“Ok for a night”

Acacia Inner City Inn
Ranked #26 of 62 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed here as we could not find any reasonably priced accomodation in Brisbane. Whilst the price was lower than other options in Brisbane it was still more than we had paid for much better accomodation elswhere during our 10 weeks in Oz. The owner was very welcoming and the rooms clean but the corridors and room felt very functional and depressing. The location is quite good and for an overnight stay this inn is fine but I would not want to stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a great place if you are looking for a clean, quiet option that is centrally located. You are a couple of blocks away from the train station, and minutes away from the CBD. It is a great option for travelers on a budget. The rooms are small, yet clean and you are provided all the basics. The owners are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was actually booked in to stay at the B7B next door, but they didn't answer the (closed) door, so I went to Acacia. I'm really pleased that I went there...the woman at the desk was really helpful and even though I wasn't booked in, nothing was a problem. Of curse it made it even better when we discovered we were both from the same city in New Zealand!!
Anyway, she gave me a double room with shared bathroom. Now, I've not had to share a b/room in a hotel before so I was a bit wary. But this b/room was very clean...both the toilets and the showers. It's very retro and cool with the tiled floors and walls.
The room was a small but perfect size with a fridge, jug, toaster, TV and table and chair in it. Oh.. and air conditioning- which I cranked up every time I walked in!!
Breakfast is provided - cereal, bread, a spread, butter and tea and coffee are provided in the room.
The place is conveniently located just a short stroll to CBD. There's also a free bus which you can catch across the road from Acacia - it loops around the block and ends up opposite Woolworths and Big W in the CBD. It has' Springhill' on the destination sign. Good if, like me, you're not a big walker!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Location is excellent, rooms/facilities basic and small but fine for a relatively cheap place to stay in Brisbane for a few days. Owners friendly and helpful also. Seemed expensive compared to other places we've stayed in Australia however reasonable when compared to other places in Brisbane.

Wifi available at small extra cost and breakfast (included), basic but adequate and appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2011

A minute away from the train station and a comfortable stroll to the shopping street and CBD, we were very pleased with our stay. The couple running it is friendly, efficient and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet, being on the edge of the city, traffic noise was not a problem although it's on a main street. Our stay was peaceful and comfortable. We had an ensuite so I can't comment on the common baths and toilets. We will stay here again. For this price, you can't get a better deal for private rooms and facilities.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank YellowCombi
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I had a Dentist appointments with the Dentist (March Dental), & the surgery was only 20 paces from here @ Acacia Inn. On arriving I couldn't have found the staff more helpful. I was not feeling the best when I arrived (as you don't after having several extractions) & the lady helped me with my small port, & showed me around, I was happy with everything, from my arrival to my departure. They must have a great cleaner, who doesn't leave anything unturned (Commendations to The Cleaner for a job you are obviously doing well) I was very impressed with the cleanliness here, I'll be back in a few weeks, with a friend, & another dental appointment :-)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Phyllis51
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I booked a small single no-frills room with shared shower and W.C facilities because I just wanted to sleep there. I think there are a range of rooms available and this was the cheapest. The shared bathroom was just down the corridor.I could have found this difficult but didn't. There were both men and womens shared bathrooms and the vintage one I used was immaculately clean, it was a delight! The breakfast taken in your own room was simple but generous, and more than enough with own kettle, toaster and washbasin in the room. There is also a communal kitchen to use if you wish. The room itself was a little-dated but clean,basic, safe - perfectly adequate for me with a TV and air-conditioning.The Acacia Inner City Inn is located so very conveniently in Brisbane for the CBD and the bus stop and train station, just a short walk, and this made travelling around very easy for me. There is a little convenience shop nearby and all the tourist info you could want. The staff are very polite, helpful and welcoming, I felt quite happy during my stay there and slept well.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo