“GREAT HOTEL!”

Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“GREAT HOTEL!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I recently planned a night away for my wife's Birthday. We booked the Deluxe King Suite and the room had the most incredible views of the River and City. Check in was no problem, quick and easy and the staff were professional and friendly. Shortly after arriving in our room we had a knock on the door and a big plate of chocolate dipped strawberries were delivered!! We had dinner at Bacchus and WOW, it was AMAZING!

Overall we had a fantastic night and the staff made my wife's Birthday extra special.

I don't often write reviews but our night was so good I wanted to share :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
JoelGordon_SouthBank, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear robnlex,

Thank you for your wonderful review and comments surrounding your stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It was excellent to read that you found the hotel both friendly and professional, whilst being able to help celebrate your wife's birthday.

Bacchus Restaurant is unique in both ambiance and service, and it gives me great pleasure to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy this experience on such a special occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here after a wedding. Great location, rooms were nice however we left disappointed due to the cafe in the hotel called cbd. We went down for a morning coffee/tea and waited about 15 mins to receive our drinks, which was fine as they were busy. When our drinks came mine had no milk and the rim of my husbands cup was covered in lipstick. He requested another one, so we waited again, the staff looked embarrassed but not apologetic. Overall soured our experience. Would stay again but not eat there.

• Stayed June 2013
JoelGordon_SouthBank, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Pennyk87,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It is disappointing to read that your overall stay was so heavily impacted by your experience in the CBD Cafe.

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the issues raised, as this lackadaisical attitude is not a true representation of the service in which the hotel prides itself.

I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Such a comfortable stay, new beds, decor all refreshed , room service was excellent, love that you can order breakfast when you wake up and you can order individual dishes, I asked for a room with a view and was given a room with a fabulous view , the staff were so friendly and kind , ESP the valet parking and reception and room service. Very clean, great position, the priority rewards card is well worth getting gives you quite a few discounts Access to the convention centre could be easier those steps are a killer , very steep, pity there was no lift access , I want to take the bed home with me it's so fabulous !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view as the view is spectacular
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Scott W, Senior Duty Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Dear Toni H,

Thank you for your fabulous feedback in relation to your recent stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

As you have mentioned the beds within the hotel are new and they have been providing a blissful nights sleep for all. If you were interested, you can go onto the Rydges website where you are able to purchase one of these beds.

It is extremely pleasing to read your kind words regarding our staff, they are much appreciated and will be passed on.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Scott Wright
Senior Duty Manager
Izegem, België
Reviewed 14 June 2013

nice hotel, excellent breakfast. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly.
Valet parking is expensive but all other car parks in Brisbane are also expensive.
Its location on the south bank is ideal. many different restaurants and bars.
Brisbane city center is 10 min walk, but during this walk you will have a nice view of the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank toke123
Scott W, Senior Duty Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear toke 123,

Thank you for the excellent comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It is great to see you have enjoyed your experience at the buffet breakfast in Bacchus which provides a fantastic selection of hot and cold items. It’s pleasing to read you have found the hotel staff to be friendly.

Like most inner cities, parking prices are high, however we are extremely competitive compared to others over the river.

The South Bank Precinct provides a great selection of entertainment, activities and restaurants and we are very fortunate to be in the heart of it.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Scott Wright
Senior Duty Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I love this hotel as you can see from my previous review but unfortunately the love affair has gone wrong. The new Bacchus bar and restaurant is now in full swing at Rydges and this is the problem. Bacchus has entertainment around it's poolside deck with the theme of Ibiza comlete with guest DJ and thumping and I mean unit thumping doof doof music. The PAYING Hotel guests situated on the lower floors have no escape from a night in Ibiza which I find an insult. It seems to me Management is more concerned with providing a hip place to mingle for locals than considering guests. I managed to take it until 9.45pm and was told it would continue until 11pm and more or less suck it up. I love a party like anyone but doof doof vibrating through not just mine but other guests rooms does not work. I am not the first to complain about this problem and I guess would not be the last. Everything else about this hotel is great so this really saddens me, I feel cheated.

2 Thank Cin46
JoelGordon_SouthBank, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear nettybrisbane,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It is very disappointing to read that we weren't able to replicate your previous stay with the positive experiences that you wrote about in your initial review.

My sincerest apologies that the music and noise level effected your stay so greatly, however this was not the intention of the hotel.

I do hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back, as this occurrence, as you have experienced and confirmed in a previous review, is a one off event for the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Rydges south bank Brisbane is a great place to go and stay it is so central to everything you want to do. The hotel staff are so helpful anything you require they will get, even without asking your room is cleaned,the bed was comfortable I felt like I was sleeping in mine at homed isn't hear any noise overall I would definitely came back here again

Room Tip: If your heading up with your girlfriend to go to scrapbooking show get a twin executive superior roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara Y
Dear Barbara Y,

Thank you for your lovely comments surrounding your stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

I am happy to read that the staff here made your stay as comfortable as possible and had the opportunity to make you feel at home.

I trust you enjoyed the scrapbook expo and the convenience of the location of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Moree, NSW
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Park the car at the door and Rydges takes care of the rest, Rydges Dream Beds are just that "Dreamy" and a major reason we always try to stay at a Rydges Hotel. We love staying at Southbank, a quick walk to Southbank Cineplex to get in a movie, bruschetta, pizza and salad downstairs at CBD Cafe Bar, limited vegetarian options on the menu but they are always so helpful we don't hesitate to ask for anything.

Room Tip: The view of Brisbane at night from a river view room is worth it if you have time to spend in the ro...
1 Thank wendywood777
JoelGordon_SouthBank, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear wendywood777,

Thank you for your wonderful comments surrounding your stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It is excellent to read that you enjoyed all facets of the hotel with particular mention of the Rydges "Dream Bed" that can actually be purchased on the Rydges website.

Your room tip is one that fellow travellers should take note of, as the view from a Queen Deluxe room is breathtaking.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.