“not a good experience”

Mercure Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #55 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 18 June 2014

although the hotel itself was very nice, and the location was great. i had a problem with being charged a very large amount of money for the holding fee for incidentals of the room...over double the price of the cost of the room, and was not advised AT ALL of the amount they were going to hold, when i queried this when i noticed so much gone out of my bank, they said they would follow up,as i was not impressed that they would not say the amount they were taking , and low and behold, i still have not had a return call and the money is still held up in my account. NOT HAPPY and will likely not stay here again due to the handling of this by the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grant P, General Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Rachael,

Thankyou for telling us about what happened during your stay and my apologies for the inconvenience. I would appreciate if you could please send me your contact details to my email grant.parnell@accor.com so that I can follow-up with you and the team.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

From the time we arrived the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. This hotel is in a great location in the middle of tne CBD, Brisbane. The main shopping area is 1 minute walk, as is the Treasury casino. Southbank is a few minutes walk across the river to Qpac and restaurants. All in all I really found this a good place to stay, the restaurant is really good, didn't try the coffee so can/t comment but everything else was great. the only drawback for me is that you can't open a window but that is the only negative , the staff were all outstanding and went out of their way. On check in we were offered a free late checkout to 2pm which was convenient too. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Judy,

Thankyou for the great review of the hotel. We certainly are in a very central location, making it very easy for our guests to get around! I hope you enjoyed the sleep in and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room was very good, although the air-conditioning was not adjustable to specific temperatures.
Bath robes would have been nice as per the Sebel.
The room service meal was very poor and not very tasty at all. There were no healthy choices on the room service menu.

Dear NCHMelb,

Although you found the room good, I was disappointed you had some trouble with the air-conditioning and didn’t find your room service meal up to scratch. Your comments will be passed onto our maintenance and kitchen team as feedback for further follow-up. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guest’s needs.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was actually thinking I had booked another Mercure Hotel in Brisbane where I had stayed previously. However, not knowing I had made a mistake I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel.

Very stylish reception area with the choice of either Mercure or Pullman towers. for a small fee you can upgrade from Mercure to Pullman standard. Receptions staff were very attentive and extremely polite. The hotel rooms were spacious, well appointed and clean. The hotel has a great bar area (KG Bar) on the ground floor which is quite large with plenty of room for guests.

The best feature of this hotel for me on this visit was it was basically over the road from the people I was there to visit for business.

Will definitely stay here again on future visits to Brisbane.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear John,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was pleased to read you were pleasantly surprised by your stay. The team will be encouraged by your kind comments about them and the hotel. I hope that we can welcome you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The check in staff were so helpful and friendly. The room was immaculate and spacious. The valet was fabulous. Room service was delicious and such generous servings. This hotel will be the only one we stay at every time we are in Brisbane.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grant P, General Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear KSoproni,

We do have a fantastic team at the hotel, so thankyou for feedback about them and of the other aspects of your stay. It is greatly appreciated and very welcome.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stay was made all the more enjoyable by the dedicated staff. They ensured that all my needs were taken care of. I would not hesitate staying again. The location was central to all my needs. Give it a gostsyat the Mercure St Georges Square Brisbane.

Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Dear Kerry

What a great review you’ve left for us, the team will be pleased to read it. It was especially great to read we met all your needs and thankyou for the recommendation.