I thought the Rydges brand was a good one. I was surprised how outdated this hotel was being next to the Convention Centre and how much it costs to stay a night here. Admittedly I opted for a twin room with river front view and a balcony but found the room to be only just clean. I wont go into detail as it was trivial but I did notice the room was stuffy when I walked in. The curtains were fully closed - would have better if they were open so your first impression was the fantastic view (I arrived there about 4pm). The stuffiness did not improve when turning the air con on. I contacted room service to have it rectified. I was advised maintenance had gone home for the night and that they would supply me with a fan. I had paid good money for the room and asked to be moved to another room with air con that worked. The kind Concierge organised and assisted me moving to another room (right next door). Not sure what the idea was but the curtains were also fully drawn.
The location of the hotel is great and the view at night time was fantastic. South Bank is just across the road and there is a ferry to take you across the other side to the Casino and the Mall - all easy walking distance. The South Brisbane train station is also very close and easy walking distance - which is great as there is a direct line to the airport. I would stay here again as the location is excellent. Room service was great and the little hiccup I had with the air con could happen anywhere. I still think the hotel is about due for a thorough clean and make over though. Also a bonus to have free Wi-Fi but more and more hotels are now offering this feature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges South Bank is situated in Brisbane’s most enviable location, the South Bank arts and entertainment precinct. The hotel adjoins with the Brisbane Convention Centre via a walkway, it is only a few minutes walk to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, the Queensland Museum, State Library of Queensland and the new magnificent Gallery of Modern Art. Downtown Brisbane, Treasury Casino and the Queen Street Mall are an easy 10 minute stroll away. With Bacchus South Bank & CBD Cafe, Bar and Dining both located at Rydges you don't need to go far for a fantastic food and beverage selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges South Bank Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges South Bank Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Rydges South Bank Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Rydges South Bank