“Great location”

Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Ranked #36 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

It's located in the middle of everything, such as the river, restaurants, museums, science centre, Ferris wheel, and everything is within walking distance. Room has comfortable beds. On my second night, the next room was very noisy and the staff got to it immediately. Service was great. I'll definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2014
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear St3pK4ur,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel occupies a great location within the Brisbane CBD district, close to many great entertainment areas, restaurants and boutique shops.

I am also glad to see that we were able to stop the noise that was causing discomfort to you. We take the comfort of our guests seriously and will attend to any disruptive situations as soon as they occur. It is great to see that we were able to resolve the issue promptly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our stay very much due to the excellent location. You can walk to most attractions and public transport is also easy accessible. We would have loved a room with a view on the river but got one at the back of the hotel. Room was nice and clean when we arrived but some days it was not yet cleaned when we returned after 2 pm. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast but it is exactly the same each morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the river and on the top floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear erna o,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. We all work incredibly hard to provide positive experiences for our guests.
We always try to accommodate all of our guest requests, however during busy periods we are sometimes unable to do so. Should you wish to stay in the future, our Superior and Deluxe rooms are on the Grey Street side of the hotel and possess private balconies.

The hotel occupies a great location within the Brisbane CBD district, close to many great shops, restaurants and entertainment areas. It is great to see that you were able to enjoy the sights and sounds of South Bank with ease.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel was perfectly located to attend a show at QPAC, which was the purpose of our trip to Brisbane. The room was clean, but the furnishings were tired and worn and the bathroom was rundown. The food at the hotel restaurant and the cafe was solid, but not spectacular. The service at the hotel bar was very poor - we sat at the bar for 15mins without anyone even acknowledging we were there. The best thing about the hotel is that it is conveniently located to QPAC, the convention centre and the Southbank precinct.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Angela S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

I am glad that you found the location of the hotel convenient for your plans. We occupy a great location within the Brisbane CBD precinct, close to many great shops, restaurants and entertainment areas.

Please accept my apologies for the service you received in our bar. I can assure you that our bar staff are attentive to our guest's needs and that your experience was surely an isolated incident.

I am glad to say that since our renovations to the public areas of the hotel we have now turned our attention to the guest rooms and suites in the property.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Rydges Hotel. Perfect location, so many activities to do and plenty of restaurants and cafe's to choose from. Great walk to the City, easy access to public transport. Fast check-In and even received a room upgrade. Friendly staff. Great Location. Fast check out, great service. Rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear TAMAINI,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback form your stay.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We all work very hard to make each guest feel welcome and special and I can see that we were able to have a positive impact during your time in Brisbane. I have passed your kind comments onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

cigarette buts in our courtyard, 40 minute wait for room service food, the courtyard had no view .. just a brick wall with an air duct.. the hotel provided a concierge parking service for $25.00 ? when I book a hotel for the nite I expect free parking to be included. and I don't want some person I don't know driving my car that can`t prove that he is fully insured to drive it and even has a driving licence? there are better hotels out there people, they have the location but not the class..?

Room Tip: if you are into brick walls and air conditioning vents, book room 112 you will be in prison heaven
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zola50
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear zola50,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please allow me to apologise for the cigarette butts that you found in your courtyard.
The Rydges South Bank is a 100% non-smoking property and we try to be vigilant at all times in this regard. I will pass on this information to our Housekeeping department to ensure that this does not happen again.

Please also accept my apologies for the delay in your room service. We do advise a 30 - 40 minute wait on orders; however, I hope we were able to resolve any issues you had with our service during your stay.

Our Standard Queen rooms occupy the Convention Centre side of the property and those rooms on the first floor have their own private courtyards. Should you choose to stay again, please alert the staff that you wish to be placed on a higher floor or book into one of our Superior Queen rooms which occupy the Grey Street side of the building.

Please have my assurances that all our staff are fully qualified, licenced and insured to operate guest motor vehicles whilst completing hotel business. A charge for valet parking is common in Brisbane and is communicated through our website and via signage located on the hotel driveway.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I ca not fault the Rydges Southbank - from booking to checkout all employees delivered outstanding customer service!
Really with so much accommodation options at Southbank it really is the employees who represent the company to determine if one would return and we certainly will!
I'm am a priority member and this membership really adds the bells and whistles to anyone's stay! Early check in and late check out, 1 room type upgrade which had us stay on the 10th floor corner with city, river and the eye views! Free wifi and breakfast included for the whole family! Concierge were outstanding (Jacob) I think his name and he really loves his employment and was so very friendly to my young children when most adults feel awkward and don't know what too say!
Breakfast was spectacular and although the wait staff appeared too busy to chat they were attentive and the chef prepared super delicious breakfast with a twist. Reception were pleasant and deserve a big thank you and hug for the room extras...
Don't even consider any other location Rydges is the perfect location to walk to ALL attractions - stay here and you will not be disappointed and know it was money well spent!
Travelling on a regular basis with and without the children - Thank you management at Rydges you have just set a new bar!
Well done x

• Stayed: July 2014
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear jse_2005,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

It is fantastic to see that you've enjoyed yourself so much here with us. We all work hard to make each and every guest feel welcome and cared for and I can see that we have been able to do so quite thoroughly. Your kind words serve to validate the work we do and it is greatly appreciated.

I will pass on your kind feedback to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Decided to do Rydges South Bank Brisbane as we stayed in Melbourne Rydges and couldn't fault it.
can't really fault Brisbane accommodation. Only the hotel doesn't stand up to the one in Melbourne. Bedding and pillows are not that much. Found bed rather hard. This was one of the reasons we chose Rydges. Was because of the exceptional bedding in Melbourne. Thought they would be all the same. With disappointment. But after 5 days. Just starting to get used of them.
Smell in bathroom was rather annoying. Managements solution to this was to run all the taps at once. But to no avail. Still smelling. Just had to remember to keep bathroom door closed.
But can't complain about their services, overall. But if in Brisbane again, would try another hotel.
On the positive, it is so close to all the attractions.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Facing river, not train line
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear 508Barb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

Please accept my apologies that we were not able to rectify the issues you had in your bathroom. I have informed our maintenance department, who will follow up to ensure this does not happen again.
I am glad to say that, since the renovations to our public areas were completed, we are now turning our attention to the guest rooms and suites of the hotel.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.