When I book hostels, I look for 4 things: good location, cheap rates, clean and safe. If those are your criteria as well, this place fits the mold. However, do not expect anything above and behind this...
- good prices
- nice covered, outdoor deck
- very clean
- felt safe
- good location
- unhelpful staff (a little shocking coming from 3 other Australian hostels that were so friendly! Examples: wouldn't help us make a local phone call, no help with the bus schedule (told us to search it on the Internet which was not the best at this place anyway), told us that "hospitality" isn't their thing)
- wifi was $5/1 day, $7/2 days, $20/week and often times doesn't work (no reception in our room, for example)
- no safes in rooms for storing valuables
- no alcohol allowed (they sell their own)
- $2 to rent a towel
Overall recommendation: I would not recommend this hostel and would only stay here again if everything else was booked.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Banana Bender Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.