“Had a great time”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Fremantle, Australia
“Had a great time”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a great time at the public it's a great bar the staff are really friendly we got to know Daniel the time we were there he is a good guy the food we had was very good it's a bar for a good time

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“For something different and trendy”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We went here because we wanted to try a upmarket restaurant in Brisbane that wasn't too pricy (relatively speaking). The food was very interesting, it really gave my tastebuds a work out. To be honest, I wasn't sure I liked it, I wouldn't call it comfortable food and I can tell you I can eat lot of different things people wouldn't call comfortable. We had the duck egg, truffle and toast and that was divine - I could have that every day for breakfast. The wagyu was interesting, very tender but the flavour was very chocolately and overly rich. We ordered some sides, the salt and vinegar fries which were fine but went soggy very quickly, the brussel sprouts was a tad oily but my partner lapped it up and said the bacon in it was addictive. The beetroot dish was pleasant though the kumquat in it was too chunky and so its bitterness was a little too strong. The green and white beans were cooked very well, super crunchy and lightly dressed but other beans (broad, green peas etc) were too heavy for an already heavy meal.
Conclusion: Very heavy dishes, even the vegetable dishes tasted heavy but if you want to taste something different this is a great place for it. The wine was actually quite pricy if you have just the glass. We had a glass of malbec for $17. Staff were friendly enough and food came out in a timely manner. No regrets but probably won't go back, except for maybe the duck egg truffle toast, and try out their KFD (Kentucky Fried Duck).

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Dorylicious
Wollongong
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Went here twice in two nights, so I guess it cant be too bad.
We had the KFD the first night, wasn't particularly thrilling, but it was pretty good. Wait staff really put pressure on to buy extra drinks, I know that's their job, but it made us feel uncomfortable. We would try other places before going back here, purely to keep things interesting, not because this place did anything particularly wrong. Or right. Sorry if this review does not help much!

Visited July 2014
Brisbane
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tapas...”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It's my 2nd time there. Once with a group of girlfriends, and now with my family. Food is not bad, the service is excellent, and treated my 4 year like a guest too rather than just the guest's kid

Visited July 2014
1 Thank zling
Sydney, Australia
“Superb for Brisbane standards, otherwise merely good.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The "KFD" and Carpaccio are amongst the cities most delectable food offerings, yet the remaining dishes lacked the consistency and quantity to justify further praise. The service is decent and the space beautifully fitted out, yet one still is left wondering whether such accolades would be deserved were Public located in Brisbane's more competitive food-Meccas further south.

• Visited April 2014