“Comfortable overnighter close to airport”

Airolodge International
Ranked #113 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I haved stayed here twice. Bed comfortable room spacious n clean with standard motel type decor
Mini bar with a free bottle of water n milk provided on arrival for tea coffee. Free wifi in room a bonus shuttle costs $12.50 and picks up from a number of hotels along route so allow extra time
U can hear some traffic noise but its not too bad. Has a pool and basic cafe type meals room deliveryif u can't bothered to stroll to the cafes on Corner.Good value airport overnighter.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed in Airolodge for two nights whilst we were in Brisbane.the room was clean and tidy,the bed was so comfortable, large flat screen tv. staffs were very friendly and helpful.
room service available but meals were basic, no mini bar in the room.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

After a long jounney from Papua New Guinea I arrived at the motel at around 10 pm, the staff carried all my luggage to the room and arranged early shuttle bus for next morning. room was clean and spacious but a bit noisy . shuttle bus to airport only cost $12.50, bus driver also carried my luggage on and off the bus. I will stay here again when next time in Brisbane.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband had a LONG flight and late check in from London and we advised that we wanted the WiFi and were checking in late to the room. We were given NO WiFi code, therefore could not use the wifi and my husband had just cut off his service from the UK , therefore really did want to use it.
We checked in and within a few hours a HUGE Cockroach came out onto the tiled area and died on the floor slowly.
The next morning when I went to complain to the manager , she did not know what to do and simply walked off on me at reception!!!!
I went back to our room, by this time I was quite upset , so I just said to my husband to pack and we would go. Within 10 minutes another so called manager( I'm gathering , the husband) came to the door and when I explained how upset we were, he handed me the WiFi code( which, was supposed to be given the night before) , but because of his poor English, he could not understand that we were actually leaving and were upset! He then asked what he could do for us and I then said we would please like a refund, as we did not get a 4 star hotel, he then said"no, you already pay, you already stay...NO REFUND!" ...and yes, it was that rudely. My husband, who is normally a quiet man, was even telling this so called manager that he had no need to be rude and we were entitled to a refund for a poor stay. I did proceed to tell him that a review would be written about our stay and wanted to know if there was a head office to complain to. No head office, he was the owner and manager.
In the end we complained to the company we booked through and agreed to half a refund, but From personal experience and staying at hotels all around the world, I would NEVER say that we had 4 star in this facility and the rudeness of management and our whole experience was something I would not like anyone else to go through. NOT RECOMMENDED ST ALL...STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE....HORRIBLE!!!
Lastly, when we went to leave, it took allot to get our small car out as the way the parks are set up is also terrible!

2  Thank Nell1970
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our 2 night stay at Airlodge International was pleasent with no problems. Our main concern was if it would be noisy being situated on the main drag (Kingsford Smith Drive), but we had no problem at all. Very sound proff where our room was. The room has all one needs for an overnight stay Or a short vist. The room was very compact, with very small kitchenette - microwave - plates - knives forks ect. Staff are very pleasent and most helpfull. I would certainly recommend this motel for accommodation.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This little hotel is excellent value for ,only. Close to the Brisbane airport, it is clean, spacious and the staff are friendly and efficient. This is our second stay at the hotel, this time we were given the wheel chair friendly room, the room was large and the shower has a sturdy fold out seat, I imagine this would be very good for those people not able to stand to shower.
This will be our choice of hotel near the airport from now on.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kimkath61
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at Airolodge prior to our crusie leving from Brisbane in July 2013. The first impression is often the most important, and we were greeted by the most helpful and wonderful staff. Our room was very spacious with a small balcony. It was clean and had everything we needed. The locaion of the hotel is a short walk to Racecourse Rd where there are restaurants, cafes & shops. We ate at the Hamilton Pub, which I can highly recommend.
The following morning, a cooked breakfast was delivered to our room at a very reasonable price. The hotel offered free transport to the cruise terminal. You can walk it - 10-15mins, but we didn't want to lug our cases around. On our return from the cruise, the kind staff allowed us to store our luggage for a few hours (even though we weren't staying there at this time), whilst we walked down the road for brunch and killed some time before making our way back to the airport at midday. We were able to call a taxi from the hotel's direct line. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The only reason it didn't get a 'very good' rating, is simply because it's not a 5 star hotel. But we got 5 star service!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends