“close to airport”

Ranked #108 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Australia
“close to airport”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

After a long jounney from Papua New Guinea I arrived at the motel at around 10 pm, the staff carried all my luggage to the room and arranged early shuttle bus for next morning. room was clean and spacious but a bit noisy . shuttle bus to airport only cost $12.50, bus driver also carried my luggage on and off the bus. I will stay here again when next time in Brisbane.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband had a LONG flight and late check in from London and we advised that we wanted the WiFi and were checking in late to the room. We were given NO WiFi code, therefore could not use the wifi and my husband had just cut off his service from the UK , therefore really did want to use it.
We checked in and within a few hours a HUGE Cockroach came out onto the tiled area and died on the floor slowly.
The next morning when I went to complain to the manager , she did not know what to do and simply walked off on me at reception!!!!
I went back to our room, by this time I was quite upset , so I just said to my husband to pack and we would go. Within 10 minutes another so called manager( I'm gathering , the husband) came to the door and when I explained how upset we were, he handed me the WiFi code( which, was supposed to be given the night before) , but because of his poor English, he could not understand that we were actually leaving and were upset! He then asked what he could do for us and I then said we would please like a refund, as we did not get a 4 star hotel, he then said"no, you already pay, you already stay...NO REFUND!" ...and yes, it was that rudely. My husband, who is normally a quiet man, was even telling this so called manager that he had no need to be rude and we were entitled to a refund for a poor stay. I did proceed to tell him that a review would be written about our stay and wanted to know if there was a head office to complain to. No head office, he was the owner and manager.
In the end we complained to the company we booked through and agreed to half a refund, but From personal experience and staying at hotels all around the world, I would NEVER say that we had 4 star in this facility and the rudeness of management and our whole experience was something I would not like anyone else to go through. NOT RECOMMENDED ST ALL...STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE....HORRIBLE!!!
Lastly, when we went to leave, it took allot to get our small car out as the way the parks are set up is also terrible!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nell1970

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Gympie, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our 2 night stay at Airlodge International was pleasent with no problems. Our main concern was if it would be noisy being situated on the main drag (Kingsford Smith Drive), but we had no problem at all. Very sound proff where our room was. The room has all one needs for an overnight stay Or a short vist. The room was very compact, with very small kitchenette - microwave - plates - knives forks ect. Staff are very pleasent and most helpfull. I would certainly recommend this motel for accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Queensland Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

This little hotel is excellent value for ,only. Close to the Brisbane airport, it is clean, spacious and the staff are friendly and efficient. This is our second stay at the hotel, this time we were given the wheel chair friendly room, the room was large and the shower has a sturdy fold out seat, I imagine this would be very good for those people not able to stand to shower.
This will be our choice of hotel near the airport from now on.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kimkath61
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at Airolodge prior to our crusie leving from Brisbane in July 2013. The first impression is often the most important, and we were greeted by the most helpful and wonderful staff. Our room was very spacious with a small balcony. It was clean and had everything we needed. The locaion of the hotel is a short walk to Racecourse Rd where there are restaurants, cafes & shops. We ate at the Hamilton Pub, which I can highly recommend.
The following morning, a cooked breakfast was delivered to our room at a very reasonable price. The hotel offered free transport to the cruise terminal. You can walk it - 10-15mins, but we didn't want to lug our cases around. On our return from the cruise, the kind staff allowed us to store our luggage for a few hours (even though we weren't staying there at this time), whilst we walked down the road for brunch and killed some time before making our way back to the airport at midday. We were able to call a taxi from the hotel's direct line. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The only reason it didn't get a 'very good' rating, is simply because it's not a 5 star hotel. But we got 5 star service!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cathie L
Christchurch NZ
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We are 2 couples, that stayed overnight in the 'Family 4' room, prior to our cruise. We booked via Wofif.com. The location was great, very close to the cruise terminal, lovely restaurants around. A 7/11 shop was very, very close. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and gave us a free wifi code and free transfers to the cruise terminal. The room was great for our needs. Comfortable beds, Queen bed in main room, with a kitchenette (which can be divided off). The other bedroom had 2 single beds, and the bathroom off it. We also had a small balcony. This room could also be divided off. We had a very comfortable, enjoyable stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lisa.cole
Thursday Island, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed one night to accommodate early morning travel to the airport; room was spacious, very large flat screen tv and reasonable decor. Comfortable bedding, balcony and excellent position to the airport add to the positive tones and the lady who waited for me to arrive at reception was helpful and friendly. I came here to sleep though, and sleep I did not, as not only is the property situated on a main road and traffic can clearly be heard through the glass balcony door, but the walls must be very thin for it was the other tenants that woke me a number of times through the night with loud conversations and slamming doors - and I am not generally a light sleeper.
If you are looking for a good nights sleep before a long day, this is probably not the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business