hotel. It did the job but was really mangy.

I have stayed many places and would put this very low on the list. I can't believe they are charging $200 a night. I have stayed on beach resorts for cheaper than this. This is an $85/ night or cheaper hotel at best.

Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family