“Great Service, Great Staff, Very Secure for the single ladies, Close to train stations, Walking distance of CBD”

Acacia Inner City Inn
Ranked #26 of 60 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I had a Dentist appointments with the Dentist (March Dental), & the surgery was only 20 paces from here @ Acacia Inn. On arriving I couldn't have found the staff more helpful. I was not feeling the best when I arrived (as you don't after having several extractions) & the lady helped me with my small port, & showed me around, I was happy with everything, from my arrival to my departure. They must have a great cleaner, who doesn't leave anything unturned (Commendations to The Cleaner for a job you are obviously doing well) I was very impressed with the cleanliness here, I'll be back in a few weeks, with a friend, & another dental appointment :-)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Phyllis51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
England
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I booked a small single no-frills room with shared shower and W.C facilities because I just wanted to sleep there. I think there are a range of rooms available and this was the cheapest. The shared bathroom was just down the corridor.I could have found this difficult but didn't. There were both men and womens shared bathrooms and the vintage one I used was immaculately clean, it was a delight! The breakfast taken in your own room was simple but generous, and more than enough with own kettle, toaster and washbasin in the room. There is also a communal kitchen to use if you wish. The room itself was a little-dated but clean,basic, safe - perfectly adequate for me with a TV and air-conditioning.The Acacia Inner City Inn is located so very conveniently in Brisbane for the CBD and the bus stop and train station, just a short walk, and this made travelling around very easy for me. There is a little convenience shop nearby and all the tourist info you could want. The staff are very polite, helpful and welcoming, I felt quite happy during my stay there and slept well.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Missminerva
Brescia, Italy
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stayed at Acacia Inner City Inn from 20th to 24th October 2010, for a conference I was attending due to my research studies and as well to visit the city a little.

I booked a single room with shared bathrooms, and overall I don't remember any negatives about the B&B: it is clean, bathrooms are very spacious and there is a little kitchen on every floor (though it only has microwave and toaster, you can only heat food and not properly cook it, it was enough for my short stay).

Room was spacious and comfy: a little table and a chair to use for breakfast or dinner if you'd like, bedside table, shelves to put on your clothes and TV were available. There is also a small sink so you can wash your teeth at night without having to go to the shared bathrooms.
I couldn't figure how to switch on the air conditioning but didn't really need it so didn't even bother to ask reception about it.

Breakfast is a choiche between 3 types of cereals (corn flakes, weet-bix and rice bubbles), plus milk, orange juice and bread to toast with butter, and you also can choose amongst strawberry or apricot jam, orange marmelade or vegemite.
All the food is brought to the room the day before, so you will find milk butter and juice in the little fridge and the rest of your breakfast on a little tray inside the room.

After 8pm and until 6am (I think) they lock the front door, but each key has a passcode printed on it and you just have to digit it to get inside (feels very safe).

Receptionist were easygoing and always with a smile on their face (which is exactly what you like after a long day at a tiring conference, or just to share your holiday experience), very kind to explain me how to check-out on the last day since I was leaving at 5am.
No problems at all, slept wonderfully (quiet area and comfy bed) and lived the city to the fullest. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank asorairam
Rockhampton
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed for four nights while sightseeing. Clean, spacious room with ensuite. Breakfast included. Room had fridge, toaster, jug in room and use of kitchen at end of corridor.
Staff very friendly and helpful. In Upper Edward Street and close ti CBD. Will stay here every time I go to Brisbane.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank BellaRockhampton
portugal
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We arrived in Brisbane with no reservation and so booked this one in desperation, on arrival we were actually pleasantly surprised. it is very oldy worldy, but extremely clean and our room was huge and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PortugalExplorers
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Stayed here for a week while working in Brisbane. Had a single room with shared bathroom for $70/night including a small breakfast I dont think you can find better so close to the city. It is old, dont expect modern fixtures and fittings but its clean and the staff are friendly so if you're just after somewhere to crash i highly reccomend this place. Fridge in room and communal kitchen.
Noisy air conditioner next to your might be a bit annoying in summer...but at least it has air conditioning!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank mxn1
Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel for two nights at the end of an Australian vacation. I had picked it mainly for its reasonable price and downtown location. The hotel is really more like a transient hotel, with small rooms without much of a view. My original room was very tiny and did not have ensuite facilities; fortunately I was able to upgrade for a little more to a larger, corner room with shower. The bed was comfortable, the included breakfast was spartan, with cereal, juice, toast and coffee, and the management couple were friendly. The main advantage was the free, secure car park and the location, within a three-minute drive of the heart of downtown Brisbane. Wireless internet was available and reasonably inexpensive, but the server was intermittent. This was an OK location for a single traveler, but probably not for families.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo