“Great Tavern & fantastic food and service”
Review of Bellbowrie Tavern

Bellbowrie Tavern
Ranked #1,279 of 4,401 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Come down to the Bellbowrie Tavern to meet Boris the Bull. While you're here don't forget to try one of our succulent steaks. We also have a wide range of dishes on our menu to tempt any taste buds. We have a family friendly atmosphere, so for a fun relaxed day or night bring the kids and enjoy dining at the Tavern.
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Tavern & fantastic food and service”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been to the Tavern on numerous occasions..staff are always friendly and courteous. The food is fantastic. A great venue for all occasions.

• Visited September 2013

“Great place for Steak!!!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went to the Bellbowrie tavern for the first time on a Friday evening Firstly noticing what a great looking pub it is and accommodating every member of the family from the kids play ground to the main pub!
The food was fantastic and I recommend the Rib eye Steak and toppers! Service was fast and friendly for a Friday night and I think I'll be back soon to try something else on there amazing menu!

Brisbane, Australia
“Consistently great every time!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family has frequented the Bellbowrie Tavern since its opening earlier this year. I'm am surprised and disappointed with the reviews I've read about the venue on this site. As locals with a young child, we rarely went out for dinner, instead opting for takeaway. Because of the consistent family-friendly atmosphere, service and food, we now dine at the Bellbowrie Tavern for lunch and dinner regularly. We are a single income family and we find the menu very reasonable with something for everyone - seniors and children. We continue to rave to our family and friends about the kids' meals - they have a variety of options for picky little diners, including healthy ones, and they're all very generous in portion size. My husband and I are also big fans of the $6.50 dessert & coffee deal. Even though we know the menu well and have tried most of the meals on it, the daily / weekly specials add a bit of variety at great prices. I think people in the Bellbowrie area are comparing the Tavern's prices to takeaway shops and the local sports club, which is very unfair as the the Tavern's offering is different to anything in the area. Either that or local competitors are just trying sledge the new pub! Note, it recently one best new pub in Queensland! If people ventured out and went to other restaurants they would be blown away at the cost of a restaurant meal. I love the Bellbowrie Tavern! Keep doing what you're doing - the staff are always friendly and flexible, food is great, lively atmosphere and overall consistent!!! I also love to see that the Tavern has taken an interest in the local community which is evident by all the certificates of appreciation from various charities and local community groups. Take it from me, we have dined at the Tavern countless times and have never walked away dissatisfied, which doesn't happen a lot these day in a society where service is few and far between. After reading the reviews on this site I have now decided to take reviews with a grain of salt as I couldn't disagree more with some of the comments posted. Staff at the Bellbowrie Tavern - you're doing a great job!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic venue, every time!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife, child and I have dined at the Bellbowrie Tavern weekly (at least) since it opened. Most visits we are with extended family and/or friends. The meals are up there with the best hotel meals we have ever eaten. We are especially surprised by the size and quality of the childrens meals and the flexibility to change a menu item ie. vegies instead of salad etc. Not many places allow this and the ones that do normally charge for the privelage. The staff are always polite, helpful, seemed very well trained, and just add to the amazing atmosphere of the tavern. For families, you can't go past the childrens entertainment areas, both inside and outside. State of the art! And, on a Sunday, there is even a facepainter there to keep the children happy while you can enjoy the company of your companions. I am surprised at some of the negative comments on here about this taverns restaurant as we have never had a bad experience here in at least 25 visits. Yes, the pricing isn't the cheapest, but it's definitely not expensive considering, the quality of meal, the quality of venue, the quality of service and the quality of staff, we can't wait to go back. I would like to say, if you are looking for a cheap, ordinary meal....go elsewhere. This venue obviously caters for people who have taste buds!! Well done Bellbowrie Tavern.

1 Thank Blackgoanna
Brisbane
“Go to Bellbowrie McDonalds instead - its better!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

75 minute wait for food, small portions, terrible quality, steak overlooked, inaccurate description of food delivered to what is on the menu, ie Caesar salad had no cheese or bacon at all. They even managed to get our coffee order wrong. Kitchen manager not very interested when I complained, excusing it all by stating they are busy.......

If you want a decent meal at Bellbowrie go to Bellbowrie McDonalds instead :)

• Visited September 2013