Just returned from a 2 night stay at Rydges . Booked on their website and got a great Easter deal that included buffet breakfast , valet parking a late check out till 1.00pm. We had a Deluxe Twin River View room which was perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids ( 5 and 8 ) .
The room was large and had two double beds , a small kitchenette area , table and 2 chairs plus a lounge and desk ! We had a decent size balcony with views over the River and into the city. The bathroom wasnt flash but clean and functional , if a little small.
Had a " welcome back " drink and some wedges at the CBD bar on ground level and had the buffet breakfast both mornings. The 1st morning there was a wedding party in and the place was packed ! Had to wait 10 minutes for a table , which was annoying with 2 young hungry kids , but once we settled in for breakfast the food made up for it !
Great buffet with all fruits , smoked salmon , museli etc . The normal yummy hot food and on the 2nd bfast a chef to make your eggs how you like them ! A pancake maker ( which the girls loved ! ) and other pastries galore. Really yummy !!
The Rydges is in a great location for exploring all that Southbank has to offer. Just a few minutes walk to the Musuem , Scientcentre and Art gallery in one direction and Streets Beach and the fantastic water park in the other direction. Heaps of cafes and great restaurants on Little Stanley st close by too.
We had a lovely time and the hotel was perfect for us. The staff were helpful and friendly and even though we had late check out , they still kept our car and luggage so the girls could have one more play at the water park !!
Thanks Rydges ! See you next year !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges South Bank is situated in Brisbane’s most enviable location, the South Bank arts and entertainment precinct. The hotel adjoins with the Brisbane Convention Centre via a walkway, it is only a few minutes walk to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, the Queensland Museum, State Library of Queensland and the new magnificent Gallery of Modern Art. Downtown Brisbane, Treasury Casino and the Queen Street Mall are an easy 10 minute stroll away. With Bacchus South Bank & CBD Cafe, Bar and Dining both located at Rydges you don't need to go far for a fantastic food and beverage selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges South Bank Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges South Bank Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Rydges South Bank Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Rydges South Bank