I spent 3 nights in an apartment on level 19.
- There is a nice amount of space in the apartment.
- I love the floor to ceiling windows.
- It is all brand new.
- Close proximity and within 10 minutes walking distance to the main street in the CBD, as well as having a train station only 2 minutes walk away.
- Small kitchenette with the basic requirements of plates, cutlery, microwave, fridge, etc.
- I like that the washing up liquid and utensils are provided.
- There is also a laundry in the apartment which would come in handy for longer stays.
- I booked a city view room, hoping to actually have a city view, but it turns out that "city view" only refers to being able to see above the surrounding buildings or not. I had a view of Roma St station which is the exact opposite direction of the city. Disappointment.
- The sofa is hard as a rock (no exaggeration, you literally may as well be sitting on concrete), and I found that I had to watch tv in bed as it was far more comfortable.
- Waiting 10 minutes to collect my luggage from storage when there were 3 staff at the front desk, only 1 of which was actually serving a customer, was another disappointment.
- The shower is not designed very well. You can't have the shower mat in front of the shower door, because the door is so low that it won't open or it pushes the mat away when you open it. Also the shower head kept falling down as it stays up due to some sort of suction design that doesn't seem to work properly.
- I found the pillows to be way too big and high. There were at least 6 or 7 pillows and cushions on the bed and all of them had the same thickness. Surely a variety of pillow thicknesses would be more suitable if having that many pillows on a bed, so that the sleeper has some chance of finding one that is suitable, rather than them all being useless.
Overall, I found the stay to be nice enough, but I highly doubt I will stay here again. I think I would prefer somewhere where you get the view that you pay for, and where its a bit more comfortable and homely rather than new with a clinical feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arriving in Brisbane, you will find your destination in ease as you pursue in the direction of the city skyline's tallest building. Be amazed as you arrive at our front door, impressed by the never ending sky high tower that stands before you and be treated to five star luxury as you are welcomed in by a team of delightful porters and amazing guest services staff. Feel the anticipation as you soar to new, 74-storey heights in our high-tech lifts and be welcomed into one of our 260 stunning, beautifully appointed suites, fully equipped with the finest furnishing, modern facilities and the superior comforts of a gourmet kitchen, known to all Meriton Suites. Those staying in our 2 and 3 bedroom Altitude Suites will be subjected to unrivalled views of the beautiful city below and beyond, while our Infinity Penthouse treats guests to a phenomenal luxury living experience from the very top of Brisbane city. Sleep soundly on deluxe bedding and treat yourself to the soothing morning and afternoon sunshine that filters into the suite through floor to ceiling windows. Experience the immaculate daily cleaning services that our housekeeping team continuously endeavour to deliver and come home to watch the magical glimmer of the city lights illuminating below as day becomes night. Pamper yourself and refresh the body using the stylish bathroom amenities that comes equipped in all suites. Take advantage of our first class recreational facilities, including a fully equipped fitness centre and a heated indoor lap pool or unwind in a hot bubbling spa and steamy sauna, leaving you refreshed and energised to explore the brilliant attractions that await below. Search the web for things to do in Brisbane using our complimentary Wi-Fi connection or simply ask our 24 hour guest services team who will be more than happy to assist. The perfect base for exploring the south-eastern corner of Australia's Sunshine State, Brisbane parades a vibrant, youthful and laidback culture mixed in with the global and commercial aspects of a new-world city. Getting around will be made simple as we are conveniently nestled adjacent to Roma Street transit hub. Our prime location on Herschel Street positions us only moments away from the happening hub of South Bank, the city's premier lifestyle and cultural destination. Offering lush parklands, world class eateries, gorgeous views and a calendar of events to keep the city entertained throughout the year, South Bank is a must visit for all travellers. Boasting Australia's only inner-city, man-made beach, a sparkling lagoon surrounded by white sandy beaches and sub-tropical plants also makes South Bank the perfect location to soak up the year-round warm climate. For catching a live sports match, sport lovers will be glad to know that Suncorp Stadium and the GABBA are within easy walking distance while those looking to embrace arts and culture can find plenty in the Gallery of Modern Art and Queensland Museum, also only minutes away. A trip to Brisbane is not complete without a visit to the city's famous Queen Street Mall. Only a 10 minute walk away from the hotel, this fantastic retail hotspot is a shopaholic's dream. Discover the latest fashion, homewares, accessories and gifts from a choice of six major shopping centres that fall between George and Edward Streets in the city centre. Between the mix of stores are some of the city's most popular places to dine, so be spoilt for choice with an array of cafes and restaurants that will re-energise you to explore the sights. Choose not only to stay in luxury when you stay at Meriton Suites Herschel Street, but choose the best quality and better value accommodation option in Brisbane. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Meriton Suites Herschel Street, Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.