“Always Great”

Brisbane International - Virginia
Ranked #46 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular customer and I have never had any problems with this motel. Staff are always friendly, rooms clean and food is great. My only negative is the room service menu could use an update as the same options have been on there for quite some time and offer some kids meals on there too.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Joanie82
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Hi Joanie

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and our staff. It is always wonderful to welcome back our regular guests. I appreciate your feedback regarding the room service menus and I have passed these comments on to our food and beverage team so we’ll see what we can come up with.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The best location for attending events at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Less than 5 minutes away. Room was perfect for getting ready for a performance. There is a seat at the bathroom mirror which was very handy. Also loved the full length mirror.

Saturday staff member not friendly at all. In fact she seemed bothered by needing to help me. Sunday staff member was lovely and very helpful. I guess it depends who you get on the day!!!!!

Great location to food and Zarraffas.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the great review and I could not agree with you more – we are the best location for attending events at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and I hope that you enjoyed the show!!

I am disappointed to read your comment regarding our staff member on the Saturday and I have shared this feedback with all our staff to ensure that this is not a problem for anyone in the future, we really pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming staff and I am surprised that this was not the case for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and don’t forget we have great takeaway coffee on site – no need to go anywhere else!!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel has a lovely tropical feel to it when you drive in. The check in staff could not be more helpful.

The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and it's only about 15 minutes to the airport making it a great option for early departures and late arrivals. The restaurant had a lovely dining room and the staff were great but the food was only average.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hi Eva R

Thank you for taking the time to review Brisbane International Virginia on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you found our rooms to be clean, comfortable and convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Villa was great for the 6 of us. 4 adults & 2 kids. Good sized bedrooms. One of the rooms was big enough for a queen a single bed & also the cot. Very quiet & comfortable. Staff were all great to deal with. Great breakfast supplied in the restaurant. Not far from the airport either.

Room Tip: Villa for large family. Quiet & good sized
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Mike

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your opinions on Tripadvisor.

As you’ve indicated our villas are perfect for families or travelling groups and I’m thrilled that our staff have once again lived up to their great reputation

I hope that we see you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Room was spacious bed was comfortable and plenty of soft fluffy pillows to enhance a good night sleep. Staff are all friendly and warm, this is the reason I would return. Room was not easy to find on arrival and might be good if staff could spend 2 min to walk the short distance to guild in the right direction. After going in circle a couple of times I saw a groundsmen and asked he walked with me to get me on the right track. All staff have high customer service and it's easy to feel like family here. We had training in the Royal function room and I found this was not the best, the attendant where friendly was noisy and the door to the kitchen was open when the while coming and going, the noise was disruptive to the meeting.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Hi 2013barbar

Welcome back – we always enjoy seeing familiar faces around the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback especially regarding finding your room and the noise disruption during your training session, I have certainly noted your comments and raised them with our team so that we can avoid these issues in the future where possible.

However I am so glad that you find our staff to be helpful and friendly, as I’ve said before many times they are the backbone of our business – they will be thrilled to see your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

After a long flight from the UK, we stopped over at the motel. We were warmly greeted at reception, talked through everything (even though I had no idea what time it was or even what day it was!!)

The room was wonderful. Warm (as it's winter currently and cold at night), and the bed was super comfy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hi Ian

What a great review – thank you very much!!

I’m so glad we could provide you with some comfort during your stop over in Brisbane and we hope to see you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The only reason I can see to stay here is you want to or need to stay in this location for practical reasons.
There's absolutely nothing special about the rooms, facilities and overall experience. The check experience was long and cumbersome because my details had not been entered into the computer, I had to stand around and watch as all the details from my booking were entered and the system up dated.
The rooms are old fashioned and need a total face lift, there is nothing modern and refreshing about them at all. Frankly for the cost of the room they should be a lot better presented.
I didn't dine at the hotel because there is so much choice in the immediate area.
There's nothing really wrong with the place but I will look for something which is more modern and up to date and offering better value for money.
Just an average forgettable place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrian v
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Buzzwald

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate feedback from all of our guests as it helps us to maintain and improve our products and services.