“Weekend Away” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Brisbane King George Square

Mercure Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Had a business meeting close by and was booked here for a short stay. I was delighted to find the accommodation was superior to the usual hotels I get booked into in Brisbane. Easy walk to everything; shops, restaurant, station and a taxi rank at the door. Quiet at night and staff were efficient and polite. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Grant P, General Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear LeaHXZ,

I’m glad you found the accommodation superior at the hotel. We certainly are only a short walk to so much that Brisbane has to offer, making it a great benefit to our guests. Thankyou for telling us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I traveled to Brisbane for business and wanted to be close to the venue. I was looking for accommodation in this area and chose the Mercure King George because it looked like the best rooms out of the 5 or so in the area (from pictures and reviews). It can't be argued, this hotel is in a great location. If you haven't been to Brisbane before and aren't sure in what location to stay - this is a good one!

I stayed in what they call a business room. From what I can tell, this just meant that it was on the top floor (level 15 if I'm remembering correctly) and came with a free bottle of water and little box of slice. While these perks were very nice I'm not convinced they were worth the price discrepancy from the normal rooms. The window was very small so it was hard to enjoy the view from the top floor. Although it was nice to take the water and treats to the conference every day as a snack. Of course, I could be wrong and there may be more perks but I was there for 4 nights and this is all I noticed.

The room was nice and neat, clean and fairly modern. It was pretty much perfect for 1 person. However, if you are travelling as a couple I would not stay here. Don't get me wrong, I love my partner, but I don't think I would want to share such a small space with him (or anyone else) for more than one night.

I found the service to be friendly and helpful. I ordered room service every night and it was all good and arrived in a perfectly timely manner. I had no complaints about service at all.

I would recommend this hotel to single and corporate travelers. I will be staying here again for business, however, I will reconsider spending the extra money on a business room. If I were to travel to Brisbane with my partner, or anyone else, I would look for a hotel that has larger rooms. This is hotel is a bit pricey but the location is great and was worth the money for the very short walk to where I needed to be and has perfectly nice, modern rooms.

Room Tip: Reconsider booking a business room unless you really want to be on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Emily S
Dear Emily,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I’m pleased you choose to stay here with us at the hotel and had no complaints about the service. There are a few additions to our Privilege rooms in the Mercure for example a robe and slippers and additional reading material as well as water and sweet amenity as you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friend booked this accommodation for us so I was very wary given my last Mercure experience. This place was actually really nice. The rooms were of a decent size, very clean and super quiet at night. It is located right in the middle of everything so an easy walk to shops, restaurants and a short walk over to the GOMA. It was so well priced for what you received so I would definitely consider this property again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location but is looking a little tired. The bed was comfortable. No free internet access. Had some problems with lighting, the safe and shower fittings and the mini bar included some expired items (nuts were 12 months out of date). A staff member took a long time (several hours) to come when called for assistance.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hitspacebar
Grant P, General Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear hitspacebar-facebook,

Thanykou for taking the time to review the hotel. I was disappointed to read about the maintenance issues you came across during your stay and the length of time it took for someone to come and assist you along with the expired nuts. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the relevant departments for follow-up.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed overnight here on a recent trip to Brisbane. Although clearly an old hotel which shows it's age just below the surface, it has been modernised to a satisfactory degree. We had a comfortable stay and found the service very good. Staff were helpful and eager to please. Beds were very comfortable. Kids were disappointed there were no kids channels available on Foxtel though! We would stay here again for a short visit!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just had one night at this hotel. Very well situated in the middle of the city, close to lots of cafes and restaurants. My room, although small, had everything you need for one night. Best bed in a long time, room very clean and a good shower.
The one negative are the costs - $230 for a small room, $35 for parking, $36 for buffet breakfast or $28 for continental.

Room Tip: Don't eat there, plenty of local cafes where they won't rip you off for breakfast.
Dear PierroSydney,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It sounds as though room suited your needs for the night and please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs even with regards to costs.