“Courteous and attentive service amongst the best in Australia”

Brisbane International - Virginia
Ranked #35 of 158 Hotels in Brisbane
Canberra, Australia
“Courteous and attentive service amongst the best in Australia”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip in November 2013 and was very impressed by the courteous and attentive service of the reception and restaurant staff. Not only were all staff polite, well-spoken and helpful, but they were also pre-emptive in recognising travellers' needs. I have stayed at many hotels and motels around Australia, but the service at this hotel is amongst the best in the country as far as my experience goes. The rooms were clean and recently refurbished, and the rates reasonable. I recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to stay on the northside of Brisbane.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear RHCanberra

Thank you for your recommendation, we take great pride in looking after all of our guests but we particularly like to make our corporate travellers feel like they’re at their home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Glenn Barnes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Goroka, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I were very graciously cared for in the Brisbane International - Virigina! Your service and help at the front desk was excellent and most gracious. Our room was wonderful. Our two meals in the Rocklilly were delicious, excellent and service was wonderful. Thank you! We have recommended to others to stay in the Brisbane Int'l - Virginia and will continue to do so. Thank you!

Dear MMLa2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Brisbane International Virginia and for recommending us to others, we appreciate your kind words.

I am so glad that you had the time to dine at Rocklily and I would recommend that you return soon to sample our Executive Chef Ashleigh’s new menu and winter specials, they are mouth-wateringly delicious.

Taree, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Booked a room a week prior arrival with the request that I would like a walk in shower and not an over bath shower because of certain mobility issues, no problem I was told.
Upon checking in we were given the handicap room, which is OK as it has a walk in shower, upon inspection the bathroom had no door, seems it had been removed, rooms adjacent to ours appear to be in the process of being refurbished.
I contacted reception and a young lady arrived who told my wife and I that the room had no door "because of health and safety issues", what a lot of nonsense.......to be told such garbage after driving in the rain for 7.5 hours did not go down well, my reply was "find a door or find us another room".
15 minutes later a door arrived and was screwed on with the comment "we took the door off to cater for some large Kiwi disabled footballers whose wheel chairs were larger than normal and they wouldn't fit through with the door on.....now why didn't that woman from reception say that to begin with rather than try to insult my intelligence?
We stayed one night and had dinner and breakfast the next morning, dinner was good and staff were excellent.
We checked out and my wife paid the account, later that afternoon I looked at the account and noticed that we had been overcharged for the breakfasts, I sent an email to the hotel advising of the error and requesting they credit the overcharge, 24 hours later I still have not had a response.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi Tony B

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I am personally disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We ensure our staff always, where possible, allocate an appropriate room for our guests needs and in this case we believed that we were doing this in good faith.

The room you were allocated is for use by physically impaired guests and we had had the doors removed into the bathroom due to a group with larger than normal wheelchairs that stayed shortly before your arrival. Again this is part of the service we offer our guests to make their stay as easy and hassle free as possible. I apologise that this door had not been replaced. The information you were given initially was correct, the doors were removed for OH&S reasons due to the size and type of chairs the guests were using. We value our guests privacy and therefore some information is not always able to be shared.

As soon as we realised that you did in fact require a door it was refitted. We were certainly never trying to insult your intelligence.

A breakfast charge was placed on your bill in error and was rectified as soon as it was discovered which was just after your departure from our reception area upon check out. I apologise that your email was unanswered but I have personally been back through our emails from the date of your checkout and it was unfortunately never received, however I am aware that you have been phoned and apologised to personally by our Guest Services Manager regarding the issues stated in your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals in Rocklily and that our staff were excellent and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Wingham, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our stay was first class, the facilities were excellent, the price reasonable, the staff were extremely
helpful and understanding. I had a fall exiting a taxi and when my wife tried to held me up she fell face first into a rock garden two staff members came to assistance and helped us into our room and attended to my wife's injuries. We left a day early, and the hotel refunded our money for that day. Both my wife and I would sincerely like to thank each and every staff member at the hotel for their care and understanding. When we visit Brisbane again we will only ever be staying at the Brisbane International - Virginia.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Steve

There is no need to thank us, we were more than happy to help and we’re just glad that both you and your wife are okay.

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our facilities and price and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were booked in for a work conference, I booked in a night before and was placed in a room were we were able to continue the rest of our stay. The customer service was fantastic and they went out of their way to provide a hassle free stay. The room was clean and comfortable with comfortable bed. The restaurant was advised of my diet request prior to our work conference however had not prepared for me both for dinner and next day lunch. However once staff was notified they were very helpful and prepared a special meal for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hi 2013barbar

Thank you for taking the time to review Brisbane International Virginia on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback.

I would like to apologise for the oversight regarding your dietary requirements, we always try where possible to be accommodating of differing needs so I am pleased that our staff were able to assist you and ensure that you were provided with a suitable meal.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps to attend another conference or the next time you travel to Brisbane.

Urunga, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went to Brissy after a long time and really enjoyed it, and this accommodation made me feel very welcome. Room was very clean, tidy with very comfy bed. Had a meal in the restaurant, and it was really good, so thumbs up will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi Tony,

What a great review, thank you so much and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

Can’t wait to welcome you back.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel & I have found it good both times. Very clean & comfortable. Minor but noticeable was the toilet door was pretty damaged around the edge. It didn't affect my stay at all & I would recommend the hotel but it was just an observation. The restaurant was good - service & food very good.

Hi Mark

Thank you for taking the time to review Brisbane International Virginia. We are always appreciative of returning guests and I’m glad that your 2 stays have been comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glenn Barnes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Brisbane International - Windsor
#21 of 158 in Brisbane
The Point Brisbane Hotel
The Point Brisbane Hotel
#8 of 158 in Brisbane

Been to Brisbane International - Virginia? Share your experiences!