“Excellent service”

Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Ranked #36 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at Rydges Southbank to be close to QPAC to attend the Ballet. Every aspect of our stay was excellent. The service provided from the moment we arrived was friendly and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble. The riverview room was extremely comfortable and quiet. The food at breakfast and at Bacchus for dinner was also outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Marg252,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, we strive to make every stay special and we enjoy all positive comments and pass them onto our team members.

The hotel occupies a great location within the Brisbane CBD area and as you rightly mentioned, we are only a few minutes walk to QPAC and other great entertainment and dining options in the South Bank precinct.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very enjoyable stay, staff very friendly and helpful. Only complaint, cold room service breakfast.
Close to everthing. Lots of dining choices near by. beautiful views room our 9th floor room. Will be back in June again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark G

Dear Mark G,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

We enjoy positive feedback and share this information with our team members. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the stunning views of the river and city from your room and that you were able to enjoy the multitude of dining options minutes from the hotel doors.

Please accept my apologies for the room service breakfast - we look to rectify any deviation from our standards immediately and I hope we were able to resolve this issue prior to your departure.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had a good stay at the Rydges in Southbank - Brisbane. It was booked under a friends name and when we checked in we paid for the room but were not asked whether we had guest priority reward until later we came down and provided our number. The system could not find our member number and so we left it with the desk to find and allocate accordingly. it was only on check out that we went through the process again as requested by my wife who also had to ask for the 2 complimentary drinks vouchers that has been previously provided on check-in on previous occassions. The room was clean but as we had a 13 month old with us, it would have been nice to ask at the time if we needed a room with 2 beds and so all 3 shared the queen size over the 2 days and nights stay. The bath had some scratches of the bottom of it which made it look flaky and old but was nevertheless clean. This was the only thing that was not aesthetically pleasing. Overall - a pleasant stay which could have been better with better customer service questions as to our needs as returning customers/members.

Room Tip: Ask for your number of required beds on booking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tan L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

Please accept my apologies that we were unable to find and attach your Priority Guest Rewads information to your account. I hope we were able to recitfy the issue for you and we now will have your details stored for your next stay with us.

I'm glad you found the room clean - we have recently completed renovations to our public areas and our attention has now turned to our guest rooms and suites.
Our rooms can accommodate several extra bedding options. We can provide king-size rollaway beds as well as cribs for younger children. Please inform the Front Desk should you wish to have these added to your room and they will do their utmost to ensure you are comfortable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here recently when we saw a stage show at the nearby QPAC.

From the time we checked in the staff were prompt, friendly and extremely efficient.

We had prepaid valet parking and the moment the porters collected our luggage and carried them to our room the concierge had our car whisked to the carpark.

Room service was brilliant (but you pay the expected premium price) and breakfast in the restaurant was first class.

On checkout the porters took our luggage down to the car and loaded it into the boot before bringing the vehicle up to us – all with no prompting.

All in all a great experience in a perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott W, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear dannydonald,

Thank you for the excellent feedback surrounding your stay with us at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

The hotel is located in the heart of the entertainment hub of Brisbane and ideally situated for guests wishing to attend shows at QPAC.

It was delightful to read the level of service the team has displayed throughout your stay and personally rewarding to see. Thank you for the comments relating to our Food & Beverage outlets, I will certainly pass them on to the team.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Scott Wright
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in a Deluxe Queen with River View (room 1018) on the 10th floor. The room was clean, I had a great view of the city and the location of the hotel is excellent (the hotel is in a great location if you are going to an event at QPAC). The staff were friendly and polite.

The decor in the room and the bathroom is dated and worn (the lounge and kitchenette cabinetry clearly needed upgrading). The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were firm and uncomfortable and needed replacing.

I tried room service late one night and ordered a Margarita pizza. It was delivered to my room within about 15 minutes and it was quite tasty. The pizza base was a bit burnt underneath and they forgot to add the extra topping that I had paid for, so I just made a quick phone call to room service and the bill was fixed.

The full price wifi charge is $25 for 24 hours which is very expensive. Even with the 50% discount available if you sign up for their priority guest rewards program, I still think the charge for the internet is too high for such a basic service. If you walk down the street to the cultural centre, the State Library of QLD has free wifi available 24/7 with no password required.

On check-out, I recommend having a print-out of your booking confirmation showing the room rate for each night. When I went to check-out I was told I had been undercharged by $72 and was asked to pay the extra amount, so I signed for that amount on my credit card. When I checked my booking confirmation immediately afterwards, I could see that I had not been undercharged, so the staff member apologised and fixed this error and offered to refund that amount in cash or put it back on my card. The staff member was polite, but if I hadn't checked my booking confirmation, I would have been overcharged.

Overall I would say my experience with the hotel was average.

Room Tip: Print out your booking confirmation and have this with you when checking out to ensure that you are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Given_To_Fly_1983
Zoe L, Duty Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Given_To_Fly_1983,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

We occupy a great location in the Brisbane CBD district and there are many great restaurants and entertainment destinations just outisde our doors. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the view and found our location convenient.

Our room service menu is great and we do our utmost to ensure that any deviation from our standards are rectified immediately.

I am sorry to hear that the standard of your room was not as expected. We have recently completed renovations in our public areas and now our focus will turn to our guest rooms and suites.

The hotel does charge for the use of its internet services and we hope it will not be too long before complimentary internet becomes standard. As you have indicated, joining our Priority Guest Rewards program does provide a 50% discount as well as other great benefits.

Please accept my apologies for the error at check out, I am glad that we were able to rectify the issue and your account was finalised as correct.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

via Zoe Lewis

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Another fabulous stay at this consistently good hotel. The staff are very professional and competent, the food is always good and reasonably priced. The beds are divine and so are the pillows, make sure you get a room with a view. When you are leaving the valet leaves a chilled bottle of water in your car, that's special and gives you such a good feeling about this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Toni H,

Thank you for your feedback and ongoing loyalty to Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

The staff all work hard to provide a high level of customer service to all guests and it is pleasing to read that your most recent stay was no exception.

Thank you for your comments in relation to the dining options in the hotel, as well as the hotel beds which really are fantastic to sleep in.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Zoe Lewis

Reviewed 26 February 2014

On arrival they ask for my car keys, and parked the car great I thought, until check out when they then inform me that is was $35 for parking. Yes it might have been written in places, but outside where ur car is, it was not and staff don't inform u. Trickery, not happy, it spoilt the whole experience

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear FRDJ,

Thank you for your feedback surrounding your stay at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

Like most inner city hotels, a charge for car parking does apply. Please accept my sincere apologies that this was not communicated to you. Information in relation to car parking is available through the hotel websites and it is also signed on the hotel driveway and on the tickets the valet team use.

If you do chose to stay with the hotel in the future, we often offer packages that include valet parking and if you ever have any queries regarding this, our reservations team would be more than happy to be of assistance.

I hope I can have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Zoe Lewis