“Good Location. Ideal for Family -”
Review of Toowong Villas

Toowong Villas
Ranked #78 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good Location. Ideal for Family -”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were stuck trying to find somewhere to stay for a couple of nights in Brisbane that would accommodate four (two teenagers and two adults) without costing the earth. We needed to stay within reasonable distance of the city centre and airport. This place worked out great!

Toowong is a good transport hub with trains, buses and water taxi all running from there for the quick journey into city centre. It is a 5km walk into the city centre, if you are brave enough to dodge the heat and the mad cyclists. There are a variety of food places (cheap - mid-range) and two supermarkets.

The accommodation was clean and spacious enough for our needs. We had a great view towards the city but the pay-off was the noisy road below our window. Worth it, to us, for the view but if you want things quieter ask for accommodation away from the road. The beds were comfortable enough but the pillows were like concrete, we don't know why. If we had stayed longer we would have done something about this but they were adequate for a night or two.

One problem was the vent windows (in one bedroom) were directly above an outdoor area where smokers lingered. The bedding and our clothes smelt of smoke quickly even with the windows shut. We solved the problem by moving the ashtry to another corner but would recommend that the managers provide a smokers area that is well away from the buildings.

The pools were both wonderful and we used them at different times of the day to maximise the sun/shade.

The managers were helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ToowongVillas, Manager at Toowong Villas, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest
My apology for not responding sooner but I have just returned from leave. Thanking you for taking the time to write your review. The detail you have given was great for potential new guests.
I have noted your comments about the pillows. We d have a supply of alternative pillows for guests use and we will look at different pillow types.
As I non smoker I understand your comment about smokers. We endeavour to keep smokers away from the buildings but as you know smokers have a mind of their own.
I note you are a Mainlander(South Island). As an ex Kiwi I'm sure you enjoyed the result of the Dunedin Bledisloe Cup game.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are much appreciated.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed with friends for a wedding. Management were quick to respond to emails and were warm and friendly, even giving up their own coffee plunger. The apartment was perfect for our stay, lovely pool and great BBQ area. Very close to great shops at Toowong Village. Was easy to find as good signage around the corner on the main road. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Our apartment was on the top floor which gave great views of the city and breezes but would of cours...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for writing your review. I'm pleased everything went well for you. I now know why my coffee did not taste the same as usual. Glad the coffee plunger worked for you.
I note you are from Christchurch. I hope the earthquakes have had minimum impact on your lives. I know the recovery process has been long and drawn out but progress can now be seen.
Good luck for the future.
Thank you again for your very kind remarks, they are appreciated.
shenzhen
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The staff is very cruel, they charge addtional fee fm our credit card without any notice and any reason. When we check this with them, but they asked us to get out!!
We stay this hotel for one night and clear all dishes before leaving, but they thought we didn't clean house before leaving, so they charge it.
And our friend had a visiting in our room, they thought they stay there for one night, so they also charge it without any informing.
After I received bank's text about this charge, I checked with it and ask for the reason, they are so crude and yelled at me and my child. There is no sense of security for our credit card because they charge it any time without any informing.
I got a horrible staying here and I think they wl lose many chinese tourists in future.

这家旅馆带有严重的对中国人的种族歧视,在没有任何通知的情况下在我的信用卡里面多扣了钱,当我发现时去理论,他们居然说是因为我有朋友在这里过夜!我的朋友只是拜访,又没有要求他们提供多的服务!又说我们把房间搞得很脏!我们中国人最讲究整洁了,离开前,我们还特地把碗刷干净了。说是10点退房,他们有个老头10点过十分就上来敲门赶人,很粗鲁。感觉我们不是在这里住酒店,好像是他们收留了我们一样。他们对白人很友好,但是对我们中国人态度特别差。在这里住酒店完全感受不到安全感,我的信用卡白白的被他们强行多扣了几十澳币!!

