“Excellent and wow!”

Ranked #4 of 569 Quick Bites in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Made a detour to go get this brunch and it was worth it. The coffee was some of the best and so was the food.. wonderfully prepared and nicely presented. Service was impeccable too.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (281)

Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here yesterday - my partner and I and our 2 dogs. We appreciated the water bowl because we walked about 1 hour to get there. Meals were fabulous! I had papaya and coconut salad and my partner had a Spanish breakfast dish which he LOVED! Both meals were beautiful, fresh, delicious. We'll be back! Thanks!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank LindaCarmody
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I have eaten here many times so I know the food and the menu. When a place changes and it's not for the better I ask myself, I wonder if there is a new chef or new management.
Yes, that is what has happened here.
It's lost the edge. It's still good, better than most, but it's not sensational like it used to be.
The first clue were poached eggs that didn't run. The second was the slice of lemon wedge served with my smashed avocado that had "skinned over". Clearly it was cut much earlier, perhaps the previous day?
The coffee was still good and the staff are good but where I once said it was the best breakfast in Brisbane I now think it is one of the better breakfasts in Brisbane.

1  Thank Rohan F
DoubleShotNewFarm, Owner at Double Shot New Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Thank you for the 4 star review.
We appreciate your candid feedback and have taken action to maintain the high quality expected at Double Shot New Farm. We hope to welcome you back soon for breakfast, lunch or Tapas and drinks on Friday evenings.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Small upmarket cafe with footpath seating also. Service quick even though all seating full. Coffee lovely. Food delicious, freshly baked and not your average menu. Would love to go back

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Our daughter took my wife and I here for breakfast and it was without doubt the best breakfast we have had during our 6 weeks in Oz. The service was excellent and very friendly. We didn't have long to wait before our food appeared. I had eggs benedict with bacon on an English muffin drizzled with olive oil tapenade, my wife had soft scrambled eggs with bacon on sourdough toast and my daughter had soft boiled eggs with Turkish toast soldiers. All of our food was excellent. I would recommend this cafe without reservation