Room Tip: Room is very small, and it is very noisy near road. The bed is too hard to fall sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jessy H
ToowongVillas, Manager at Toowong Villas, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest
It was disappointing to receive your review, because it does not reflect the facts.
A summary of the facts are:
* You rang about 9am from the Gold Coast, 60 minutes away seeking directions to our complex.
* About 11am 4 adults and 2 children, each with a separate suitcase, arrived. You demanded an early check in (3hrs early), stating you had travelled for many hours and a long distance. We had to move bookings to check you in.
* All six persons went to the room, which was located at the rear of the complex, above our own accommodation, well away from any roads.
* At 10am the following morning you pushed past other guests and demanded a late check out at 2pm. When told that was not possible, due to our bookings, you shouted the birds had kept you awake from 4am in the morning and you had a late flight to China.
* A check of your room found 4 adults and 2 children in the room. An additional charge was made for the extra adults. You were also in default of the Fire and Emergency Regulations by not declaring the additional guests..
* After a discussion with the booking agent, as professionals, we refunded your extra payment.
As I said earlier, it was disappointing to receive a review that was inconsistent with the facts and distorts our very high standard of customer service for which we are very well known and proud of.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had to stay close to city for an early morning business meeting. The managers stayed around to book me in and provided warm, friendly service! A stand out in my travelling experience. Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2013
ToowongVillas, Manager at Toowong Villas, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind comments. They were much appreciated. Comments like yours make the work easier and enjoyable.
Thank you again for your review.

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Booked a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment for a Saturday night stay in Toowong for 4 adults. Management were helpful from booking over phone right through to check in & out. Apartment was all that we needed as stated above. Location was good as it was handy to the shopping centre & to restaurants. Easy to access & find & car parking was not cramped.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
It was exciting to read your review of our complex. We have informed our staff that their efforts are appreciated by our guests and we put on morning tea for them to thank them.
Thank you again for your comments. They were much appreciated.

Maraylya, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We've just spent to nights at Toowong Villas staying in a roomy 2 bedroom apartment. Everything was very clean and tidy with a well appointed kitchen. The management team could not have been more helpful and friendly. They provided lots of great site seeing ideas with good directions on how to get there. The location was very peaceful and quiet and well away from the main road. It was perfect for the business activities we needed to attend to during our stay and for some extra shopping. I only wished we'd had more time to spend here at this top spot. We'll definitely be back! Many thanks for your hospitality Jim and Annette.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
ToowongVillas, Manager at Toowong Villas, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking time to write your review. Annette and I very much appreciated your comments.
We enjoy offering site seeing suggestions, particularly if we have been there as we can explain our experience of the complex. Our visits also help to explain how to get there. Our shopping centre is walking distance and David Jones has just completed an upgrade. Hope the credit card was not overspent.
Thanks again for your comments, they were appreciated, and we look forward to your next visit.

Longreach, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I recently found myself in a position at the Emergency Department at the Wesley Hospital. Arranging accommodation was not on the radar until around 10:00pm when I suddenly realised it may not be too easy to find a bed. After several phone calls going to message bank I was overwhelmed when Jim answered the phone, he was incredibly helpful. He arranged a room and took the worry out of the situation, insisitng that I phone at any hour to arrange keys etc. At midnight Annette was kind enough to meet me, so I am very grateful for all their kindness and assistance.
The room was lovely and quiet so I would recommend to anyone requiring accommodation near the Wesley.

Room Tip: Worth having your own pillow.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ToowongVillas, Manager at Toowong Villas, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review. Annette and I were very appreciative of your comments. Our experience has been to always answer the phone regardless of the hour, for the very reason you found yourself in. We were glad to help.
Hope everything well for you at the hospital.
Thank you again for your kind comments.

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Toowong Inn & Suites
Toowong Central Motel Apartments
Fairthorpe Apartments
Fairthorpe Apartments
#45 of 129 in Brisbane

Been to Toowong Villas? Share your experiences!